SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #7,352 of 45,723
Not the singers, but your Axios Kimber cables do. It is not even your WM1Z that does it :D. I am jealous

Wait till you see my pic, you will go insane. When a woman whisper in my ear, her words go to my brain but her breath and inflexion go to my heart and her suggestion can even go lower and my 1Z balance is capturing all :D

Is this 16 core solid Axios silver cable? Looking forward to see photos of it and hear how it compares with copper one.
Can you or anyone tried the gold Walkman with Ether C Flow? Wondering if it has enough power to drive them properly balanced or single ended.Thanks Jalo.

Jan 14, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #7,354 of 45,723
Here is to you Whitigir, here is my Kimber Axios AG 16 cores 4.4 to 2.5 adapter guarded by her majesty's 007, the Bond's personal carry the PPKS. Just so no one is coming to take the Axios away 
biggrin.gif

These are objects that will usually evoke strong emotional reaction. The 4.4 connector is genuine Pentaconn connector and the shell is replaced by the hand crafted precious Ebony wood giving the silver cable a stark contrast...Ebony and Ivory, live together in perfect harmony.....

Please also notice the end caps on both ends are hand made with 35 years old cured precious Ebony wood by Kimber master craftsman and both connectors are then set in place with precious resins. I don't have a macro lens to capture the beautiful sparkle on the silver cable but the dielectric is made of a new type of biocompound that does not change color.  The sound of this cable....hmm...what sound? there is no sound, just pure bliss from 4.4 out.  

Serial Number?  001.  This is Kimber's first Axios adapter custom made for yours truly. produce
The braiding, I was given a lesson on the special braiding.  Apparently, the braiding is carefully done by interlacing a negative and a positive conductor intertwine in an orthogonal angle to produce a certain organic sound

And also for you Jason Lord, eyes only.

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #7,355 of 45,723
I'm sorry but even if you believe in cables....your cable to your earphones aren't the same material so....I don't see the point. Had I not read your description, all I would have thought was...it looks like a snake. Lol

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #7,356 of 45,723
I'm sorry but even if you believe in cables....your cable to your earphones aren't the same material so....I don't see the point. Had I not read your description, all I would have thought was...it looks like a snake. Lol

Yep, its an eight inch snake without skin and meat.  Oh, the cable, the cable to the earphones, yes don't even let me start on that. But people say it is hard to reproduce the right piano sound with dap/iem, but I can even hear the Steinway signature from my 1Z setup.  I have some rare cables that Kimber is willing to allow me to trade in for one of their Axios. We will see.

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #7,357 of 45,723
Yep, its an eight inch snake without skin and meat.  Oh, the cable, the cable to the earphones, yes don't even let me start on that. But people say it is hard to reproduce the right piano sound with dap/iem, but I can even hear the Steinway signature from my 1Z setup.  I have some rare cables that Kimber is willing to allow me to trade in for one of their Axios. We will see.

Jalo - Looks great. Dare I ask how much? Sorry if you've already mentioned it. Cheers

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #7,358 of 45,723
Here is to you Whitigir, here is my Kimber Axios AG 16 cores 4.4 to 2.5 adapter guarded by her majesty's 007, the Bond's personal carry the PPKS. Just so no one is coming to take the Axios away :D

These are objects that will usually evoke strong emotional reaction. The 4.4 connector is genuine Pentaconn connector and the shell is replaced by the hand crafted precious Ebony wood giving the silver cable a stark contrast...Ebony and Ivory, live together in perfect harmony.....

Please also notice the end caps on both ends are hand made with 35 years old cured precious Ebony wood by Kimber master craftsman and both connectors are then set in place with precious resins. I don't have a macro lens to capture the beautiful sparkle on the silver cable but the dielectric is made of a new type of biocompound that does not change color.  The sound of this cable....hmm...what sound? there is no sound, just pure bliss from 4.4 out.  

Serial Number?  001.  This is Kimber's first Axios adapter custom made for yours truly. produce
The braiding, I was given a lesson on the special braiding.  Apparently, the braiding is carefully done by interlacing a negative and a positive conductor intertwine in an orthogonal angle to produce a certain organic sound

And also for you Jason Lord, eyes only.

Oh man, you ate gonna invite serious envy. Luckily you have PPK on hand lol.

Anyway, ehem, how much did you pay for 4.4 to 2.5 mm cable and where to get it?

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #7,361 of 45,723
Oh man, you ate gonna invite serious envy. Luckily you have PPK on hand lol.

Anyway, ehem, how much did you pay for 4.4 to 2.5 mm cable and where to get it?

Not to be too picky, but it's a PPK/S, so it has a longer grip but the same barrel as the PPK. Assume it's the 380 version? My dad had one. Nice piece and actually was used by various military/government groups back in the day...

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #7,362 of 45,723
Hi guys, would anyone here help make a detailed comparison between wm1a and qp1r ? Thanks in advance 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back