SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #5,401 of 45,723
If you are asking about the cables from the company (Kumitate Lab), they offer Erde (OCC pure copper), Licht or Blau (both silver plated copper).

If you are asking for other options beside these cable, there's the sony MUC-M12SB1 kimber cable and also the Brise Audio UPG001 cable as of now.
And as I stated several times, BeatAudio...available normally these days, should get mine next weekr

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #5,406 of 45,723
Anyone hear clicking sound using the balanced output when the song switches from dsd to mp3?

If it's clicking from the machine it's normal.

They put in a mechanical relay in there to protect the circuitry from the loud audio pops and cracks when the circuitry engages/disengages, so every time it triggers it makes a audible clicking noise.  

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #5,412 of 45,723
Thanks haha

A few of the Sony engineers on the WM1 team have old-man fetishes since they are from the analogue era where a lot of the stuff are mechanically operated and makes mechanical noises when you flip a switch or something. They like that throw back as well as the tactile feedback and designed it in there (absolutely no reason they can't put a silent electrical relay in there).  Same with the analogue metre that you can engage in the playback screen when they already have the multi-band visualizer.  No particular purpose except they just like it that way but one can argue it also gives the device some unique character. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #5,413 of 45,723
Does these Sony DAP have good synergy with FAD FI-BA-SS?!

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #5,414 of 45,723
Dear all, this is my first post in Head-Fi.  I bought 1Z two weeks ago from my local Sony Store.  I didn't buy the Sony Kimber balanced cable.  So, I am waiting a good balanced cable right now... Hope I could find one soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #5,415 of 45,723
Dear all, this is my first post in Head-Fi.  I bought 1Z two weeks ago from my local Sony Store.  I didn't buy the Sony Kimber balanced cable.  So, I am waiting a good balanced cable right now... Hope I could find one soon:)

If that is the case, we will see you here :D

http://www.head-fi.org/t/827575/sony-nw-wm1z-owner-and-impressions#post_13052865

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back