SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #5,386 of 45,723
Here we go again...

Its ok to leave the player on right. It has never been off since i got it haha

I've left mine on since the day I bought it and right now I'm also burning in the balanced side of it as well. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #5,387 of 45,723
It is ok to leave it on :D and keep it charging, check the battery protection too! But it would be safer if you let it rest a couple hours here and there. Part of the aging process is due to the changes in electrical components which also generate heats. These Walkman may not generate much heats, but if you keep it continuously running, these components will be set into that temperature and aged by it, then when you turned it off and started again, it may ....start to age again...until it stops.

So I do recommend to have it on for a few hours, turn it off for a few hours during the day no you can leave it on overnight. It would do better when it has the chance to rest to cooled itself and working again.

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #5,391 of 45,723
[COLOR=111111]in that case, why did they released this new version, it is not clear, you say that sonically they are almost identical?[/COLOR]

I never said that...I think you misunderstood my points, I was saying the battery life and the heat generated from the new players are the same as Zx2.

Previously I was talking about "burn-in" process, and I never had any intentions to compare Zx2 vs WM1Z...Yet. Your question was short and general, so I answered in assumption that you asked about the burn-in process which I talked about previously.

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #5,393 of 45,723
@Whitigir

How's the 1Z balanced compared to PHA-3? Interested in volume/loudness and audio quality.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #5,397 of 45,723
I've been following the thread frequently since the release. As of now, from several comments, I've figured out that the new WM-1A is more technical sounding than ZX2. Is that true? I mean, is it clearly technically superior or is it just a notch better? 

I can raplace my ZX2 with it, but then again I use streaming. So it must be much better to replace and lose the streaming capability at the same time. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #5,398 of 45,723
  Its the Erde cable from Kumitate Lab. And they do ship internationally even for cable orders.

http://www.kumitatelab.com/4.4mm5polecable/

interesting, I might get one for the vega. Is it the only 4.4mm cable available ? 

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #5,399 of 45,723
To me its a very worthy upgrade. Have compared to the zx2 and pha3

I've been following the thread frequently since the release. As of now, from several comments, I've figured out that the new WM-1A is more technical sounding than ZX2. Is that true? I mean, is it clearly technically superior or is it just a notch better? 

I can raplace my ZX2 with it, but then again I use streaming. So it must be much better to replace and lose the streaming capability at the same time. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #5,400 of 45,723
interesting, I might get one for the vega. Is it the only 4.4mm cable available ? 

If you are asking about the cables from the company (Kumitate Lab), they offer Erde (OCC pure copper), Licht or Blau (both silver plated copper).

If you are asking for other options beside these cable, there's the sony MUC-M12SB1 kimber cable and also the Brise Audio UPG001 cable as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back