SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #44,506 of 45,723
Had anyone experience with the Koss porta pros? How they sound, I've just heard yheyre pretty good for the $30-40 you can get them. A head-first wants to sell me a pair of modded porta pros but 200€ hm

They have always been known to punch well beyond their price level

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #44,508 of 45,723
Hey All!

Just ordered a NW-WM1A and want to get it case for it to protect the body but the ones I’ve seen are crazy expensive! Can someone(s) recommend one or a few case for me that reasonably priced!

Also, wanted to get some feedback in regards to putting modded firmware before or after burn-in?? I wonder if it would make a difference in how the hardware adopts if you do right away or after 150-300 hrs of listening later?

Any Thoughts???

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #44,509 of 45,723
Hey All!

Just ordered a NW-WM1A and want to get it case for it to protect the body but the ones I’ve seen are crazy expensive! Can someone(s) recommend one or a few case for me that reasonably priced!

Also, wanted to get some feedback in regards to putting modded firmware before or after burn-in?? I wonder if it would make a difference in how the hardware adopts if you do right away or after 150-300 hrs of listening later?

Any Thoughts???
I have this case
https://www.amazon.com/Benks-Flexible-Protective-NW-WM1A-NW-WM1Z/dp/B07LD7WLQ1

another option:
https://www.amazon.com/Bestfitshop-Silicone-Protective-Compatible-Walkman/dp/B075P15NYG

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #44,510 of 45,723
Hey All!

Any Thoughts???

The hardware will not burn-in differently if you use a stock or a modded firmware.

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #44,512 of 45,723
Sep 9, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #44,513 of 45,723
Astell and kern has outed the KANN ALPHA with 4.4 pentaconn 😱
I will still stick with Sony. A&K's marketing strategy is simply just aiming for money and they release far too many players than they need to imo.
Meanwhile, 1A and 1Z are still constantly being upgraded with firmwares and mods. Such enormous potential!!!

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #44,514 of 45,723
@Sonywalkmanuser DSEE hx AI doesnt remove microphone crackle in this live recording 😏
15996749753573027524187915831544.jpg

Sep 9, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #44,515 of 45,723
Hey All!

Any Thoughts???
I have this case, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RK34WQ9/ which the ultimate protection. The Benks case is nice but provides minimal protection.

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #44,517 of 45,723
Awesome! I ordered these for my NW-a45 but didn’t know they had this one for the NW-WM1A! Love shock absorbent cases!

Thanks!
For me protection outweighs beauty; quick & dirty

Hard case is similar to a Pelican Case, offering both shock and water resistance. Silicon case is dense and ribbed internally to absorb shock in the event of being dropped, without adding excessive bulk to the player, can be difficult to remove in colder conditions as is fairly stiff. Both perform as advertised :)

Q-6

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #44,518 of 45,723
Hey All!

Any Thoughts???
Hi, I bought a Miter Case (https://www.amazon.de/NW-WM1A-Leder...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=)

But I disliked that the screen and the corner are not protected... therefore I decided to go for the original Sony case via ebay for 87 EUR plus import tax of 24 EUR ... not cheap but I like it more than the miter before....

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #44,519 of 45,723
For me protection outweighs beauty; quick & dirty

Hard case is similar to a Pelican Case, offering both shock and water resistance. Silicon case is dense and ribbed internally to absorb shock in the event of being dropped, without adding excessive bulk to the player, can be difficult to remove in colder conditions as is fairly stiff. Both perform as advertised :)

Q-6

Bro, nice Protective rig 👌🏻 Where did you get the fat bear case???

Hi, I bought a Miter Case (https://www.amazon.de/NW-WM1A-Leder...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=)

But I disliked that the screen and the corner are not protected... therefore I decided to go for the original Sony case via ebay for 87 EUR plus import tax of 24 EUR ... not cheap but I like it more than the miter before....

Get the Fat bear it looks dope and it's $14 + taxes in the US see if you can find it in Amazon.de!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back