SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #44,191 of 45,723
We are taking about Apple software.

The Sony Music Ctr software as far as software goes has been abandoned by Sony. If you were attempting to use it to load your Walkmans it took hours. It does that other Sony file process of arranging songs, not needed and time consuming. The one thing that it did do is find artwork when you ripped CDs, that was cool. But it’s not supported and slow as heck. It has it’s own ideas of what it wants to do with your time. The only other cool thing it did was find and automatically update the Firmware on the Walkmans. I remember out of the blue, it was like “Sony has now introduced 2.0 for your Walkman, would you like to update your player?

Haha that was a cool feature. But actually I don’t use a PC that much, or like it for playing music?

Edit:

I guess they did update it? Never mind.

Oh man I have a different experience with the music center application on my windows 10 and find it works very good except screwing up the albums and splitting them into 3 different albums lmao cause it got confused.

I find its a good way to listen to music and fix your album arts! It does work for album arts 100%
And its fast for me no slowing down processes

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #44,192 of 45,723
I’ve been using it ever since I got a wm Walkman. Maybe not because it’s the best, but I’m used to it’s interface. I edit my albums and add/change album art easily enough, though don’t tell it to look online or you’ll be watching it’s cogs whirl slowly into action...

No, I’m glad people like it. Back when I used it, it didn’t work so great. And......I was not alone in my attitude. I hope it is better now!

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #44,193 of 45,723
Oh man I have a different experience with the music center application on my windows 10 and find it works very good except screwing up the albums and splitting them into 3 different albums lmao cause it got confused.

I find its a good way to listen to music and fix your album arts! It does work for album arts 100%
And its fast for me no slowing down processes

Cheers! Glad you like it.
That album split thing drove me nuts, I may need therapy? :)

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #44,195 of 45,723
Did try music centre but couldn’t get used to it. It felt more like it was controlling me and not me controlling it.

That’s what I’m saying. I’m happy I’m not using it.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #44,197 of 45,723
Cheers! Glad you like it.

I advise being super careful with the feature that auto updates your songs details!
I fixed all my songs manually via mp3 tag but if you select music center for auto retrieve songs details and albums art all that... it will often most likely get it wrong and will screw up the whole tagging and naming.... and to fix this can be a huge pain in the arse.

I do it manually all of it.

Sep 3, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #44,198 of 45,723
Sep 3, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #44,199 of 45,723
I advise being super careful with the feature that auto updates your songs details!
I fixed all my songs manually via mp3 tag but if you select music center for auto retrieve songs details and albums art all that... it will often most likely get it wrong and will screw up the whole tagging and naming.... and to fix this can be a huge pain in the arse.

I’m glad it works for you.

Sep 3, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #44,201 of 45,723

Mine was done manually only. All 10,154 songs are tagged with the same tags for consistency and all have 1000 x 1000 baseline Jpegs for album art. Very consistent and will stay that way thanks to doing it manually with MP3Tag.

Sep 3, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #44,202 of 45,723
Mine was done manually only. All 10,154 songs are tagged with the same tags for consistency and all have 1000 x 1000 baseline Jpegs for album art. Very consistent and will stay that way thanks to doing it manually with MP3Tag.

Yes indeed that is a huge work and time consuming process but once done your in a huge winning position no more in need of anything just enjoy the music!

Sep 3, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #44,203 of 45,723
Yes indeed that is a huge work and time consuming process but once done your in a huge winning position no more in need of anything just enjoy the music!

No joke on the time. It took a little over a month this summer, but I am set and should not need to do anything else. My CD Ripper, dbpoweramp, is set to write the same tags I have in the rest of the songs and therefore new rips are exactly the same in consistency.

Sep 3, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #44,205 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back