SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #44,207 of 45,723
Been trying to add SensMe info to songs that have existed on my SD card already, almost 6xx GB.
Is there any way to directly scan the entire library on my SD card instead of analyzing the library before importing to the SD card?
It is really laggy and problematic using Music Center even on a powerful PC with 3700X and 2070 super.......

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #44,208 of 45,723
I am testing music center V 2.3.0 Much better, faster, smoother no longer hangs when closing it. Now importing my 60K track library let's see
It crashed at 12.787 tracks
Edit restarted it... lets see. But what a piece of junk, older Media Go can load my 70k library in a single program start without any crash

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #44,209 of 45,723
Regarding Apple software - IMHO only two big vendors are writing good applications for Macs - Adobe and Quark. rest ist more or less problematic.
Adobe writes great security vulnerabilities into their apps. I gave up on them years ago.

Sep 3, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #44,211 of 45,723
Been trying to add SensMe info to songs that have existed on my SD card already, almost 6xx GB.
Is there any way to directly scan the entire library on my SD card instead of analyzing the library before importing to the SD card?
It is really laggy and problematic using Music Center even on a powerful PC with 3700X and 2070 super.......

I am not 100% sure but I think there is an option to import the music from walkman to music center without physically importing. So you do import but just readable data and it takes a minute only. Then you can do the 12tone analyzer thing...

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #44,212 of 45,723
Sony's Music Center is painfully slow and I have a feeling it calls home a lot. I tend to keep it offline and only use it for the 12 tone analysis. Music Center can import directly from the DAP, however I've never tried it. Latest version is more stable, equally it should be a far better, not take eons to simply update track metadata if edited manually. Overall Music Center worst part of the current Walkman experience...

At least when the previous versions crashed the music was left safe & intact and it does do a fair job with the 12 tone analysis, although I'd far rather Sony put more effort into it as I seen no reason why it has to be so slow for basic tagging. Playback on the PC is also ok as it offers some of Sony's proprietary algorithms DSEE HX etc. although seemingly behind the curve as well.

It's like the team's that design, create the DAP's and write the SW are from an entirely different planet to the team that deals with the desktop SW package with little if any ability to communicate...

Q-6

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #44,213 of 45,723
15991642353975658643534933758062.jpg
30K tracks is too muxh for the crap to even load (crashed again, restarted OC and nothing has happened

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #44,214 of 45,723
I am not 100% sure but I think there is an option to import the music from walkman to music center without physically importing. So you do import but just readable data and it takes a minute only. Then you can do the 12tone analyzer thing...
I don't understand how SensMe works unfortunately. Is it a tag or an information gathered by a file instead of song individually? I have tried to analyze local song file and after that I could see 12 tone was analyzed but I did not see any kind of ID3 tag be edited or added.
And I don't want Music Center mess up my library...
I just want SensMe to work properly and it had wasted my time for so long and so many times of trying different ways.

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #44,215 of 45,723
I don't understand how SensMe works unfortunately. Is it a tag or an information gathered by a file instead of song individually? I have tried to analyze local song file and after that I could see 12 tone was analyzed but I did not see any kind of ID3 tag be edited or added.
I just want SensMe to work properly and it had wasted my time for so long and so many times of trying different ways.
Also before getting rid again of music center did the sensme on one song, no flac tag indicating the tone analysis

Sep 3, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #44,216 of 45,723
Also before getting rid again of music center did the sensme on one song, no flac tag indicating the tone analysis

Senseme is a sony feature that can be accessed from the front menue on the dap, its where you see your albums folders and artists search icons...
There you should see the senseme icon and that all it does is it get scanned by sony software and predefines the songs category or style and then it simply puts it in different categories named like emotional fun adrenaline sports bla bla bla
But nothing special honestly I never use it I dont see the use of this feature.

Sep 3, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #44,217 of 45,723
Sep 3, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #44,218 of 45,723
Senseme is a sony feature that can be accessed from the front menue on the dap, its where you see your albums folders and artists search icons...
There you should see the senseme icon and that all it does is it get scanned by sony software and predefines the songs category or style and then it simply puts it in different categories named like emotional fun adrenaline sports bla bla bla
But nothing special honestly I never use it I dont see the use of this feature.

I use it myself from time to time, it's like random play, but with a specific theme. So if wanting a mix of energetic, relaxed, powerful music etc. on the fly SenseMe works pretty well and throws up some decent combinations. I guess like DSEE HX AI Sony will advance the feature, with Sony being uniquely positioned thx to it's plethora of music data.

Overall SenseMe is a fun & useful feature that helps to differentiate Sony's DAP's. Very handy if you want an impromptu party on the go and have some half decent BT portable speakers :)

Q-6

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #44,219 of 45,723
Music Center seems like it was made by Yamaha.................as everything Yamaha makes being unnecessarily complicated.

Sep 3, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #44,220 of 45,723
Music Center seems like it was made by Yamaha.................as everything Yamaha makes being unnecessarily complicated.
Hmm... I’ve found the GUI to be easy to navigate. I like the extra features it offers and it’s helped me in uploading my 1A/1Z music. It does vary on how it jells with the personalities. Hey, Mac is good for many. I’ve seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back