SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #44,176 of 45,723
Ok, the stock firmwares also received the album cover fix.

They can be found here: CLICK

From the last update log of the mods:
"All album covers should now show up fine. No more conversions of progressive JPEGs to baseline JPEGs, or of interlaced PNGs to non interlaced PNGs."

I was thinking that I should make a thread for these mods, so they can be all in all place, instead of just as a random post in this whole thread.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #44,178 of 45,723
Does anyone have an impression of the CEW or CEW2 region? I don't see them documented anywhere.

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #44,179 of 45,723
Anyone looking for software for Mac Music file playback that’s Bit-perfect and works with MrWalkmans 1A/1Z+ for playing in DAC mode with the Walkmans. Perfect and very customizable!!
90 days free money back guaranteed test period.
But there is Foobar Audio mac version for free. This is my basic player for years (on PC).

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #44,180 of 45,723
But there is Foobar Audio mac version for free. This is my basic player for years.

Or sony music center application too

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #44,182 of 45,723
But there is Foobar Audio mac version for free. This is my basic player for years.

There is, I mentioned that. That was my prior software. But it’s incomplete, and introduced as incomplete.

C0E0203F-E855-469E-915A-E7213276429A.png
8712188F-BD45-4F29-9471-7D3D7F8A097E.png

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #44,183 of 45,723
Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #44,184 of 45,723
Music Center? Are you joking? Are you serious?

1) garbage
1) PC only

I mean on pc wen not listening on walkman.

Why is it that bad?
I hear no difference from foobar to music center .
But hey I listen to 1a not pc lol

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #44,185 of 45,723
want to add
Ok, the stock firmwares also received the album cover fix.

They can be found here: CLICK

From the last update log of the mods:
"All album covers should now show up fine. No more conversions of progressive JPEGs to baseline JPEGs, or of interlaced PNGs to non interlaced PNGs."

I was thinking that I should make a thread for these mods, so they can be all in all place, instead of just as a random post in this whole thread.
Thank you again for all your superb work!

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #44,186 of 45,723
I mean on pc wen not listening on walkman.

Why is it that bad?
I hear no difference from foobar to music center .
But hey I listen to 1a not pc lol

We are taking about Apple software.

The Sony Music Ctr software as far as software goes has been abandoned by Sony. If you were attempting to use it to load your Walkmans it took hours. It does that other Sony file process of arranging songs, not needed and time consuming. The one thing that it did do is find artwork when you ripped CDs, that was cool. But it’s not supported and slow as heck. It has it’s own ideas of what it wants to do with your time. The only other cool thing it did was find and automatically update the Firmware on the Walkmans. I remember out of the blue, it was like “Sony has now introduced 2.0 for your Walkman, would you like to update your player?

Haha that was a cool feature. But actually I don’t use a PC that much, or like it for playing music?

Edit:

981F1202-4A25-4E73-A9E5-8022E6288FE2.png

I guess they did update it? Never mind.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #44,187 of 45,723

The Sony Music Ctr software as far as software goes has been abandoned by Sony. If you were attempting to use it to load your Walkmans it took hours. It does that other Sony file process of arranging songs, not needed and time consuming. The one thing that it did do is find artwork when you ripped CDs, that was cool. But it’s not supported and slow as heck. It has it’s own ideas of what it wants to do with your time. The only other cool thing it did was find and automatically update the Firmware on the Walkmans. I remember out of the blue, it was like “Sony has now introduced 2.0 for your Walkman, would you like to update your player?

Haha that was a cool feature. But actually I don’t use a PC that much, or like it for playing music?

Well, it's not really that abandoned.

1599144721609.png

Maybe it's just a little bad, at least for those who had bad experiences.

https://musiccenter.sony.net/en/

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #44,188 of 45,723

I’ve been using it ever since I got a wm Walkman. Maybe not because it’s the best, but I’m used to it’s interface. I edit my albums and add/change album art easily enough, though don’t tell it to look online or you’ll be watching it’s cogs whirl slowly into action...

Sep 3, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #44,189 of 45,723
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #44,190 of 45,723
I’ve been using it ever since I got a wm Walkman. Maybe not because it’s the best, but I’m used to it’s interface. I edit my albums and add/change album art easily enough, though don’t tell it to look online or you’ll be watching it’s cogs whirl slowly into action...
My bad - talking about the wrong one! I use Mediago.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back