SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #39,316 of 45,723
Hi, i can 't find any working download links to the model switcher tool and last sound firmware files.
I live in The Netherlands, i am not afraid sharing those files from any company because in my country a lawsuit has no change against consumers with no profit.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #39,317 of 45,723
Jun 10, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #39,319 of 45,723
I've been lurking here for a while and finally took the WM1A plunge. Now that I have it and would love to bask in glorious sound made possible by the pure ingenuity of some of the forum members. Without meaning any offense or possible inappropriateness, could somebody guide me on this path by means of PM and where I could find the fruits of their labor?

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #39,320 of 45,723
I had adv and I am not satisfied with them, bad sound isolation not easy to set in as its super extremely sticky! You need to leak your custom sleeves and enjoy the taste of your wax lmao. + I did not find it good as it altered the sound signature by a lot. So for me adv is a no no !
I have the opposite experience with ADV tips and have them for all of my Campfire IEMs.

As for sound isolation, I've found it to be good, but they will never block out all external sounds.

It took me awhile to figure out how get them inserted correctly and comfortably. Did you clean them first and then use the supplied Oto-Ease lubricant? I found for the first couple of times I need to use the lubricant to get it to insert easily. I also found I preferred to insert the tip first and then insert the IEM into the tip.

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #39,321 of 45,723
I am not sure that the stock tuning of the 1Z is "better" than the 1A really. I think that's a miss-conception that has been in this forum for a while - just my opinion as 1Z owner.

1A is more reference sound than 1Z, and 1Z is more colored (euphonic) sound.

Edit: But I understand that some people will prefer and label one signature better over the other.
I have to disagree with you on this one. I've found the 1Z to be more reference sounding than the 1A. The 1Z has a larger soundstage with better details. The 1A has a warmer sound.

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #39,322 of 45,723
I have to disagree with you on this one. I've found the 1Z to be more reference sounding than the 1A. The 1Z has a larger soundstage with better details. The 1A has a warmer sound.

That’s interresting as most who have heard both deffinately feel the 1Z is the warmer and more analog sounding of the 2 (I have never heard a 1A)

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #39,323 of 45,723
That’s interresting as most who have heard both deffinately feel the 1Z is the warmer and more analog sounding of the 2 (I have never heard a 1A)
To me analog is reference. I just think the 1A has more of a solid state sound.

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #39,324 of 45,723
To me analog is reference. I just think the 1A has more of a solid state sound.

That’s the problem when terms don’t have universally agreed defenitions as to me reference means neutral flat clinical cold digital whereas analog is warm euphonic and possibly coloured

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #39,325 of 45,723
I have the opposite experience with ADV tips and have them for all of my Campfire IEMs.

As for sound isolation, I've found it to be good, but they will never block out all external sounds.

It took me awhile to figure out how get them inserted correctly and comfortably. Did you clean them first and then use the supplied Oto-Ease lubricant? I found for the first couple of times I need to use the lubricant to get it to insert easily. I also found I preferred to insert the tip first and then insert the IEM into the tip.

No I never used their lubricant, but I had sensaphonics before which are also silicone grade and I had absolutely no issues and sound isolation was amazing. That was back when I had shure se846.... I though the adv would be better but it didnt go well for me.

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #39,326 of 45,723

I heard both at canjam, 1a is more visceral and quick in attacks. Bass slams good but not as long decay and flavorful as 1z. 1z definitely wins in bass department and treble. They like 2 same dap but with different sound presentation.
The best example I can tell you is see how the M9 sounds? well compare that to ier-z1r and there you have it, it goes the same for 1a vs 1z!
Both are supper fun and addictive but different approach....

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #39,327 of 45,723
I heard both at canjam, 1a is more visceral and quick in attacks. Bass slams good but not as long decay and flavorful as 1z. 1z definitely wins in bass department and treble. They like 2 same dap but with different sound presentation.
The best example I can tell you is see how the M9 sounds? well compare that to ier-z1r and there you have it, it goes the same for 1a vs 1z!

Best to own all 4 gears! WM1Z, WM1A, Z1R, M9. Also add ZX507 as streaming source to USB dac mode WM1.

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #39,328 of 45,723
Jun 10, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #39,329 of 45,723
Yes if you stream via Wifi on Hi-res. It will last 4-5hours only.

If you playback offline tidal it should be around 10hours.

If using stock walkman music player, high res flac/dsd is 12hour to 15hours depending on how much DSP you enabled.

Compressed audio is between 14hour to 18hour typical depending on DSP enabled.

Though it charges quickly with USB-C Power delivery. It takes about 1hour half to full.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #39,330 of 45,723
I am just on 1Z stock J 3.02 mode with my 1A, the bass is a little less faster then the 1A 3.02 firmware...
Let you all know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• SUBA
Back