SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #36,961 of 45,723
It's more to do with buying something expensive that could soon be superceded, and would have a four year old battery.

Why would it have a 4 year old battery (unless you buy second hand) ?
They are still in current production, one mentioned he bought one this year produced in September 2019.

May 3, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #36,964 of 45,723
May 3, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #36,966 of 45,723
Hard to find a new WM1A, so I thought they were being discontinued.
Friend WM1A Battery Its very good I accidentally leave it plugged for 3 month all the time(thats detrimental to the battery) my 1A has 900 hours in it thats 3 full hours every day for a year almost and the incident and its the worst runtime here it has passed the 13HS playing with effects on and an avg volume of 113 so have that in mind and it has for shure 2 or 3 years some users here reports same battery time in devices with 3000 hs on them also I got mine at 750US dollars sealed and brand new so i wont call it expensive in my case its a bargain since its the only device I use every day on pair to my phone...

May 3, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #36,967 of 45,723
Ok Im using Sony madia center and its very good but I have this problem my library its too big it should be about 1.5TB and when Import it program hangs so its a no go to import its just to big and for some reason it gets corrupted so i wont mind using it as a regular player but every time i double click a song it ask me how to import it to its database wich is super anoying!!! anyone has any solution to this? thanks in advance!

May 3, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #36,968 of 45,723
Friend WM1A Battery Its very good I accidentally leave it plugged for 3 month all the time(thats detrimental to the battery) my 1A has 900 hours in it thats 3 full hours every day for a year almost and the incident and its the worst runtime here it has passed the 13HS playing with effects on and an avg volume of 113 so have that in mind and it has for shure 2 or 3 years some users here reports same battery time in devices with 3000 hs on them also I got mine at 750US dollars sealed and brand new so i wont call it expensive in my case its a bargain since its the only device I use every day on pair to my phone...

Where did you get one for $750? International? I have never seen discounts in the USA.

May 3, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #36,969 of 45,723
Ok Im using Sony madia center and its very good but I have this problem my library its too big it should be about 1.5TB and when Import it program hangs so its a no go to import its just to big and for some reason it gets corrupted so i wont mind using it as a regular player but every time i double click a song it ask me how to import it to its database wich is super anoying!!! anyone has any solution to this? thanks in advance!

I guess you could try importing it in several parts, and not all at once.

May 3, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #36,970 of 45,723
Where did you get one for $750? International? I have never seen discounts in the USA.
It was two years ago in santiago de chile also they gift me a battery for my sony camera on that same purchase so it was an awesome deal dont really know why was so cheap every where was 1200 I guess they have very high saling objetives it was at discount indeed i dont know why so cheap maybe it was good repaying me beacuse I bought my ZX100 in NY I payed 680US at that tiem it was a lot shame on NY stores... Its the big one...

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #36,971 of 45,723
so I ended up battery test this are the results... From 90% to Please Recharge (thanks for you help)

5H 35M First Bar went home

Turn off rebuild database

8H35M Second bar Out

11H Third Bar out

13H 40M Please Recharge

Effects most all the time 2 On sometimes 3 sometimes 1
Volume 113 AVG
EQ USE heavy

Gain LOW

Question A do you guys USE it till you se the Please Recharge sign?
Question B You think its ok or very good or mediocre?

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #36,972 of 45,723
Maybe your hard drive is heavily fragmented?
or you have corrupted files? I check twice a year for corruption with Audiochecker

May 3, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #36,973 of 45,723
so I ended up battery test this are the results... From 90% to Please Recharge (thanks for you help)

Volume 113 AVG
EQ USE heavy

Gain LOW

Question A do you guys USE it till you se the Please Recharge sign?
Question B You think its ok or very good or mediocre?

i think you will have to change ears sooner than your battery , at those levels (if it is with an IEM)

how many hours have you used your sony ? if it's new , it seems kinda low ??

May 3, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #36,974 of 45,723
Have you guys got your player's battery changed at the Sony factory?
I believe it's my 4th year using my 1z and I start to notice my battery runs out a bit quicker than it used to be. (Is this normal or do you guys have similar experience?)
I wonder if I need to backup all the songs in internal storage before letting them"rebuild" my player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back