SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #33,857 of 45,723
I tried it when it was released and didnt like it. It sucked out the 1A warmth. I've rolled back to 2.0 however Sony released 3.01 soon after which reurned the warmth.
Thats why im telling you its good to revisit in the middle of all this changes! wich are awesome but 3.00 was never loved however its not warm at all so if you hate that dont go there new FW its better in that area! Its more like acurate reference sound when EQ Bass gets really intense too there.. but staging its not near as wide as with solis...

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #33,858 of 45,723
well thats interesting I have stated what I think about the SUN! It is awesome for electronic music
Also for classical. Houston, I am glad hink of upgrading my rocket boosters to J

Mar 8, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #33,859 of 45,723
Dont know I still love J3ZU sorry guys )

It has amazing treble response to make your soul cry of joy.

Blacker background and very nuanced transitions between notes.

Crisper treble to and more soundstage J+J3ZU on 1z stock + trio and pw1960 4 wires sound really ear candy

Mar 8, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #33,860 of 45,723

Crisper treble to and more soundstage J+J3ZU on 1z stock + trio and pw1960 4 wires sound really ear candy
Glad u can settle yourself in a new... hopefully endgame profile. All synergies are personal.

Mar 8, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #33,861 of 45,723
Glad u can settle yourself in a new... hopefully endgame profile. All synergies are personal.
With solis
IER-M7 stage is not wide enough, has never been, it's a 4 BA IEM
IER-Z1R incredible big stage and detail retrieval.
MDR-Z1R is IER-Z1R ++

Mar 8, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #33,862 of 45,723
With solis
IER-M7 stage is not wide enough, has never been, it's a 4 BA IEM
IER-Z1R incredible big stage and detail retrieval.
MDR-Z1R is IER-Z1R ++
Solis is an all-rounder, and it can handle different genres in different manners. How versatile

Mar 8, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #33,863 of 45,723

Stormtrooper- Vader.. we have a rebel here... he doesn't like the SUN.
Vader - let's nuke him with our secret Deathstar

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #33,864 of 45,723
Stormtrooper- Vader.. we have a rebel here... he doesn't like the SUN.
Vader - let's nuke him with our secret Deathstar

Phahaha try it )
I got secret weapons for defense to hehe
I will evade easily threw space time . So quickly , as in a blink of an eye )

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #33,865 of 45,723
Solis is an all-rounder, and it can handle different genres in different manners. How versatile

Yes I’m settled on Solis exactly because I listen to all sorts and need/want the best possible all rounder. Some of the others do specific things better but then have short commings in other areas/genres.

Would love to listen to a hw modded 1Z to compare but I have no modding skills myself and am not willing to send my 1Z to some other country so will stay with stock which is still very very good with Solis

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #33,866 of 45,723
Yes I’m settled on Solis exactly because I listen to all sorts and need/want the best possible all rounder. Some of the others do specific things better but then have short commings in other areas/genres.

Would love to listen to a hw modded 1Z to compare but I have no modding skills myself and am not willing to send my 1Z to some other country so will stay with stock which is still very very good with Solis
Solis is not only an all-rounder, but does everything better than the respective planets. Personally, I compiled Mars T5 and Jupiter T5 for own experiment, they are no match for Solis in terms of tonal balance and especially timbre smoothness.
It's even more exciting than Mars, for me personally. Though mid-bass is leaner, subbass dives deeper into the abyss when needed with swift speed and full textures, treble soars up to heaven when called for with silky smooth timber and extension...... given it's a balanced signature. Im speechless. Mars suffered a total defeat on both ends.
However I need to emphasize again these observations were based on my preference and setups.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #33,867 of 45,723

I've the same reservations to modding. For example upgrading the cable more often than not is an upgrade in some areas but is downgrade or just unpleasant change in others. I've many times rolled back to cheaper things that were just more to my taste. That is also why i'm using WM1A for 3 years now. I've heard better sources but WM1A I like the most as it combines high resolution, great technicalities with warmish and natural feeling. If I mod it to hell will I still like it? Who knows, maybe it will feel to technical or too warm. That's a gamble.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #33,868 of 45,723
u guys need some sophisticated and standardized mod like MS who experimented many times with different outcomes, rather than a wild mod on your own like Whitigir. MS has the philosophy of keeping true to the House sound rather than deviating too far from our stock device, from my experience there's nothing to lose / trade off with their mods but pure benefits.
But still u need to talk with them more about the sound u desired, better to demo first.

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #33,870 of 45,723
u guys need some sophisticated and standardized mod like MS who experimented many times with different outcomes, rather than a wild mod on your own like Whitigir. MS has the philosophy of keeping true to the House sound rather than deviating too far from our stock device, from my experience there's nothing to lose / trade off with their mods but pure benefits.
But still u need to talk with them more about the sound u desired, better to demo first.
Correction! I am wild but with logic LOL!!! Still, I can’t be too far off my own preferences as you have already known

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back