SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #30,363 of 45,723
Quick question for you guys, I'm picking up a WM1A from a fellow Headfi member tomorrow and I'm in need of suggestions on what type/brand of screen protector to get for my soon to be WM1A.

I have always stayed away from glass screen protector for my phones simply because of the potential of them shattering and their effect on the touch screen sensitivity. I have been happy with the plastic screen protectors' usability.

For the WM1A I will not be handling it nearly as much as my phone so I'm open to using a glass screen protector if I can find one that will not alter the touch screen's responsiveness.

Can you guys share your thoughts on this topic?

Can't wait to finally get my WM1A!!! :)

Thanks

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #30,364 of 45,723
Quick question for you guys, I'm picking up a WM1A from a fellow Headfi member tomorrow and I'm in need of suggestions on what type/brand of screen protector to get for my soon to be WM1A.

I have always stayed away from glass screen protector for my phones simply because of the potential of them shattering and their effect on the touch screen sensitivity. I have been happy with the plastic screen protectors' usability.

For the WM1A I will not be handling it nearly as much as my phone so I'm open to using a glass screen protector if I can find one that will not alter the touch screen's responsiveness.

Thanks

congrats!

I purchased the amazon ones. The brand is LFOTPP it comes with 2 pc, price 12.27 USD.

Regards!

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #30,366 of 45,723
I just looked up the LFOTPP glass screen protector, amazing how inexpensive glass display protectors are nowadays. Used to be at least $30 or more for just one.

I will order one pack and with Prime I will get it in time for my new toy :)

Thanks for the suggestion guys, much appreciated.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #30,367 of 45,723

Thanks
https://www.amazon.com/Tempered-Protector-LFOTPP-Scratch-resistant-Protective/dp/B079JPK1L6

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #30,369 of 45,723
Guys! I ordered "Ohno Continuous Cast" aka OCC copper in to try and they are big lead in term of sound quality. I try many standard copper wires and OFC wires and none of them impressed me as OCC. They are expensive but really worth it. I see many vendors selling them online and most of them can't be trusted. I bought some came with "certificate of authenticity" card.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #30,370 of 45,723
Guys! I ordered "Ohno Continuous Cast" aka OCC copper in to try and they are big lead in term of sound quality. I try many standard copper wires and OFC wires and none of them impressed me as OCC. They are expensive but really worth it. I see many vendors selling them online and most of them can't be trusted. I bought some came with "certificate of authenticity" card.

There is no industry certification or designation for OCC wires. If you get one, it is a certificate of authenticity of the brand, not the wire. The risk of getting true OCC wires is purely up to the reputation of the brand. No simple test you can do to confirm it's OCC.

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #30,371 of 45,723
There is no industry certification or designation for OCC wires. If you get one, it is a certificate of authenticity of the brand, not the wire. The risk of getting true OCC wires is purely up to the reputation of the brand. No simple test you can do to confirm it's OCC.
Agreed, by far the OCC comes from the brand reputations, and the experiments you have with it compare to others, and then the reputation of the dealer where you purchased from

Whitigir,still don't know witch brand you use.Is it Neotech or Mundorf ?
Thanks.

You can use whatever that suite your taste :) , just so long as it is authentic and not counterfeit

Nov 15, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #30,372 of 45,723
Thank you Sony! I love your digital audio players.

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #30,373 of 45,723

I do agree. That is why I try to get it from the known brand in the USA. They seem to get good reviews. They make custom cable from copper all the way to gold plated and they are go as high as $1500. So, decided to give it a try. Just want to share my experience with my new purchase and try not to advertised any brand.

Here is what I can tell. It weighted noticeable heavier then my older OFC wire. Same AWG and length. They are soild core btw. It's harder to bent when working on them. Passed copper and silver tester kit just fine. It seem even more pure than Japan OFC wire I bought 4 years ago.

Anyways, sound quality is the main concern. Without a doubt, almost 10% louder when doing AB comparing test at same volume level. A was like "Wait what?" Sub-bass no longer too boomy or congested. More dynamic, extension and longer bass decay. Still have warmth and lushness signature but suprisingly more airy, fullness and energy which I would never get from OFC at any different awg sizes. String instruments are snappier with just right amount of weight and longer decay. Seem like it has soul in it. Used to get a bit dark and dull on some tracks between low to lower-mid but all disappear now. Just like when speaker grills removed and get you less distortions and so on. More ambiance overall. Been getting unheard lower level details. I'm keep getting goosebumps hear something new in same old tracks. Soundstage and depth improving as well and very spacious. Harshness in upper-mid are completely gone now. High are very smooth, open and very good timing; still very anolog like. More high texture details, layering and extension and not aggressive what so ever.

I'm still burning in a cable and it keep getting a bit better every day. Especially lower level details.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back