SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #28,936 of 45,723
Afternoon, folks. I am very interested, is it possible to connect an external portable amplifier to sony NW-WM1Z? As far as I know, Sony players do not have the usual chips, they work through pulse width modulation and linear output mode as such absents.

You have to use either of the headphone outs (3.5 to a single ended amp or 4.4 to a balanced amp) as these players don’t have analog line out

Jul 29, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #28,941 of 45,723
Absolutely loving the battery life coming from my ZX2-truly night and day

Yes? Had the zx2 since release and even with the fresh battery it drained pretty fast. I've been smashing this player since I got it and it's lasted a lot longer than my zx2 ever did

How does it sound compared to the ZX2?

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #28,944 of 45,723
How does it sound compared to the ZX2?

Honestly, too soon to tell but i did try a player that was already burnt in at a local store-call it placebo maybe, but it did sound better than my current one. This one sounds a bit..."cold" at the moment, hard to explain. But i know (hope) that will change, as i do think my ZX2 did sound better after some weeks of playtime than when i initially got it.

Really...I did have it too but battery lasted 20hrs+ on for lflac / hi-res flac with occasional dsddsf

Definitely lasted an entire day

Jesus christ-i was lucky to get 8-9 hours O_O on max volume with flac (i my HRFlac library is not too big at the moment)

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #28,947 of 45,723
Depending on the music (mainly janime music) I think there zx2 delivers better but with instrumental and vocal emphasized, wm1

Overall wm1 is better but that didn't mean zx2 is bad either

Yeah-when i tested my ZX2 and the WM1A at the local sydney shop (shoutout minidisc@chatswood) the WM1A sounded better in every way to me for the music i listen to. Did a side by side test for about 2 hours and they let me import my own music from SD card to their player and i used my own IEMs.

I was also considering the ZX300 before the WM1A due to price, but tbqh, to me, it sounded quite flat.

Jul 30, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #28,950 of 45,723
Me too lol, haven’t had this 1Z too long and still getting used to it really but coming from the DX200Ti that’s sounds great but now it’s like my Andro’s are on steroids........awesomeness :smile_phones:
What...you meant u never used wm1Z out of 4.4mm ? LOL

If you love something on steroids....DMP Z1 is the WM-1Z on steroids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back