1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. silvahr
    Amazing! And no battery issues?

2. gerelmx1986
    None so far , also running it on high gain to test the IER-Z1R, on my 2nd day
    Low gain for.me battery last 3.5 days

silvahr likes this.
  3. nc8000 Contributor
    I’ve had my 1Z for about 2 1/2 years and have about 2.500 hours on it and still get about the same battery time as when new. I never turn it off and a 90% charge gives me about 20 hours playtime and a weeks stand by so I just charge it every weekend. As Sony state the battery to last 500 charge cycles I’ve used about 125 so it should last another 7 years with the same use pattern

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    silvahr likes this.
  4. gerelmx1986
    I also have had my wm1A for 2.5 years and same battery as new, even if I use it daily and recharge every three days.

Also some people have asked me if I find it still relevant after 2 years with it. In my opinion the SQ of the wm walkman is unbeatable even by current offerings (if we take out the chord M scale and the DMP-1Z

Kitechaser likes this.
  5. nc8000 Contributor
    Yes I fully expect to keep my 1Z until the battery dies

Quadfather likes this.
  6. Quadfather
    I'd just get the battery replaced at that point and get another 7 years out of it.

7. nc8000 Contributor
    I must admit that I doubt replacing it would be possible after 10 years

Quadfather likes this.
  8. Quadfather
    Sony will probably have batteries that last 200 hours by then.

9. Whitigir
    Judging from ZX2 which is 4 years old by now and still working good, I would say that battery on Sony DAPs are zombie like too. I have seen DX200 that is 3 years old and need battery replacements where as Zx2 is still lasting for days on a charge depend on usages ...lol

Quadfather likes this.
  10. nanaholic
    Sony still offers full battery replacement service for their F-800 series and A800 series Walkmans on their Japanese website which are 7 to 8 years old by now and those devices didn't even sell gangbusters (because iPod) unlike the WM1 series which are seriously loved by audiophiles. I think they would do 10 years for WM1 easily.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Quadfather and Steen Pihl like this.
  11. Quasimodosbelfry
    Quadfather likes this.
  12. Quadfather
    It definitely makes the Sony look like something out of Star Wars. I love the leather cases, but this one does look awesome.

Quasimodosbelfry likes this.
  13. Whitigir
    It is taking forever to “burn-In” !! Anyone thinking the same ?
    i need something like that for DMP LOL

14. Stephen George
    Nice find, FYI, Amazon has it same day prime, got mine ordered

Quadfather likes this.
  15. Quadfather
    Let me know how it is in person.