1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. OppoGuy
    Hello

I have just ordered this player with a Samsung 256GB microSD card.

I don't have time to read all 1700 pages in this thread.

Is the internal and microSD memory "seamless"?

i.e. is the library handled automatically between locations, or do I need to navigate internal and microSD memory separately?

Thanks

2. duaned
    Interesting. I haven't had a single crash or fault on V3.00.

3. 480126
    Congrats! You must navigate witch storage you want (in german: Systemspeicher or SD-Karte)!

4. OppoGuy
    Ah, OK. So no way of using both internal and microSD for the library?

5. 480126
    No! internal or Micro SD. I have all classical Music on internal and the other - Jazz, Blues, Pop usw. - on SD! Or you select in ABC (for exampel internal A-H and I-Z SD!

6. nc8000 Contributor
    Neither yet, it’s only some (at least to me) unknown manufacturers as of yet

7. nc8000 Contributor
    The library category views (genre, artist and so on) span both storage locations seamlessly, it is only Folder view and playlists that destinguishes between the 2

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Steen Pihl and proedros like this.
  8. Jalo
  9. kingdixon
    I was exploring amazon just now, and i saw a kingston 512gb micro sd priced at 165$ (thats a good price i think)

well kingston is not sandisk or samsung, but i think still it is a nice brand, i might pull the trigger on one but i guess i will wait for black friday and see how the rest of the prices will go.

10. Dizzle77
    Ye i’m tempted to pull tge trigger on Sandisk 400gb. Amazon reduced it to £83 overnight

11. kingdixon
    The only missing feature for me is a search bar,

other than that i find Sony UI to be the best of any dap i have tried ( i didn't try any AK )

but no library limitations that i know of, i am using internal memory 128gb + micro sd 400gb, library around 25000 songs, the UI is fluid and fast, no features are missing for me and very easy to operate.

as for your question, when you navigate by library (All Songs, Artists, Genres etc..) both internal and external are included seamlessly, and shuffle works on both. only when you navigate by file explorer as folders you will find internal memory and sdcard.

12. OppoGuy
    Thanks. That is what I was hoping for.

13. nc8000 Contributor
    Haven’t seen the Kingston yet. Just searched Amazon UK and the 512 Samsung is out at £210, that’s new since I last searched

proedros likes this.
  14. Jalo
    Too bad US Amazon does not have it yet.

15. proedros
    indeed , thanx for the heads up

still the 400gb card is down to £83, lowest i have seen

to me the 400gb is the best bang for buck atm , if there was something like a 800Gb well then yes i would consider it - but to pay an extra 130 pounds for just 100GB more....nope.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    captblaze likes this.