1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. ryaneagon
    Same here.

2. bitonio
    Cool, thanks for confirming. We just need a nice manufactor to get us a proper MFI Certified (if it applies here) Lightning to WM-Port :)

3. captblaze
    is this short enough? after this mornings experiment I decided to look through some cables I had lying around and I found this little gem from Forza Audioworks. Not even sure if they make this anymore

20181113_004913213_iOS.jpg

Aslshark, alphanumerix1 and kubig123 like this.
  4. ryaneagon
    What cables are needed to use an iPhone? I have a WMC-NW10 cable I assume I can't use that with a Apple lightning to USB cable correct?

5. bitonio
    Really cool! That is I think about short enough.
    You customized it right? The closest I can find on their website is https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=97

6. captblaze
    Apple Lightning CCK connected to a short USB micro cable and then the Sony Walkman USB micro adapter.

it all works, now that I have been reminded to turn the USB DAC on that is. if you check up a post or two I have unearthed a short apple mfi certified lightning to USB micro adapter that really shortens things up

7. captblaze
    that is the one, but the picture shows it with the Pyre hybrid cable. mine is the OCC cable

8. ryaneagon
    So the sony usb micro adapter (WNP-NWM10) had to be used with an iDevice? not the lightning CCK and the stock Sony USB cable? I use that with my Macbook so I know that works.

9. captblaze
    it works that way also

20181113_021206647_iOS.jpg

10. ddmt
  11. buzzlulu
    Yes - the last few posts are starting to confuse me as well.
    I am currently (successfully) using the supplied Sony USB cable which came with my 1Z and simply plugging it into the Apple CCK cable which then goes into my iPhone.

The WMC-NWH10 cable listed above - what is the point? It simply looks like a shorter version of the supplied cable which came with the 1Z

12. gerelmx1986
    WMC - NWH10 is used to digital out from. The wm1 Walkman to an external DAC, so it acts as a transport

captblaze likes this.
  13. Quadfather
    It is new music Tuesday for me on the NW-WM1A...

1113180848_HDR.jpg

14. buzzlulu
    Got it
    So the cable supplied with the 1Z will bring a digital signal from an iPhone INTO the Walkman

15. captblaze
    allow me to straighten up any confusion from yesterday's demo. My purpose was to show (after a question was posed) if there was a single cable alternative to setting up the WM-1A USB DAC with an iPhone as the transport. Unfortunately I forgot to engage the USB DAC function so my first post was a fail. after being made aware of the mistake I went on to correct it and subsequently I posted more configurations.

image #1 shows all the cables I used throughout
    image #2 shows the first config (albeit a fail until the DAC function was enabled)
    image #3 shows the config using the included charge cable
    image #4 shows how short I can take it with one cable and one adapter

sorry for the confusion and I hope that clears things up
    also... WMC - NWH10 is a totally different kind of cable than what I was using in the demo

20181113_160557279_iOS.jpg 20181113_160647700_iOS.jpg 20181113_160709575_iOS.jpg 20181113_160731913_iOS.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018