SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #24,691 of 45,723
I'd like to share with you guys some photos of WM1Z and Final Sonorous X for a good weekend :) Cables used are: Final silver coated OFC upgrade cable and 20-core pure silver Lavricable (unique, there's no way to normally do 20 cores for Sonorous, had to order special plugs straight from Final). WM1Z looks really nice with golden S-X. Enjoy!

Zdjęcie 10.06.2018, 13 07 14.jpg Zdjęcie 10.06.2018, 13 06 39.jpg Zdjęcie 12.10.2018, 16 56 33.jpg Zdjęcie 10.06.2018, 13 07 34.jpg

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #24,695 of 45,723
I consider myself quite a basshead and with my 1Z/Z5 combo I dont notice any lack of warmth or bass compared to 2.0.

3.0 is a leap forward. Never expected this level of improvement especially when we consider WM1 has been in the market for 2 years now. 3.1 should be around the corner as I also experienced one forced reboot in about 12hours of use during DSD playback(no SD card). On restart my library rebuilds in under 30seconds though.

Redcarmoose greatly summed up 3.0 in a nutshell a few posts back. Choice of eartips for best fit/IEM/cable is crucial however as it is all about synergies in this game!
1Z owners are loving 3.0 I hate it lol

Oct 13, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #24,697 of 45,723
today I had a glass half full moment regarding Sony's new firmware and being able to rollback. I own many devices that are dependent on firmware to function properly. most are set to prevent rollback once applied. this means try at your own peril for there is no rollback.

Sony on the other hand has chosen to allow rollback on firmware as long as you are willing to forgo any added features or improvements. That to me is a bonus because I am one of those that just has to try and at least Sony hasn't decided to punish those like me for wanting to try.

That is my glass half full moment for today... Thank you Sony

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #24,698 of 45,723
today I had a half glass full moment regarding Sony's new firmware and being able to rollback. I own many devices that are dependent on firmware to function properly. most are set to prevent rollback once applied. this means try at your own peril for there is no rollback.

Sony on the other hand has chosen to allow rollback on firmware as long as you are willing to forgo any added features or improvements. That to me is a bonus because I am one of those that just has to try and at least Sony hasn't decided to punish those like me for wanting to try.

That is my glass half full moment for today... Thank you Sony
I agree apple sucks in that sense i stopped buying their products after they decide to impose customers what is better for them... will keep it that way... I think sony should go further and let us decide what stage/ bass do we really need im happy on 1.2 atm when i get tired of it i will get to 2.0 if they may allow me to preserve its stage on 2.0 i will be even happier and if i could preserve some of 2.0 bass in 3.0 i will be happier! not everyone has sony iems or really expensive iems.. i gues sony bet is that are forced to go balanced wich is a good thing but expensive..

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #24,699 of 45,723
wm1a on 2.0 hits my sweet post with Zeus XR , after 1700 hours i am still in love with this DAP

i guess 3.0 will be perfect with a more veiled/rolled off iem , so just play with FWs and keep the one you like best - this is definitely a synergy/personal taste thing

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #24,703 of 45,723
I consider myself quite a basshead and with my 1Z/Z5 combo I dont notice any lack of warmth or bass compared to 2.0.

3.0 is a leap forward. Never expected this level of improvement especially when we consider WM1 has been in the market for 2 years now. 3.1 should be around the corner as I also experienced one forced reboot in about 12hours of use during DSD playback(no SD card). On restart my library rebuilds in under 30seconds though.

Redcarmoose greatly summed up 3.0 in a nutshell a few posts back. Choice of eartips for best fit/IEM/cable is crucial however as it is all about synergies in this game!

The 3.0 update does not lack bass at all with EQ settings turned on. I do notice difference with linear PCM and vinyl processor, it takes time to perfect the Custome EQ settings. They do need an update to 3.1 as the creating database everytime it’s turned on drains the battery playback, it should only be done once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back