1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. Piotr Michalak
    I'd like to share with you guys some photos of WM1Z and Final Sonorous X for a good weekend :) Cables used are: Final silver coated OFC upgrade cable and 20-core pure silver Lavricable (unique, there's no way to normally do 20 cores for Sonorous, had to order special plugs straight from Final). WM1Z looks really nice with golden S-X. Enjoy!

Zdjęcie 10.06.2018, 13 07 14.jpg Zdjęcie 10.06.2018, 13 06 39.jpg Zdjęcie 12.10.2018, 16 56 33.jpg Zdjęcie 10.06.2018, 13 07 34.jpg

Lime Ears Stay updated on Lime Ears at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/limeears https://www.instagram.com/limeears http://limeears.com/ info@limeears.com
  2. Whitigir
    Holy cow! I almost blinded by it bling

3. Frida309
    20181013_151147.jpg 20181013_151200.jpg my new valentinum case!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  4. Midnstorms
    It is very slightly diference not a very pronounced effect it depends on your iem capacity also as others has stated try Type A Low and strings vs the rest i really notice that combo and Arm resonances changes the bass a lot

5. Midnstorms
    1Z owners are loving 3.0 I hate it lol

roses77 likes this.
  6. Darksoul
    Campfire Vega, Shure SE-535 and occasionally DT-1990.Still no difference.

7. captblaze
    today I had a glass half full moment regarding Sony's new firmware and being able to rollback. I own many devices that are dependent on firmware to function properly. most are set to prevent rollback once applied. this means try at your own peril for there is no rollback.

Sony on the other hand has chosen to allow rollback on firmware as long as you are willing to forgo any added features or improvements. That to me is a bonus because I am one of those that just has to try and at least Sony hasn't decided to punish those like me for wanting to try.

That is my glass half full moment for today... Thank you Sony

8. Midnstorms
    I agree apple sucks in that sense i stopped buying their products after they decide to impose customers what is better for them... will keep it that way... I think sony should go further and let us decide what stage/ bass do we really need im happy on 1.2 atm when i get tired of it i will get to 2.0 if they may allow me to preserve its stage on 2.0 i will be even happier and if i could preserve some of 2.0 bass in 3.0 i will be happier! not everyone has sony iems or really expensive iems.. i gues sony bet is that are forced to go balanced wich is a good thing but expensive..

9. proedros
    wm1a on 2.0 hits my sweet post with Zeus XR , after 1700 hours i am still in love with this DAP

i guess 3.0 will be perfect with a more veiled/rolled off iem , so just play with FWs and keep the one you like best - this is definitely a synergy/personal taste thing

tgrosu and Midnstorms like this.
  10. quodjo105
    Anybody willing to help me with the 2.0 firmware update files ?. Please you can just forward to me via pm . Cheers

11. Tawek
    Now 3.0 with 1z +ex1000 +4.4 = perfection, even Se it's wordenful very colse to balanced :)

flyer1 likes this.
  12. NaiveSound
  13. roses77
    The 3.0 update does not lack bass at all with EQ settings turned on. I do notice difference with linear PCM and vinyl processor, it takes time to perfect the Custome EQ settings. They do need an update to 3.1 as the creating database everytime it’s turned on drains the battery playback, it should only be done once.

14. roses77
    Change your linear PCM and vinyl settings you’ll notice on one them has bass slam, suited to pop music.

15. Hanafuda
    Jeez Louise ... 3.0 sounds great.

NaiveSound likes this.