SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #24,496 of 45,723
Oct 8, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #24,497 of 45,723
You're just not trying hard enough lol

You might have to install FW from another region to remove the cap.

There is only one fw for all regions

Oct 8, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #24,498 of 45,723
Hey guys.. Something interesting happened. I downgraded back from 3.0 to 1.2. Bluetooth functionally is still there. I haven't had time to play with it, but as of now I can't find the WM1A on my s9+. And don't worry, the cracked glass is just my screen protector.

That’s to pair with bt headphones or speakers, that has always been there

Oct 8, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #24,500 of 45,723
mmm it since that is perfect for 1Z i wonder if 1A owners are so happy too.. for me its a case of I dont know if I was better or not i miss some of the bass but stage its improved i also feel now Type A low + strings sound more desync... making it a little better

I used some of the settings you suggested the vocals are more forward, not so far away. So none of the bass iits just a much more tighter faster bass, similar to Astell&kern Daps. It has more surround sound stage. It has improved for the genre Rock Music which uses guitars. Overall I like the 3.0 using the vinyl surface noise makes vocals sound more lush with EQ on. To me it sounds warm with customised EQ. I have the WM1Z. Using direct source looses a lot of bass, it sounds thin.

The only problem I have in dac mode it sounds terrible with JRiver media center as it has jumping & clipping in songs. I tried direct source no difference it does the same thing.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #24,501 of 45,723
Weird. My comments about DSEE on 3.0 is not right. When I tried it, an old EQ setting was also applied. I thought I had reset the EQ a while ago, but just saw that it was still there.

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #24,505 of 45,723
What format are the msd cards where the device is crashing?

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #24,508 of 45,723
could it be that ppl experiencing crashes recieved their walkman on 1.2 or had installed 1.2?
I went from 1.2 to 3.0. But I unmounted the sd card (and didn't eject it) and had lots of space on my internal storage.

However DAC isn't working on my MacBook Pro. So far all my other DACs had worked fine on this MacBook pro. I'll have to try it on a windows computer.

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #24,509 of 45,723
However DAC isn't working on my MacBook Pro. So far all my other DACs had worked fine on this MacBook pro. I'll have to try it on a windows computer.

DAC is not working on my MacBook Pro too. I received email from my local Sony Support team asking me to uninstall and reinstall the firmware 3.0. Will try again, hope it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back