SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #21,421 of 45,723
If the meter shows 2/3 charge, and you turn off the screen, it shouldn't be fully discharged after 7 hours time. And not to the point that it powers off. Only additional thoughts I can throw in are:
-It is improperly discharging if you are getting the low battery message after the 7 hours. That sounds like a bad battery to me. If you are basing the discharge on the little battery meter, your meter might be miscalibrated.
-On the issue of the unit turning off, you might go to settings and make sure it is not on the shutoff timer, which will turn it off after a chosen period of inactivity.

Thank you!
Regarding your last point I will check, I don't remember seeing this option in the menu. However, even if it would trigger this option, it still should have some juice, which was not the case...

Jul 5, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #21,422 of 45,723
Thank you!
Regarding your last point I will check, I don't remember seeing this option in the menu. However, even if it would trigger this option, it still should have some juice, which was not the case...
In settings go to Device Settings, and select Auto Power off. Hate to say it, but it sounds like a defective battery. Having no wi-fi on these, I would have to guess you could turn on every single available function and at 2/3 power not have it totally discharge in a 7 hour period, particularly with it being inactive over that time. Unless you are getting 12 or more hours of use before you reach the 2/3 meter reading, at which point I would again guess meter calibration.

Jul 5, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #21,423 of 45,723
In settings go to Device Settings, and select Auto Power off. Hate to say it, but it sounds like a defective battery. Having no wi-fi on these, I would have to guess you could turn on every single available function and at 2/3 power not have it totally discharge in a 7 hour period, particularly with it being inactive over that time. Unless you are getting 12 or more hours of use before you reach the 2/3 meter reading, at which point I would again guess meter calibration.

Thank you!

Actually, I did use it for at least 8-9 hours before showing that it still has 2/3 of battery. If it's a calibration issue, do you have any idea what can be done. Sorry for jumping with my feet literally on the forum with my questions

Jul 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #21,424 of 45,723
How about this phenomenon?

I fully charge the WM1A, I listen to it until the battery shows around 2/3 of the battery still charged, I turn off the screen (not powering off the device!) and in 7 hours time, when I get back home, it is fully discharged and powered off...

Do I need to power it off completely each time I know I won't be using it for several hours? Or is it a power management problem of some sort?

Did you experience it?

How about these three things:

1) You are pressing pause when you have finished listening to the music aren't you?
2) Bluetooth on?
3) NFC on?

Jul 5, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #21,425 of 45,723
Thank you!

Actually, I did use it for at least 8-9 hours before showing that it still has 2/3 of battery. If it's a calibration issue, do you have any idea what can be done. Sorry for jumping with my feet literally on the forum with my questions
I honestly only know what I've read, which is to fully charge it, and then play it until it completely drains. Not advisable on a regularly basis, but I've heard that will help recalibrate.

Jul 5, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #21,427 of 45,723
I honestly only know what I've read, which is to fully charge it, and then play it until it completely drains. Not advisable on a regularly basis, but I've heard that will help recalibrate.

OK, I will keep monitoring to see what is going on, if it continues to give me the same symptom, I'll try your advice. Thank you indeed!

Jul 5, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #21,428 of 45,723
bad battery , it's not logical to discharge in 7 hours of sleep mode

ask for a new wm1a/new battery

cheers

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #21,429 of 45,723
These Vivaldi "Dolby surround" CDs, i never had a dolby decoder, so they are plain stereo FLAC for me, Hell, they sound amazing from my WM1A balanced out, sounds i never heard before in th depths, they may have some sort of channel mapping or so but hell they sound just like notes come from every where 1530843203517187905066.jpg

Jul 6, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #21,430 of 45,723
These Vivaldi "Dolby surround" CDs, i never had a dolby decoder, so they are plain stereo FLAC for me, Hell, they sound amazing from my WM1A balanced out, sounds i never heard before in th depths, they may have some sort of channel mapping or so but hell they sound just like notes come from every where

Hello gerelmex1986! greetings from Paraguay, Viva Mexico cabrones! i'm currently saving for a wm1a to match with my Z7 and Z1R, can you please describe the difference between single ended Z7 and balanced Z7, does it need an amp? Gracias

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #21,431 of 45,723
Hello gerelmex1986! greetings from Paraguay, Viva Mexico cabrones! i'm currently saving for a wm1a to match with my Z7 and Z1R, can you please describe the difference between single ended Z7 and balanced Z7, does it need an amp? Gracias

No amp needed for balanced not SE, they shine best with balanced, the stage and instrument separation, micro-detailing is superb, love my MDR-Z7. With these vivaldi Discs, i heard sounds i never heard before, sounds that came from the depths of the recording, who knows where it was recorded seems like a church or cathedral, but yes, sounds that came from far awar wow

Jul 6, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #21,432 of 45,723
Guys,

Regar
bad battery , it's not logical to discharge in 7 hours of sleep mode

ask for a new wm1a/new battery

cheers

Guys,

I have put the DAP to a test.

I almost fully charged it yesterday and I put it on the playing sequence (no special audio settings = direct).

It took 20 hours to deplete the battery. This time, I have also followed the sequence of messages given by the battery counter and I would say it was quite accurate (no fast, unexplainable depletion).

Given that, I admit that I am a little bit confused as to what is going on...

Jul 6, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #21,433 of 45,723
Guys,

Regar

Guys,

I have put the DAP to a test.

I almost fully charged it yesterday and I put it on the playing sequence (no special audio settings = direct).

It took 20 hours to deplete the battery. This time, I have also followed the sequence of messages given by the battery counter and I would say it was quite accurate (no fast, unexplainable depletion).

Given that, I admit that I am a little bit confused as to what is going on...
Kind of baffling! Sounds like the battery is good. All I can think to do next is to run it to 2/3, then power it down until you use it next and see where the meter is when you turn back on. And I don't know what that will tell you exactly other than that the battery is holding a charge when not in use. I have mine set to power off after one hour of inactivity, and don't seem to see any degradation issues.

Jul 6, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #21,435 of 45,723
No amp needed for balanced not SE, they shine best with balanced, the stage and instrument separation, micro-detailing is superb, love my MDR-Z7. With these vivaldi Discs, i heard sounds i never heard before, sounds that came from the depths of the recording, who knows where it was recorded seems like a church or cathedral, but yes, sounds that came from far awar wow

Thanks Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back