1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
  1. tgrosu
    Thank you!
    Regarding your last point I will check, I don't remember seeing this option in the menu. However, even if it would trigger this option, it still should have some juice, which was not the case...

2. fiascogarcia
    In settings go to Device Settings, and select Auto Power off. Hate to say it, but it sounds like a defective battery. Having no wi-fi on these, I would have to guess you could turn on every single available function and at 2/3 power not have it totally discharge in a 7 hour period, particularly with it being inactive over that time. Unless you are getting 12 or more hours of use before you reach the 2/3 meter reading, at which point I would again guess meter calibration.

3. tgrosu
    Thank you!

Actually, I did use it for at least 8-9 hours before showing that it still has 2/3 of battery. If it's a calibration issue, do you have any idea what can be done. Sorry for jumping with my feet literally on the forum with my questions

4. mw7485
    How about these three things:

1) You are pressing pause when you have finished listening to the music aren't you?
    2) Bluetooth on?
    3) NFC on?

5. fiascogarcia
    I honestly only know what I've read, which is to fully charge it, and then play it until it completely drains. Not advisable on a regularly basis, but I've heard that will help recalibrate.

6. tgrosu
    Pause - yes
    BT - no
    NFC - no

Thanks for giving it a thought

7. tgrosu
    OK, I will keep monitoring to see what is going on, if it continues to give me the same symptom, I'll try your advice. Thank you indeed!

8. proedros
    bad battery , it's not logical to discharge in 7 hours of sleep mode

ask for a new wm1a/new battery

cheers

9. gerelmx1986
    These Vivaldi "Dolby surround" CDs, i never had a dolby decoder, so they are plain stereo FLAC for me, Hell, they sound amazing from my WM1A balanced out, sounds i never heard before in th depths, they may have some sort of channel mapping or so but hell they sound just like notes come from every where 1530843203517187905066.jpg

Quadfather and Aslshark like this.
  10. akãjerovia
    Hello gerelmex1986! greetings from Paraguay, Viva Mexico cabrones! i'm currently saving for a wm1a to match with my Z7 and Z1R, can you please describe the difference between single ended Z7 and balanced Z7, does it need an amp? Gracias

11. gerelmx1986
    No amp needed for balanced not SE, they shine best with balanced, the stage and instrument separation, micro-detailing is superb, love my MDR-Z7. With these vivaldi Discs, i heard sounds i never heard before, sounds that came from the depths of the recording, who knows where it was recorded seems like a church or cathedral, but yes, sounds that came from far awar wow

Aslshark and akãjerovia like this.
  12. tgrosu
    Guys,

Regar
    Guys,

I have put the DAP to a test.

I almost fully charged it yesterday and I put it on the playing sequence (no special audio settings = direct).

It took 20 hours to deplete the battery. This time, I have also followed the sequence of messages given by the battery counter and I would say it was quite accurate (no fast, unexplainable depletion).

Given that, I admit that I am a little bit confused as to what is going on...

13. fiascogarcia
    Kind of baffling! Sounds like the battery is good. All I can think to do next is to run it to 2/3, then power it down until you use it next and see where the meter is when you turn back on. And I don't know what that will tell you exactly other than that the battery is holding a charge when not in use. I have mine set to power off after one hour of inactivity, and don't seem to see any degradation issues.

14. tgrosu
    I will experiment along the lines you are suggesting. Thank you for the heads up!

15. akãjerovia
    Thanks Man!