SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #21,436 of 45,723
How good, effective or safe is this:

20180706_121333.jpg

Jul 6, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #21,437 of 45,723
Jul 6, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #21,440 of 45,723
I thought so..... where did u find that dual adapter? I´m asking assuming that you got it in Mexico....
The dual adapter was made by @Whitigir and the other cable is one of the sony MUC series cables

Jul 6, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #21,441 of 45,723
I thought so..... where did u find that dual adapter? I´m asking assuming that you got it in Mexico....
I got this for my XBA-Z5s http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-muc-m12nb1-balanced-standard-1-2m-headphone-cable-black.html

but there are these too
http://www.accessoryjack.com/acoustune-arc03-pentaconn-4-4mm-mmcx-balanced-re-cables-black.html
http://www.accessoryjack.com/acoustune-arc13-pentaconn-4-4mm-mmcx-balanced-re-cables-black.html

Accessory jack ship to mexico with normal mail (npt recommended as they stink) and FEDEX 10-day

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #21,443 of 45,723
Guys,

Regar

Guys,

I have put the DAP to a test.

I almost fully charged it yesterday and I put it on the playing sequence (no special audio settings = direct).

It took 20 hours to deplete the battery. This time, I have also followed the sequence of messages given by the battery counter and I would say it was quite accurate (no fast, unexplainable depletion).

Given that, I admit that I am a little bit confused as to what is going on...

What do you mean by, i almost fully charged it :D

Either you did or did not, charge it till it says FULL,
It takes around 4 hours for me i guess.

But as long as the battery is not full, i think the experiment is not complete .. also that with battery care on or off ? And what kind of library, hi res only or mp3 , mixed ?

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #21,444 of 45,723
Dear kingdixon,
Almost full means around 3.5 hours of charge. It didn't say full, so I guess just a little bit and I would have been there.

Battery care: off.

No mp3, just flacs and dsd.

But you're right, I should run the experiment appropriately.

Thanks!

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #21,445 of 45,723
Dear kingdixon,
Almost full means around 3.5 hours of charge. It didn't say full, so I guess just a little bit and I would have been there.

Battery care: off.

No mp3, just flacs and dsd.

But you're right, I should run the experiment appropriately.

Thanks!

Well buddy,

Only dsd and flac, your getting 20 hours with a missing half hour charge, i am pretty sure the battery is fine, according to sony estimations dsd only deplete battery in around 15 hours and flac only around 28 hours, so if your playing both with a 30 min missing battery charge, in average i think it is fine.

Jul 7, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #21,447 of 45,723
To those who've run the rockbox destination tool on your WM1(A/Z) to change it to English, what destination code is best? I just opened my Japanese WM1A tonight, it's charging now. I want to make sure playlists and remote control are available. I know this is an issue with the zx300 b/c it doesn't have these features on all models so "E" is the preferred destination instead of "U." Same with the WM1? Or is "U" ok?

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #21,448 of 45,723
To those who've run the rockbox destination tool on your WM1(A/Z) to change it to English, what destination code is best? I just opened my Japanese WM1A tonight, it's charging now. I want to make sure playlists and remote control are available. I know this is an issue with the zx300 b/c it doesn't have these features on all models so "E" is the preferred destination instead of "U." Same with the WM1? Or is "U" ok?

I changed my WM1A from "U" to "E" in order to gain remote control function.

I thought the JDM version has no English menu?

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #21,450 of 45,723
When will Sony release the next wm1z/a. Or you know... Their successor

Sony might cook up something for 2019, the 40th anniversary of the Walkman.

However if history repeats itself, usually Sony would go all out during the high noon phase of a product cycle, then they will never top it again as it moves toward the sunset phase. The technology will keep moving but in terms of product grade level it probably has already reached plateau, unless some technological leap happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back