SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #19,006 of 45,723
Couple of questions on the NW-WM1Z / 1A:

1) Has anyone tried a 512gb Integral card in either 1Z or 1A https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-microSDXC-Memory-Smartphones-Tablets/dp/B0798DW5NW/ref=sr_1_2 ? Any joy if so?

2) Can anyone recommend a good pairing of IEMs and On-Ear headphones with the 1A (and maybe the 1Z although I imagine they'd be the same. Different budgets will be possible, I have Ultrasone Pro 750, 1More Triple and some Soundmagic's E10 which always surprise me on quality considering the price. However, if I was to buy either of these Sonys I would love some new headphones to match the quality of those. Will probably keep the Ultrasone's as I don't really use over ear headphones so often.

Thanks
I drive my A1 with Focal Elear. I think it´s great. Will Change elear to clear soon!

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #19,007 of 45,723
I drive my A1 with Focal Elear. I think it´s great. Will Change elear to clear soon!

DYLmbjsU8AE0H6N.jpg

Well I can say the Clear sounds great out of the 1Z - very punchy and dynamic pair of headphones.

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #19,013 of 45,723
Wow, so far hearing a big difference with no burn in. Separation, details... Can hear the singers breath (inhale) before singing, fingers on strings... So stoked I got my balanced cables!! Can't wait until I have 200+ hours on balanced. Making my iem's sing!

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #19,014 of 45,723
Gosh Microsoft groove streaming is dead . I could say i give a :poop: as i have my Local lossless library. But yeah an eerie reminder that your spotify collection can one day go pooff:scream::scream_cat:. Glad i still have local FLAC & DSD files and i don't care about investing in storage space, tiding my collection, better than seeing it going the dodo forever.

For me streaming never seemed quite right:
a) I feel spotify or any other music streamer: the music doesn't belong to me, therefore i can't take control over what happens to it.
b)The company or an artist decided to go away: like above no control on whats going on their minds, suddenly you lose everything.

with a local library i feel the music belongs to me, i can do what i want with the tunes, cellphone doesnt support DSD? no prob, i convert those to mp3 or AAC, sony dap does support DSD no prob, i just copy as is

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #19,020 of 45,723
Why not use flac level 8?

In principle no reason. It is within the core levels that should be supported most places. 5 is just normally the default so one has to do something to use level 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back