SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #15,991 of 45,723
Hi guys, maybe someone could help. I'm trying to elevate the infamous volume cap from my WM1Z. I've just upgraded to 2.0... and only then tried uncapping. I have Mac OSX. Seems that the scsitool is only for Windows. I have a Parrallels virtual machine with Win7. Tried running the app. Here's what I get:
wm1z.png

Where'd I get the "U:"? When connecting WM1Z using parrallels, it asks whether to connect to mac or to windows. I choose windows. Still, there is nothing under "my computer". I had to enter Parallels utilities and click on WM1Z to make it appear under My Computer under letter "U:". So theoretically, it should work... I think...
Please someone help. Maybe there is a way to run the linux file on macosx...? OR maybe it's the 2.0 update that is the problem.

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #15,993 of 45,723
here few pictures, I can assure it's really tight fit.

Really beautiful, I'm totally convinced, hopefully they'll have stock next month.

Mine has 2620 hours

Woah, how long have you had it. And is it true what they say about having 500+ hours in that it sounds even better?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #15,995 of 45,723
Today I just experienced something totally bizarre, and now I kinda know why one of my microSD was bricked. LeXa 128Gb was bricked.

So what did I do ? I had this microSD inside my Android Player Dx200, the LeXa before I had it in the HTC10 smartphone. Uncounted from within Android and was prompted that it was safe to eject. I did just that, took it out, and pushed it into Wm1Z.

The next thing happened, my Memory card Music folder was wiped clean on my Sony Audiophile 64Gb. I thought it would be bricked, but i could still write files on it *sigh* such a relieve. On my LeXa 128Gb before, it kept hanging in creating database.....the next thing I know, it was not readable by any Android Devices, or Walkman, but only Readable by Computer Windows 10. It was unwrite-able and or formatable....totally bricked, but somehow I could still copy files from it if I used windows 10.

I don’t know anything about programming, and the behavior leaves me speechless....

I had the same with my sony super expensive 64Gb memeory card. it can be read, but not do anything else, the only way to revise the card, but not 100% is use a old nokia symbian S40 phone to reformat it, it has done this with many dead micro before, even those that a android, windows phone and PC can't see.

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #15,996 of 45,723
That case is so awesome. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is my 1A comes in today. Need to make sure it's a keeper before investing that much money in a case.

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #15,997 of 45,723
The next thing he would want is to have a clear TPU case over the dignis to protect the leather :wink:
bubble wrap, best protection ever, and total water proof, and it even floats if dropped into a water.:yum:

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #15,999 of 45,723
Bubble wrap is always the best. It makes me smile everytime lol
If you have nothing to do, you can always start popping away.

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #16,001 of 45,723
Really beautiful, I'm totally convinced, hopefully they'll have stock next month.
It s mmounds great after 550 hours o have had it since January 4. He waited for me one month in my house. With no use

I ordered it on November 1st 2016, it didn't arrive before December 1st, flew to Germany for vacations. It arrived when boarding the to-be canceled flight to Berlin. So

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #16,002 of 45,723
Hour 10 since I started listening to WM1A. The 1A sounds awesome so far. It's a pretty impressive-sounding DAP with a long-a** battery. Really like it. The sound doesn't dissapoint compared to the OPUS#2. It has a big, tight, and quick bass that's 9.5/10 in my score. A bit warm, but overall balanced in tone. Not as clear, transparent, and sparkly as OPUS#2, but the details are pretty apparent on the 1A. It has a very good resolution, and low/high extension. Soundstage is pretty big, yet intimate, and immersive. I haven't try the balanced out, due to the adapter still being delivered. Excited to hear the sound later. :) The power is good enough for me, listening with the Dream, normal gain, 80 volume.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #16,004 of 45,723
Hour 10 since I started listening to WM1A. The 1A sounds awesome so far. It's a pretty impressive-sounding DAP with a long-a** battery. Really like it. The sound doesn't dissapoint compared to the OPUS#2. It has a big, tight, and quick bass that's 9.5/10 in my score. A bit warm, but overall balanced in tone. Not as clear, transparent, and sparkly as OPUS#2, but the details are pretty apparent on the 1A. It has a very good resolution, and low/high extension. Soundstage is pretty big, yet intimate, and immersive. I haven't try the balanced out, due to the adapter still being delivered. Excited to hear the sound later. :) The power is good enough for me, listening with the Dream, normal gain, 80 volume.

Yesh, another satisfied customer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back