SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #15,977 of 45,723
Nov 9, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #15,981 of 45,723
Today I just experienced something totally bizarre, and now I kinda know why one of my microSD was bricked. LeXa 128Gb was bricked.

So what did I do ? I had this microSD inside my Android Player Dx200, the LeXa before I had it in the HTC10 smartphone. Uncounted from within Android and was prompted that it was safe to eject. I did just that, took it out, and pushed it into Wm1Z.

The next thing happened, my Memory card Music folder was wiped clean on my Sony Audiophile 64Gb. I thought it would be bricked, but i could still write files on it *sigh* such a relieve. On my LeXa 128Gb before, it kept hanging in creating database.....the next thing I know, it was not readable by any Android Devices, or Walkman, but only Readable by Computer Windows 10. It was unwrite-able and or formatable....totally bricked, but somehow I could still copy files from it if I used windows 10.

I don’t know anything about programming, and the behavior leaves me speechless....

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #15,983 of 45,723
Balanced is indeed better than the se on the wm1a but only marginally

Burn the balanced. It's not a slight improvement over single.

Today I just experienced something totally bizarre, and now I kinda know why one of my microSD was bricked. LeXa 128Gb was bricked.

So what did I do ? I had this microSD inside my Android Player Dx200, the LeXa before I had it in the HTC10 smartphone. Uncounted from within Android and was prompted that it was safe to eject. I did just that, took it out, and pushed it into Wm1Z.

The next thing happened, my Memory card Music folder was wiped clean on my Sony Audiophile 64Gb. I thought it would be bricked, but i could still write files on it *sigh* such a relieve. On my LeXa 128Gb before, it kept hanging in creating database.....the next thing I know, it was not readable by any Android Devices, or Walkman, but only Readable by Computer Windows 10. It was unwrite-able and or formatable....totally bricked, but somehow I could still copy files from it if I used windows 10.

I don’t know anything about programming, and the behavior leaves me speechless....

I think you can erase the card via partitioning tool (partition wizard) and re partition it. It might fix your card as it works on a deeper level than windows basic formatting system.

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #15,984 of 45,723

Strange. Try to copy files to back up and reformat memory card this way - insert into Android device, connect to computer and start formating from computer - if it will be seen by computer.

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #15,985 of 45,723
Burn the balanced. It's not a slight improvement over single.

I think you can erase the card via partitioning tool (partition wizard) and re partition it. It might fix your card as it works on a deeper level than windows basic formatting system.

I tried it and it didn’t work. It always prompts that it is protected
Strange. Try to copy files to back up and reformat memory card this way - insert into Android device, connect to computer and start formating from computer - if it will be seen by computer.

I did copy the files out of it and stored into a memory usb stick instead :D

Now I am trying to get my library into this Sony microSD card again. It was Bizarre, and bothersome

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #15,986 of 45,723
I tried it and it didn’t work. It always prompts that it is protected

I did copy the files out of it and stored into a memory usb stick instead :D

Now I am trying to get my library into this Sony microSD card again. It was Bizarre, and bothersome

If partition wizard fails, thats one helluva brick :frowning2:

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #15,987 of 45,723

So what did I do ? I had this microSD inside my Android Player Dx200, the LeXa before I had it in the HTC10 smartphone. Uncounted from within Android and was prompted that it was safe to eject
Really looks awesome, can you take pictures of every angle with the walkman in the case?

here few pictures, I can assure it's really tight fit.

IMG_4037.jpg
IMG_4038.jpg
IMG_4039.jpg
IMG_4042.jpg
IMG_4043.jpg
IMG_4045.jpg
IMG_4046.jpg

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #15,988 of 45,723
Does the balance output on the 1A has the same power as the 1Z (230 my)?

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #15,989 of 45,723
Does the balance output on the 1A has the same power as the 1Z (230 my)?

Yes, both balanced circuitry is the same on 1A to 1Z. The differences is the use of FT capacitors in the Digital block on the 1Z where in the 1A is using OSCoN. FT Capacitors has the highest ripple current and lowest ESR for it kind at the present moment. So the better the quality of the components, the better the performances can be achieved theoretically. Especially when the 1Z also uses Fine Sound Resistors in this Balanced Circuit more than 1A which uses MELF instead. There is nothing wrong with MELF, infact MELF is known and held in high regard for audio performances, but F-resistor is another tier above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back