SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Dec 14, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #13,516 of 15,611
I don't know if Sony has ever updated the daps with Android to a next generation, and I don't think they do so because of the errors they may cause, which is why the Sony daps are very stable.
O, i just updated A306 from Android 12 to 13 today. Pretty cool GUI. Somehow I dun like Android 12, seems memory hogging and the sd card prompt keep coming back after every restart. Monitoring Android 13 for some time if things get better.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #13,517 of 15,611
O, i just updated A306 from Android 12 to 13 today. Pretty cool GUI. Somehow I dun like Android 12, seems memory hogging and the sd card prompt keep coming back after every restart. Monitoring Android 13 for some time if things get better.
Ok that's good, so if you received the update today, and since the A306 and ZX707 came out together, the 707 must have also updated today, let me see if my WM1AM2 has any notification.

Dec 14, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #13,518 of 15,611
Ok that's good, so if you received the update today, and since the A306 and ZX707 came out together, the 707 must have also updated today, let me see if my WM1AM2 has any notification.
I have checked their website, only A306 and ZX707. M2 is still on version 1 firmware, maybe they are still working on it. I dun see why they dun update it, it will boost the sales, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 14, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #13,519 of 15,611
I have checked their website, only A306 and ZX707. M2 is still on version 1 firmware, maybe they are still working on it. I dun see why they dun update it, it will boost the sales, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Ok, can you give me the web address to read the community, and if I don't miss any updates.

Dec 14, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #13,520 of 15,611
I dun have any community web address. Think I use Sony Music Cerne PC app for adding songs, it automatically prompts for update if any when I plug in Sony DAP to the PC.

Though im not sure to recommend using Sony Music centre app, because sometimes there are glitches where the link to the songs might break and problem playing or copying.

Another way is checking the Sony website in the support page, their new firmware will be posted there too.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #13,521 of 15,611
I dun have any community web address. Think I use Sony Music Cerne PC app for adding songs, it automatically prompts for update if any when I plug in Sony DAP to the PC.

Though im not sure to recommend using Sony Music centre app, because sometimes there are glitches where the link to the songs might break and problem playing or copying.

Another way is checking the Sony website in the support page, their new firmware will be posted there too.

This is as good as any for updates:

https://thewalkmanblog.blogspot.com/

Dec 14, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #13,522 of 15,611
Dec 15, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #13,523 of 15,611
Joining the fun. Was very impressed with the new Z2 after some good listening sessions at e-earphone.

New Z2 definitely does seem to inherit some of the DMPness. Sounds faster compared to the original 1Z and has a bit of that sweet imaging from the DMP

IMG_7078 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #13,524 of 15,611
Joining the fun. Was very impressed with the new Z2 after some good listening sessions at e-earphone.

New Z2 definitely does seem to inherit some of the DMPness. Sounds faster compared to the original 1Z and has a bit of that sweet imaging from the DMP

IMG_7078 2.jpeg
Such refinement. 🙂

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #13,525 of 15,611
I am hoping for an OS update

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #13,526 of 15,611
don't hold your breath! this thing is slow enough as it is. funny thing is I visited the Sony flagship store in Tokyo when I was there a couple of months ago, and I picked up the AM2 demo unit (already owned one), and it was SO SNAPPY and responsive. they must do something different to the demo units to make them faster to get people to buy them.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #13,527 of 15,611
I am quite intrigued by the new Samsung Pro Ultimate. It is touted to have a more power saving and high performance host controller. Not really that expensive but finding one can be challenging as its very new.

I am quite intrigued by the new Samsung Pro Ultimate. It is touted to have a more power saving and high performance host controller. Not really that expensive but finding one can be challenging as its very new.

Mate, Swissbit is not available at my country.. Can you suggest the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best microsd?

I have sandisk extreme pro, was testing it with Vivo v9(UAPP)+Cayin RU6 and it sounds grainy. Just bought Shanling M1s as transport and will retest the extreme pro, since the RU6's OS mode sounds good with M1s as opposite with Vivo v9...

Dec 18, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #13,528 of 15,611
Mate, Swissbit is not available at my country.. Can you suggest the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best microsd?

I have sandisk extreme pro, was testing it with Vivo v9(UAPP)+Cayin RU6 and it sounds grainy. Just bought Shanling M1s as transport and will retest the extreme pro, since the RU6's OS mode sounds good with M1s as opposite with Vivo v9...
it is likely the Vivo v9 is much more electrically noisy when used as audio transport. Maybe you should think of supplying power to the RU6 via a USB-C hub(with USB-PD power input) and using a powerbank as usb-c power input to the hub, this will allow for longer battery for your transport(charging it instead) and also providing a more dedicated power source. Do note that the power bank power output quality(not high wattage but lower electrical ripple)do matter. Try to find a higher quality powerbank or/and higher quality usb-c wall charger.

I see you are from Indonesia, Mouser Indonesia seems to have Swissbit for sale:
https://www.mouser.co.id/ProductDetail/Swissbit/SFSD256GN1AM1MT-I-7G-211-STD?qs=sPbYRqrBIVmLv5sLjAf58Q==

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #13,529 of 15,611
it is likely the Vivo v9 is much more electrically noisy when used as audio transport. Maybe you should think of supplying power to the RU6 via a USB-C hub(with USB-PD power input) and using a powerbank as usb-c power input to the hub, this will allow for longer battery for your transport(charging it instead) and also providing a more dedicated power source. Do note that the power bank power output quality(not high wattage but lower electrical ripple)do matter. Try to find a higher quality powerbank or/and higher quality usb-c wall charger.

I see you are from Indonesia, Mouser Indonesia seems to have Swissbit for sale:
https://www.mouser.co.id/ProductDetail/Swissbit/SFSD256GN1AM1MT-I-7G-211-STD?qs=sPbYRqrBIVmLv5sLjAf58Q==

I was looking for powered usb hub too to improve my desktop setup. For my cayin RU6 setup mainly for my jogging session. Just tested sandisk extreme pro 64GB with my M1s, still grainy. Maybe 64gb sandisk extreme pro has lower quality than 1tb sandisk extreme pro? Even my old 8gb Sony microsd and Vivo v9 internal storage sounds better. Also strange that songs I downloaded from telegram (apple music) sounds better than my flac files using M1s

Dec 19, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #13,530 of 15,611
don't hold your breath! this thing is slow enough as it is. funny thing is I visited the Sony flagship store in Tokyo when I was there a couple of months ago, and I picked up the AM2 demo unit (already owned one), and it was SO SNAPPY and responsive. they must do something different to the demo units to make them faster to get people to buy them.
Probably because it is clean, meaning that it stays as dedicated audio player.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back