SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Dec 3, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #13,472 of 15,576
She would have happily lived forever. And she would have been stinking rich. šŸ˜‰
Ahhh, but she would never have tried the magic mushroom, never met the Mad Hatter, or the Jabbewock, and so many other interesting things.
Rich? Maybe, and maybe not. And may have spent the rest of her life working long hours, in a factory making hats.

Dec 3, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #13,473 of 15,576
I am quite intrigued by the new Samsung Pro Ultimate. It is touted to have a more power saving and high performance host controller. Not really that expensive but finding one can be challenging as its very new.
Yes, that was the one I was thinking of ordering as per your previous interest. Not to badly priced on Amazon currently

Dec 4, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #13,476 of 15,576
has anyone done an endurance test on wm1am2 ? I need to know whether it can get 40 hours like advertised or not, a shop is selling a second hand, 8 hours on high gain with 40% volume on unbalanced from 100% and the only 40% left of the batteries, is it normal ?

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #13,477 of 15,576
has anyone done an endurance test on wm1am2 ? I need to know whether it can get 40 hours like advertised or not, a shop is selling a second hand, 8 hours on high gain with 40% volume on unbalanced from 100% and the only 40% left of the batteries, is it normal ?
Wi-Fi and DSP off? And was it Hi-res files or DSD? Was the screen off all the time?
Local CD quality music with screen Off all the time and without DSP gives above 20hrs.

Dec 4, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #13,479 of 15,576
Wi-Fi and DSP off? And was it Hi-res files or DSD? Was the screen off all the time?
Local CD quality music with screen Off all the time and without DSP gives above 20hrs.
Yes, wifi off, Bluetooth off and screen off with hi res flac, direct sound was on
Sounds like DSD remastering was turned on. If it was, then this is normal
Ok so the battery life is no longer normal, a bit disappointing considering the unit life is just a year. Thank you for.the insight.

Dec 5, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #13,480 of 15,576
Hey folks!!

Somehow Iā€™ve managed to dig myself into a hole and decide to buy the WM1am2 šŸ˜‚šŸ˜… Iā€™ve had the Mr Walkman modded A55 for a few years. I wanted to upgrade to take advantage of the 4.4m port because I have my NW1am2, and I also hope to get back into the hobby of hi res music listening.

Was this a waste? I hope not. Hah. I got it through amazon with same-day shipping, so itā€™ll allegedly be coming in about 12 hours!

Dec 5, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #13,481 of 15,576
Hey folks!!

Somehow Iā€™ve managed to dig myself into a hole and decide to buy the WM1am2 šŸ˜‚šŸ˜… Iā€™ve had the Mr Walkman modded A55 for a few years. I wanted to upgrade to take advantage of the 4.4m port because I have my NW1am2, and I also hope to get back into the hobby of hi res music listening.

Was this a waste? I hope not. Hah. I got it through amazon with same-day shipping, so itā€™ll allegedly be coming in about 12 hours!
I know the feelingā€¦ sitting on my 505 so tempted to upgrade!

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #13,483 of 15,576
I know the feelingā€¦ sitting on my 505 so tempted to upgrade!
I had an ZX500 Series and even though it is awesome, even the old WM1 was already a very big upgrade and the new WM1 M2 is a much bigger upgrade.

I'd be highly surprised if you would be disappointed. It is absolutely worth the upgrade.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #13,485 of 15,576
I only recently acquired wm1am2 it's burning in, I have been listening to it every now and then between burn in, have been using zx507 up till now. Even out of the box I can tell the wm1am2 is technically better, bigger sound stage, more neutral, the vocals sound so damn real, imaging off the charts, it's somehow both more detailed but smoother sounding.

However the zx507 while not technically as good in any area, it does have merit in that vocals are slightly more forward, bass and treble both stronger, so it has a more bombastic sound, which is not as accurate, but more 'fun', pretty excellent for listening to on the go really, the wm1am2 seems like you need to sit down and relax in a quiet environment to appreciate fully. But the wm1am2 is still burning in so it can only get better, and it's already ahead!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back