SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Dec 1, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #13,456 of 15,703
I’m sorry if this has been discussed before but can anyone tell me how to disable google voice on NW-WM1ZM2. When using the Sony music app, If I try and search I can only speak. It will not give me a keyboard option.. Also, any other recommendations for a new Sony user? Settings, music player app’s, whatever.. Appreciate any help in advance.

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #13,458 of 15,703
Dec 2, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #13,459 of 15,703
Dec 2, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #13,460 of 15,703
Has anyone heard improvements or drawbacks through the various firmware for wm1am2? I have a zx507 and zx1 before that, I usually notice a difference in sound between firmware with them. I would always stop updating when I really liked a firmware or saw posts about the latest firmware negatively affecting the sound >.<
I finally got around to ordering a wm1am2, I wonder what firmware it will come with :D
When I updated to FW 1.07 (? the latest one) it essentially stopped me using it as a transport to my DAC/Amp!!!

When I try to use any other applications (Onkyo etc, the supposed solution to this issue, rather than using the Sony app), it just crashes every time.

Does anyone know if it is possible to roll back the FW? If so, please let me know 👍

Dec 2, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #13,461 of 15,703
When I updated to FW 1.07 (? the latest one) it essentially stopped me using it as a transport to my DAC/Amp!!!

When I try to use any other applications (Onkyo etc, the supposed solution to this issue, rather than using the Sony app), it just crashes every time.

Does anyone know if it is possible to roll back the FW? If so, please let me know 👍
I will try a factory reset if that happen, i remembered the developer options freezing during one of the updates, forgot it was my A306 or ZM2, but it solves the issue.

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #13,463 of 15,703

I used the Sony to connect to my chord Hugo and I don't have any issues .

I used it with tidal no problems. When I plug the USB cable I t asked if I want to allow tidal to used the Hugo I just click anywhere else but the message and it works.

If I click on the yes tidal won't pass the music to chord hugo.
I'm on 107 version also

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #13,464 of 15,703
I used the Sony to connect to my chord Hugo and I don't have any issues .

I used it with tidal no problems. When I plug the USB cable I t asked if I want to allow tidal to used the Hugo I just click anywhere else but the message and it works.

If I click on the yes tidal won't pass the music to chord hugo.
I'm on 107 version also
Oh thanks, I'll try that first :thumbsup:

Dec 2, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #13,467 of 15,703
I have only compared the Swissbit to the 1zm2 Internal storage. But thats a good question, I will order one of the decent brand consumer grade micro sd card and report back :)
I am quite intrigued by the new Samsung Pro Ultimate. It is touted to have a more power saving and high performance host controller. Not really that expensive but finding one can be challenging as its very new.

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #13,468 of 15,703
I have only compared the Swissbit to the 1zm2 Internal storage. But thats a good question, I will order one of the decent brand consumer grade micro sd card and report back :)
If I may suggest, try SanDisk Extreme Pro please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back