SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Nov 28, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #13,441 of 15,589
Does the Sennheiser IE 600 or the Sony IER M7 harmonize better with the AM 2??? Which one would you recommend to me?
I have the M7 and the AM2 and they go great together, but the M7 is an all-rounder IEM that does everything “just right” but nothing stands out. If I were to describe its sound in one word it would be “boring”. Nothing is overdone nor completely absent either, it’s just there.

Great if you just want to listen to music, not analyze it.

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #13,443 of 15,589
IMG_8503.jpeg

My great escape. I do think the electrostats best present the Sony house sound.

Nov 29, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #13,447 of 15,589
IMG_8431.jpeg
By the way if anyone is looking to run the shure electrostats out the 4.4mm, this is the correct layout you should specify for the interconnect. It’s far more dynamic than out the 3.5mm.

Looks like you're shorting some pins of the balanced connection, I'm not sure that's ok.

Nov 30, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #13,449 of 15,589
I have the M7 and the AM2 and they go great together, but the M7 is an all-rounder IEM that does everything “just right” but nothing stands out. If I were to describe its sound in one word it would be “boring”. Nothing is overdone nor completely absent either, it’s just there.

Great if you just want to listen to music, not analyze it.
This is a perfect description of the Sony IER-M7, I purchased one for a very good price and only kept it for a short time although it was not a bad IEM it just lacked the oomp I was looking, I ended up upgrading to the ZR1’s and I’m very pleased with them.

Nov 30, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #13,450 of 15,589
I bought the WM 1 AM 2 in Kuala Lumpur today. Sony Center Mid Valley Megamall has a good price at Christmas. Only 957 euros. I had to grab it. Unfortunately I won't be in Kuala Lumpur until January 8th to pick him up. This could be the longest 5 weeks of my life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!!! But here in Vietnam it is 230 euros more expensive, which I would rather invest in the M 9. :beerchug:

Nov 30, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #13,451 of 15,589
To save you some trouble, factory reset won't help at all.
It could be a software related issue because the flickering in some apps are worse than the others.
I'm happy to report flickering disappeared since last firmware update. It was a software issue for sure.

Nov 30, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #13,452 of 15,589
Just tried the Swissbit S-55u with my fully burnt in 1Zm2 & M9’s. Didn't have any expectations that I would be able to hear a difference between the Swissbit and Internal. Suffice to say, Im impressed by the meaningful improvement and am now a believer in Industrial SD cards for sound quality. Thanks to everyone who has fought the good fight 🫡🤣

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #13,454 of 15,589
Has anyone heard improvements or drawbacks through the various firmware for wm1am2? I have a zx507 and zx1 before that, I usually notice a difference in sound between firmware with them. I would always stop updating when I really liked a firmware or saw posts about the latest firmware negatively affecting the sound >.<
I finally got around to ordering a wm1am2, I wonder what firmware it will come with :D

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #13,455 of 15,589
Has anyone heard improvements or drawbacks through the various firmware for wm1am2? I have a zx507 and zx1 before that, I usually notice a difference in sound between firmware with them. I would always stop updating when I really liked a firmware or saw posts about the latest firmware negatively affecting the sound >.<
I finally got around to ordering a wm1am2, I wonder what firmware it will come with :D
Don't be afraid. All this talk about assumed changes regarding sound quality between different F/W versions is pure hearsay. Buy it, try it, return it in case you don't like it. It's so simple 😉
Don't think those very special experiences of a different kind are close to hard facts, in a sense existing outside a human's brain 😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• domi
Back