SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jun 7, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #11,476 of 15,705
I have more than that for sure.

How do you the update?Every time I add new music or download something from tidal, even the artwork I added on the chip I touch the gold W. and touch the circular arrow across from where it says library. I says do you want to update data base that is it. When I updated my artwork it took a few minutes but all the missing art showed up, I do not know if this is necessary but I do know that I added music once but could not find it until I updated.
i also make sure i do not duplicate any files on the device

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #11,478 of 15,705
Shanling M6Ultra owner. Looking at the WM1AM2 as a possible replacement for use with Fir XE6. Any thoughts whether this could be considered an upgrade in terms of performance, sound and UI? Use case is exclusively for Tidal streaming both online and offline, and for use 'on the go' and so it needs to be portable and comfortable even with a case.

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #11,480 of 15,705
Shanling M6Ultra owner. Looking at the WM1AM2 as a possible replacement for use with Fir XE6. Any thoughts whether this could be considered an upgrade in terms of performance, sound and UI? Use case is exclusively for Tidal streaming both online and offline, and for use 'on the go' and so it needs to be portable and comfortable even with a case.
if you like 1am2 sound, nothing else matter.

Pro (vs shanling dap)- Wifi work 100% perfectly for all modem/router (unlike shanling), run very very cool.

Con - slower cpu, not sharp display, big & heavy, way more expensive, outdated model, low power output, no line out, not really a open andriod system, can't do bit perfect for streaming,

YA, cons > pro, but i still like 1am2 best than all the other dap i had. It's just run very stable no funny issue, especially streaming music.

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #11,481 of 15,705
If portability is a priority then consider the Sony ZX707 instead of the 1AM2.

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #11,484 of 15,705
I have an WM1AM2 and LCD-Xs. I think they're an excellent combo; It's my favourite DAP for the LCD-Xs.
The Sony has plenty of power for the LCDs (even the capped EU version was pretty OK), and the in-built system-wide EQ really helps. I usually add a couple of dB at 4kHz and sometimes a bit of bass and treble boost.
The EQ and other DSP features are system-wide and work with streaming apps - unlike many other DAPs, where the EQ is baked into the built-in media player app and only applies to local files.
I don't have any issues with software stability or speed, although it isn't as fast as a modern smartphone.
Is it an EQ or a PEK?

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #11,485 of 15,705
Did someone compared the WM1A M2 with the Fiio M15s??
Thanks

I own both. Saw your posts in the M15S thread. I don't use Wavelet or PowerAmp in my DAPs and also don't have an HeKSE.

2 different beasts IMO. If I want a more dynamic, emotional, intimate listening - I"ll reach for the 1AM2. Love listening with the 1AM2 specially at night, winding down, lights off with a good view outside my window - that type of mood.

I'll reach for the M15S if I "feel" I want more power, faster UI, I fancy a volume knob :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #11,486 of 15,705
I bit the bullet and bought a NW-WM1Z M2. I listened to it for a bit and was impressed with the punch relative to my ZX300. The powerful amp is quite noticeable and pleasant.
However, in the short time I played with it, I did not like the Android experience despite the fact that I am an avid Android user with phones. Maybe I'm just old school. I initiated a return. I was really hoping for a player that would allow me to stream from Qobuz. I guess I will leave that to my home setup with BlueOS.

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #11,488 of 15,705
For people who are using uapp, I have a question.

When I'm playing a track and try to skip ahead in or back in it it doesn't resume playing from wherever I nice the others bar to I have to pause and then unpause for it to start playing

Any way to fix that?

Jun 8, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #11,490 of 15,705
I bit the bullet and bought a NW-WM1Z M2. I listened to it for a bit and was impressed with the punch relative to my ZX300. The powerful amp is quite noticeable and pleasant.
However, in the short time I played with it, I did not like the Android experience despite the fact that I am an avid Android user with phones. Maybe I'm just old school. I initiated a return. I was really hoping for a player that would allow me to stream from Qobuz. I guess I will leave that to my home setup with BlueOS.
There's a guide for debloating it , after debloating it becomes efficient and responsive like any other daps or so , can run almost any common app but is not blazing fast and open like an android phone and i wouldn't use it 'to run apps'..so depending on what kind of gadget and use you are in the market for might not be up to your alley ( It is not much about the thrills of Android OS user experience, it is about the music and listening ..no glitches at all too when listening, compared to other daps where occasionally sound may stutter / reset may be needed etc, it is as linearly stable as it gets.. )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back