SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Aug 5, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #5,596 of 15,724
Aug 5, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #5,597 of 15,724
I’m also using a DDHiFi 2.5 to 4.4 adapter with my 1ZM2 without any issue.
Mine came with a Rhapsodio cable.
It's weird then.. that's two BNIB adapters in a row I had trouble with...
Sorry to be a bother andricop/psikey would yours be the gold or the rhodium model?

Aug 5, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #5,598 of 15,724
It's weird then.. that's two BNIB adapters in a row I had trouble with...
Sorry to be a bother andricop/psikey would yours be the gold or the rhodium model?

Not got it on me but fairly sure its the silver (original) one I have

1659709390271.png

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #5,601 of 15,724
You can navigate the website using google or firefox translation and I setup a Tenso account for forwarding to the UK. I am happy to help out if you'd like.
I think it would certainly help to have a mini guide in here for EU/UK members seeing as Amazon Japan themselves may not now be shipping outside Japan (resellers still are but they only pop-up occasionally).

Especially as you got yours trouble free and still way cheaper even with the duties you paid on arrival.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #5,602 of 15,724
I think it would certainly help to have a mini guide in here for EU/UK members seeing as Amazon Japan themselves may not now be shipping outside Japan (resellers still are but they only pop-up occasionally).

Especially as you got yours trouble free and still way cheaper even with the duties you paid on arrival.

Ok, yeah happy to do that, quite busy at the moment, but will post something comprehensive in next few days

Aug 6, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #5,604 of 15,724
Finally joined this family, my WM1AM2 ordered from Sony Store JP (through a proxy service) in mid-June finally arrived today. I choose to buy from Japan mainly because Sony Store JP offers engraving (just like those apple products) for 1100 Yen and the low Yen rate these months...

Just listened to a few songs with my IEMs and I am satisfied even though the unit is not burned in enough. Also tried to pair up with my Focal Elear, less impressive but not disappointing. Hope it will get better after burn in.

Hi folks, I have two things that need help:

1. I need a good silicon case (must be clear ones, otherwise engraving is meaningless), any suggestion on Amazon US/UK/JP?
2. In the past I mainly listen to my iPhone, so all my CD are ripped in ALAC. Do you think I should stick to ALAC? Or I should re-rip in FLAC or other format instead? If so which software for recommendation?

Thanks in advance.
IMG_4234.JPG

Aug 6, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #5,605 of 15,724
2. In the past I mainly listen to my iPhone, so all my CD are ripped in ALAC. Do you think I should stick to ALAC? Or I should re-rip in FLAC or other format instead? If so which software for recommendation
Congrats for your new DAP and welcome to the family!

ALAC and FLAC are both lossless formats, it’s just the container that changes.
So no need to re-rip, you won’t hear the difference.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #5,606 of 15,724
Finally joined this family, my WM1AM2 ordered from Sony Store JP (through a proxy service) in mid-June finally arrived today. I choose to buy from Japan mainly because Sony Store JP offers engraving (just like those apple products) for 1100 Yen and the low Yen rate these months...

Just listened to a few songs with my IEMs and I am satisfied even though the unit is not burned in enough. Also tried to pair up with my Focal Elear, less impressive but not disappointing. Hope it will get better after burn in.

Hi folks, I have two things that need help:

1. I need a good silicon case (must be clear ones, otherwise engraving is meaningless), any suggestion on Amazon US/UK/JP?
2. In the past I mainly listen to my iPhone, so all my CD are ripped in ALAC. Do you think I should stick to ALAC? Or I should re-rip in FLAC or other format instead? If so which software for recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

I've just got the smoke clear version as pictures above in thread. This is clear version

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/aw/d/B09X9LQM3T?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

Aug 6, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #5,607 of 15,724
My Eurotrash unit is heading back to Amazon on Monday as I've got a Japanese model on the way from e-earphone via fromjapan. Good riddance.

music transferred not problem with Mac and android transfer.
Oh why does it hate me so. Any more than an album at a time and it throws up an error of some sort. Had to plug the SD card in for the bulk.

Now that the UK has Brexit (!!), will Sony sell the non capped version in UK?
I would buy one without hesitation if so.
That's Jacob Rees-Mogg logic. As if Sony are going to pack and distribute a different unit just for the UK.

Aug 6, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #5,608 of 15,724
After 3 days of use, I'm really satisfied with the sound, a great upgrade vs my Cowon PM2.
My complaint so far are for Walkman app, I had some crashes, some files couldn't be read, after a forced stop of the app they were ok.
Moreover, It could not read embedded lyrics, no .iso sacd, no .cue, no 5.1 downmix, all things that my Cowon did flawlessly.

Aug 6, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #5,609 of 15,724
My Eurotrash unit is heading back to Amazon on Monday as I've got a Japanese model on the way from e-earphone via fromjapan. Good riddance.

Oh why does it hate me so. Any more than an album at a time and it throws up an error of some sort. Had to plug the SD card in for the bulk.

That's Jacob Rees-Mogg logic. As if Sony are going to pack and distribute a different unit just for the UK.
Sony just sell in Uk the model that they sell in other than EU market is the logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back