SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Aug 1, 2022 at 2:33 AM Post #5,523 of 15,683
I think my wife figured it out when she picked up the WM1ZM2 and bounced it in her tiny palm remarking on the weight... The look of sheer panic 😱 on my face must have been a dead giveaway 😅

*She's extremely clumsy and destroys the screen protector on her iPhone weekly...*

Aug 1, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #5,528 of 15,683
wondering about npaudio wm1a vs 1am2, anyone tried to contact npaudio about a modded wm1am2?
I would suggest you get your hands on both a modded version and unmodded at the same time to have a listen first. A lot of impressions are from owners who received their modded sets weeks later, with very subjective "reviews" based off memory.

It's a good chunk of money, not to mention insurance and possibly import tax. And voided warranties that don't matter for m1 but wouldn't be very smart to do on the m2...

I had wanted to mod my 3Max at one point, did my research and decided otherwise in the end.

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #5,529 of 15,683
Maybe you are that rich it doesn't matter 😄
My hobbies make others rich I know that, but hey I enjoy them so there’s that.

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #5,530 of 15,683
So of the real leather cases, Dignis or Mitre or both good ? (any others). (Mitre seems half price of Dignis)

I've order the clear/smoke TPU one and glass screen protector for now.

EDIT

Now I've found loads of photos. the Mitre looks well cheap/tacky compared to the Digins!
I tried all three and don't exactly like all of them but I'm using official. Both Dignis and Mitre has the top part bare and I don't like it while official one doesn't nudge out or on borderline

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #5,531 of 15,683
I tried all three and don't exactly like all of them but I'm using official. Both Dignis and Mitre has the top part bare and I don't like it while official one doesn't nudge out or on borderline
Dignis is covered on top and won't slide out. Official has been known to scratch the Dap so be careful.

Aug 2, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #5,532 of 15,683
Dignis is covered on top and won't slide out. Official has been known to scratch the Dap so be careful.
How does the official one scratch the player? I will have a look at mine tonight, it seemed to be lined with a soft material and was very snugg to get in. My OCD doesnt like scratches.

Aug 2, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #5,533 of 15,683
How does the official one scratch the player? I will have a look at mine tonight, it seemed to be lined with a soft material and was very snugg to get in. My OCD doesnt like scratches.
Read in the old mk1 threads if I recall correctly... I noticed the WM1Z on sale all look scuffed for some reason too. Anyway not going to try... didn't like the look and feel of the included official cover anyway.

Aug 2, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #5,534 of 15,683
Yes, you have to be very careful when you put the WM1Z into its official case. You can do it without causing scratches, but you have to take your time and carefully put it in their.

That is why i rarely, if ever, used it. My Pockets all have very soft inlays so i just put it into the pocket as it was and it didn't harm it

Aug 2, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #5,535 of 15,683
Yes, you have to be very careful when you put the WM1Z into its official case. You can do it without causing scratches, but you have to take your time and carefully put it in their.

That is why i rarely, if ever, used it. My Pockets all have very soft inlays so i just put it into the pocket as it was and it didn't harm it
Maybe they fixed for the version 2 case? Think the scratching is the soft Gold coating of the Z, not so much the A.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back