SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jul 28, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #5,476 of 15,590
Indeed, Venom cable is not too heavy, but still has some heft. They use PVC sleeving and cable is super durable. Zero microphonics, indeed. No memory effect, quite flexible for 19awg thickness cable, but yeah, feels different when wearing it. But sonic performance is on the level of other popular flagships at a much cheaper price. I have one on loan with me now from Musicteck. Pairs up great with both Traillii and Jewel.

20220728_003301.jpg
I am still waiting for your WM1 mark II review :o2smile:

Jul 28, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #5,477 of 15,590
It’s a really strange cable lol… it’s not overly heavy, reasonably flexible and zero microphonics but it feels… weird. It has a plasticky/rubbery texture that takes some getting used to. I personally have no issues with it and enjoy using it but some friends that also have Venoms have not enjoyed the rubbery feel.
I don’t really like that feel, helps me to decide not to get it 😂

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #5,478 of 15,590
My original plan was to get the Sony leather case, which I understand comes with the WM1ZM2. Unfortunately, I've been waiting for months already for Amazon JP to make the case available for purchase for international customers (based on what I've seen thus far, this case is only available to domestic customers). Hence, I decided to go for the Miter leather case instead.

e-earphone have some left. I perhaps should have bought one with my order, but forgot, oh well my silicone ones should be good for me when it arrives.

https://www.e-earphone.jp/products/detail/1399056/2069/

Jul 28, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #5,479 of 15,590
Its still on sale and in stock :xf_eek: i never seen any item that long on sale at e-earphone, i wonder if it will ever be out of sale :D

1659012634188.png

Jul 28, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #5,480 of 15,590
Its still on sale and in stock :xf_eek: i never seen any item that long on sale at e-earphone, i wonder if it will ever be out of sale :D

1659012634188.png
Still no sale for me, Sony didn't meet my expectations. I'll stick with the OG and spend elsewhere....

Q-6

Jul 28, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #5,481 of 15,590
Still no sale for me, Sony didn't meet my expectations. I'll stick with the OG and spend elsewhere....

Q-6
6 were available used when I was at E-Earphone, yesterday

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #5,482 of 15,590

Q-6
We've heard you... many times. Go enjoy your OG dude, why rain on other's parade? Makes you happier? Jeez...

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #5,483 of 15,590
I am still waiting for your WM1 mark II review :o2smile:

I had a few setbacks in my review schedule, due to family issues and also work at my job picking up. Now, trying to catch up. Plus, from reading this thread, seems like many people are still waiting for M2 availability (in different parts of the world). I have been featuring WM1ZM2 as a source in many of my latest and upcoming reviews, and hoping to have a full review by mid August.

Btw, speaking of the above discussion about cases, so we got Dignis and Miter, one covering the top and another one leaving it open.

dignis-sony-wm1zm2-04.jpg
miter-wm1zm2-case-08.jpg

Some have probably seen PWA introducing 4.4mm ground pin adapter, and now DDhifi going to have one as well. For those who are not familiar, Sony's 4.4mm headphone jack doesn't have the ground pin connected. Such adapter brings gnd pin from 3.5mm side. Useful for cables where shielding is connected to the ground or if you are connecting to external amp where they need a common ground.

I'm waiting to receive a sample of DDhifi adapter (golden, for WM1ZM2), and curious if it has enough clearance to work with Dignis case. Obviously, shouldn't be a problem with Miter case. Once I get it and done testing, will post it here. This is how it looks from DDhifi FB promo post:

1659016928449.png
1659017021255.png

Jul 29, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #5,487 of 15,590
Just wondering, is sony offering any sort of international warranty for their Wm1zm2?
I know the v1 does, thinking about getting one from amazon jp, but worry about warranty.
From my conversation with the local store where I bought my WM1AM2 (a Sony authorized dealer), Sony's warranty on audio products typically applies on where you bought them. Before getting my unit with that local store, I was thinking of buying one in Changi Airport where I was transiting since the price was lower. In hindsight, not buying overseas was the right decision as it would have left me hanging in the cold in the event my unit developed issues.

Re: buying from Amazon JP, I once bought a wireless mechanical keyboard that wasn't widely available where I'm staying (a Filco Convertble 2 TKL). Out of curiousity, I tried looking for information on warranty claims for units whose final destination will be overseas. Apparently, once a device meant to be sold for the Japan market is shipped overseas, the warranty is voided.

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #5,488 of 15,590
Just wondering, is sony offering any sort of international warranty for their Wm1zm2?
I know the v1 does, thinking about getting one from amazon jp, but worry about warranty.
Sony almost never does International Warranties, items has to be sent back to Japan with the significant risk of VAT to be paid twice more....

Jul 29, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #5,489 of 15,590
Some have probably seen PWA introducing 4.4mm ground pin adapter, and now DDhifi going to have one as well. For those who are not familiar, Sony's 4.4mm headphone jack doesn't have the ground pin connected. Such adapter brings gnd pin from 3.5mm side. Useful for cables where shielding is connected to the ground or if you are connecting to external amp where they need a common ground.

I'm waiting to receive a sample of DDhifi adapter (golden, for WM1ZM2), and curious if it has enough clearance to work with Dignis case. Obviously, shouldn't be a problem with Miter case. Once I get it and done testing, will post it here. This is how it looks from DDhifi FB promo post:
Where can I read more about a ground pin adapter? I don't know when someone needs it and what's the advantage.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #5,490 of 15,590
Where can I read more about a ground pin adapter? I don't know when someone needs it and what's the advantage.
I've watched HK reviewers who did a blind test and the one who could consistently tell the difference felt that there were gains (in terms of clarity and separation) but also degradation to the sound. Can't recall the exact properties. Just tried looking for it and the video has been taken down hmmm..

Sony engineers chasing after the ultimate sound for at least 6 years couldn't have been so dumb and not even have tested connecting the ground pin surely (esp after Mk1)? Feels like an omission on purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back