SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jun 16, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #5,011 of 15,603
I am moving my music collection from an AK SP1000 to the WM1Z M2, and I have a large number of playlists that are in .m3u and created on the SP1000.

I'm trying to figure out how to move these to the WM1M2 without manually re-building each one. I tried using Sony Music Center and renaming the paths of the songs to the new directory, but no luck. Anyone has tried this and succeeded?

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #5,012 of 15,603
Are they really able to drive these headphones or is there some wizardry under the table? 🤔😅

1655380124435.png
I wonder as well.

One day I tried NW-WM1ZM2 + MDR-Z1R pair in a Sony Store, they sounded awful...
The sound was much better when I tried DMP-Z1 + MDR-Z1R on another day.

Jun 16, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #5,013 of 15,603
Hello all
Firstly thank you to all those peeps who have posted useful information on this thread! I've spent the last few days reading all the pages in this post - so now I'm wondering if anyone can clarifying some points as I'm considering getting a non EU WM1AM2. I like my music loud and I don't want to suffer the crippled power of the EU model. (I currently have a MrWalkman flashed WM1A and I'm still enjoying the upgrade. It really is an amazing difference, relatively speaking. Thank you MrWalkman!)

So firstly, is there any difference in performance between (non-EU) 'regioned' players? Are the firmwares configured with a different sound signature perhaps (if so what is it) and / or are there any differences in options between players? For example modes or options that are on one region but omitted from another region? Peeps seems to be recommending the Japanese model - is that because the stock arrived there first or have I missed something?

Also I'm not multi-lingual so would importing from Australia / New Zealand / USA / Canada would be a better option than importing from Japan?
So how bad is the lag for the streaming services / user interface interaction? I have an EU NWZX2 and although I loved it, it was a bit annoying and a bit slow and laggy. Is the WM1AM2 worse or not as bad?

I'm using my WM1A with the (balanced) u12t - and I must say it is an absolutely fantastic combo. I used to use the IER Z1R but they are just too painful for my ears (and I have massive ears!) so any extended listening is no go. Although I do plug them in once every few weeks and enjoy the bass. [Oh, I miss that bass]. The treble on them was 'fun' for a while, but it all sounded a bit like pixie dust whereas the u12t really have a more meticulous and accurate detail retrieval and natural sounding treble. Anyone had time with the WM1AM2 and u12t if so - thoughts? Good synergy?

Where would the best places to order from US / Australia? Most places seem devoid of stock.

Also has anyone got (or had an extended listen) to the WM1AM2 and an SP1000T - is so, what are your thoughts - are the units comparable performance wise and sound wise?
Thanks
P.S apologies for typos

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #5,014 of 15,603
Hello all
Firstly thank you to all those peeps who have posted useful information on this thread! I've spent the last few days reading all the pages in this post - so now I'm wondering if anyone can clarifying some points as I'm considering getting a non EU WM1AM2. I like my music loud and I don't want to suffer the crippled power of the EU model. (I currently have a MrWalkman flashed WM1A and I'm still enjoying the upgrade. It really is an amazing difference, relatively speaking. Thank you MrWalkman!)

So firstly, is there any difference in performance between (non-EU) 'regioned' players? Are the firmwares configured with a different sound signature perhaps (if so what is it) and / or are there any differences in options between players? For example modes or options that are on one region but omitted from another region? Peeps seems to be recommending the Japanese model - is that because the stock arrived there first or have I missed something?

Also I'm not multi-lingual so would importing from Australia / New Zealand / USA / Canada would be a better option than importing from Japan?
So how bad is the lag for the streaming services / user interface interaction? I have an EU NWZX2 and although I loved it, it was a bit annoying and a bit slow and laggy. Is the WM1AM2 worse or not as bad?

I'm using my WM1A with the (balanced) u12t - and I must say it is an absolutely fantastic combo. I used to use the IER Z1R but they are just too painful for my ears (and I have massive ears!) so any extended listening is no go. Although I do plug them in once every few weeks and enjoy the bass. [Oh, I miss that bass]. The treble on them was 'fun' for a while, but it all sounded a bit like pixie dust whereas the u12t really have a more meticulous and accurate detail retrieval and natural sounding treble. Anyone had time with the WM1AM2 and u12t if so - thoughts? Good synergy?

Where would the best places to order from US / Australia? Most places seem devoid of stock.

Also has anyone got (or had an extended listen) to the WM1AM2 and an SP1000T - is so, what are your thoughts - are the units comparable performance wise and sound wise?
Thanks
P.S apologies for typos
While I do not own a WM1AM2 yet (I am trying to order one, but seems only available in late Aug....), I may be able to share some info I grabbed from this thread and my own experience of playing with demo units.

According to fellows, the Japanese does support English and other languages, just choose the language you want during the initial setup (like other Android devices)
I have tried to play some tracks in Apple Music/Tidal, the music itself is smooth, and UI most of time is smooth too. (I do notice some slight lag in the UI occasionally. Um.. not really lag, just not smooth enough, and it didn't happen frequently)
Personally I think importing from Japan is a good idea, since the exchange rate of Yen is quite low now...

Jun 16, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #5,015 of 15,603
Hello all

Thanks
P.S apologies for typos
From what I understand, what makes the EU model different than others is that the omission of high gain due to the EU law which result in more quiet volume and possible issue with driving more power hungry headphones/earphones.

I'm imported mine from Japan via eBay without any issues. No worries about the language as you will be presented upon the setup with an option to choose for English on the very first screen interface. I don't notice much of the lag for streaming apps. If any at all, maybe 0.5 second compare to my mobile phone device. Usually the thing that worry me more about using 3rd party app for streaming is battery. Turning off wifi would help with this.

I can't speak for other headphones/earphones but I'm using my WM1ZM2 with IER-M9 and MDR-Z7M2. I equally love my experience on them both.

Jun 16, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #5,017 of 15,603
Simple question (I couldn't find a clear answer in this thread): Could WM1ZM2 and WM1AM2 connect to an external DAC/Amp (eg Hugo 2) via USB-C ?
I believe the functionality is available: USB OUT

Jun 17, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #5,019 of 15,603
Meanwhile… 😂

D1ED02DC-0F6F-4D97-A0E5-ABFD47997AC7.jpeg

Attachments

• F42DB1CF-8715-418E-B2C0-9EAB0B2FFC95.jpeg
    F42DB1CF-8715-418E-B2C0-9EAB0B2FFC95.jpeg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 0
Jun 17, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #5,025 of 15,603
Man this doesn't inspire confidence! I'm hovering over pre-ordering one from Japan for August delivery. If there are issues won't be able to return! Maybe this why there is a lack of stock.. QC issues to be resolved perhaps

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back