Print Service com.android.bips
Google Workspace/Enterprise Management com.android.managedprovisioning
Printer Service com.android.printspooler
Calendar Sync com.android.providers.calendar
Google Music EQ com.android.musicfx
Android Easter Egg com.android.egg
Calculator com.google.android.calculator
Wireless emergency alerts com.google.android.cellbroadcastreceiver
Print Service Recommendation Service com.google.android.printservice.recommendation
Live Wallpaper Picker com.android.wallpaper.livepicker
Blocked Numbers Storage com.android.providers.blockednumber
Android Auto com.google.android.projection.gearhead
Basic Daydreams com.android.dreams.basic
Google Backup com.android.localtransport

To put it in the actual objective perspective, once you follow these steps to remove the included bloatware along with @Sonywalkmanuser M2 optimization guide, you do get the improvement in user interface as measured by AnTuTu 3D benchmark; 600 point higher, mostly due to UX score improvement. Other DAPs with Snapdragon 660 and Android 9 still have a score which is about 2.5x higher, but nevertheless, you can still optimize your WM1A/ZM2 by following these steps.

Before and After:

sony-wm1zm2-x13.png sony-wm1zm2-x17.png

May 13, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #4,203 of 15,612
yes, there is a delay. didn't time it exactly but feels like about half second off.
Per Cayin explanations, these external DAP as DAC are using asynchronous digital audio. So what happened is that the video clock is down by the Host/iPad for example, and the audio clock is done by the DAP as a DAC, and that leads to some delays

I am not sure if there are other DAPs that don’t have this issues, I never looked because it isn’t my primary reason to get a dap

May 13, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #4,204 of 15,612
Don’t bother, it looks like even Sony Japan care crap about the service, nothing come back from them. I have my Japanese colleague help me send the Japanese feedback through Sony Japan. At the same time I sent another one through Sony Japan website which Google translate help me see one of the option to send feedback in English, one whole day, no reply to either the Japanese version nor the English version of the feedback.

So I guess, I can just hope that after repair things will work okay and after which this would be my last ever spending money with this crappy company called Sony.

I have to admit, nowadays when it comes to service, Japanese company are nothing near what China or Korean company can provide. Those Chi-fi products from FiiO, iBasso etc are giving customer service some respectable substance as compare to Sony.

Did you send the feedback just before the weekend? This could affect the timing of Sony’s reply to you.

Even for Singapore Government and it’s agencies which by all regards, one of most effective civil service system in the world, the email replies will take a window of 3 working days
https://www.psd.gov.sg/about-psd/service-commitment

Feedback and Enquiries​

Respond within 3 working days* from the date of receipt. Depending on the complexity of the issue, we may take up to 3 weeks.
If we need more time, we will give an interim reply.
*Working days refer to Mondays to Fridays, excluding public holidays.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #4,205 of 15,612
Reading some of the posts about customer service I won't be buying either of these m2's. Also the omission of an official spokesperson on their products on Head-Fi speaks volumes.
Everyone’ experience is going to different basing on the circumstances of the events and the service staff that served you.

I bought my Walkman from Sony Wisma together with my friend. The Sony Wisma staff even called us about one week after collection to ask about product feedback for the walkman.

My friend has a busy working schedule and was unable to collect his MDR-Z1R during store opening hours, the Sony staff actually waited outside the closed store until 930pm or so for my friend to collect his headphone.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #4,207 of 15,612
Agree. Most of their customers are within Japan. And it is a big enough market for them.

It is very fascinating to read about all the complaints here. And then when I am on the chi fi threads to read endless complaints as well. The grass is not necessarily greener on the other side. On the AK threads, you read about all sort of problems too. :)

I think at the end it is tough to keep everyone happy all the time.

For each of us, we can decide what is close to our hearts and what is of prime importance, be it customer service, customer engagement, sound signature, sound quality etc. and make our choice accordingly. :)

What are the other complaints about the new walkman as far as performance goes? Only thing I read is one person complaining about his experience and rightfully so, that is indeed frustrating and should have been replaced by a new unit asap. But that is far from indicative of the unit itself in general, any others have defective headphone jacks?

May 13, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #4,208 of 15,612
What are the other complaints about the new walkman as far as performance goes? Only thing I read is one person complaining about his experience and rightfully so, that is indeed frustrating and should have been replaced by a new unit asap. But that is far from indicative of the unit itself in general, any others have defective headphone jacks?
That be true. Can’t say I have read any.

May 13, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #4,209 of 15,612
So far, I have no complaints with my NW-WM1AM2. I am re-listening albums that I am very familiar with and I am surprised to hear new details from them (using IEMs). This is just one amazing music equipment that makes me rethink the need to retain my desktop headphone rig (RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> Tom Christiansen Audia HPA-1 -> Sennheiser HD800). Yes, the desktop headphone rig sounds much better but I am now spending more time with the WM1AM2 + Meze Rai Penta combo as it's more convenient to use (and portable too).

My only hardware complaint is that the micro SD tray design is too flimsy. Good thing the copy speeds with the USB-C port are much faster than the proprietary Sony port in the prior version.

May 13, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #4,210 of 15,612
So far, I have no complaints with my NW-WM1AM2. I am re-listening albums that I am very familiar with and I am surprised to hear new details from them (using IEMs). This is just one amazing music equipment that makes me rethink the need to retain my desktop headphone rig (RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> Tom Christiansen Audia HPA-1 -> Sennheiser HD800). Yes, the desktop headphone rig sounds much better but I am now spending more time with the WM1AM2 + Meze Rai Penta combo as it's more convenient to use (and portable too).

My only hardware complaint is that the micro SD tray design is too flimsy. Good thing the copy speeds with the USB-C port are much faster than the proprietary Sony port in the prior version.

The only problem with the USB-C is that, at least I, can't find ways to delete folders. Files gets deleted, but folders just won't...it just stays there and unable to delete

May 13, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #4,211 of 15,612
Did you send the feedback just before the weekend? This could affect the timing of Sony’s reply to you.

Even for Singapore Government and it’s agencies which by all regards, one of most effective civil service system in the world, the email replies will take a window of 3 working days
https://www.psd.gov.sg/about-psd/service-commitment
Sony Japan service website mentioned 24x7 with the landing page after submitting comment mentioned reply by next day. I sent the complained in on Thursday evening. Whole Friday gone silence. My Japanese colleague help me send Japanese version on Friday early morning.

Anyway, in too tired to do anything about this anymore since the company doesn't seem to care, I will just accept my faith and hope that my 1ZM2 will all be fine after the repair.

I will probably just wait for the AK SP3000 and then retired this 1ZM2 as I no longer have any good feeling or excited about it anymore after all these eisodes.

May 14, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #4,212 of 15,612
Per Cayin explanations, these external DAP as DAC are using asynchronous digital audio. So what happened is that the video clock is down by the Host/iPad for example, and the audio clock is done by the DAP as a DAC, and that leads to some delays

I am not sure if there are other DAPs that don’t have this issues, I never looked because it isn’t my primary reason to get a dap
Each dap manufacturer will have their own quirks and issues.

Some dap manufacturers produces so many models to the point where you don’t have even know if that dap you invested a lot of cash in turns out to be their flagship or not.

Some dap manufacturers don’t even get their firmware to be running streaming apps stable enough.

Or how about dap manufacturers refusing to service your dap for the reason of software modifications. Especially when they don’t even specify what is considered as software modifications properly. E.g. is doing ADB uninstall considered as software modifications?

no names will be mentioned here, but if you read around head-fi enough, you will uncover them.

May 14, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #4,214 of 15,612
I find this. Unlike Sony who never seem to reply or take part on theads like these, on the Hiby R5G2 thread we were wishing for double tap to wake screen and within less than a week idea was passed to engineering and this week new firmware update added double tap.

Few of us IEM users commented we couldn't hear a massive difference between ESS amp and class A amp and with the update it got noticeably improved and huge wide sound stage with class A now.
Then I guess you should really just dump Sony in favour of Hiby.

May 14, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #4,215 of 15,612
For Singapore Sony consumers, there is actually a Business WhatsApp contact you can use to communicate with the Wisma store staff directly:

https://wa.me/c/6563419945
That’s the one I initially used and that’s the useless one that gave me answer like:
1. “Your repair will be completed from 11/5 onwards”.
2. “Do check your unit when doing collection”

And FYI, they are from the same service Outsourced that Sony Singapore used, they are not Sony corporate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back