SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 29, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #3,391 of 15,986
For those with huge music collection and have tendency to have duplicate music files on your Walkman storage & MicroSD Card Storage, you can try out this Android tool:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.thedarken.sdm.unlocker&hl=en_SG&gl=US

Its only USD$4 to unlock the Pro mode, which gives you access to Duplicate Finder, a tool that uses File checksum to detect duplicate files. It will help you to recover wasted space.

And also it does Android garbage and cache cleaning. A wonderful app to have on your walkman or any android device for the matter.

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #3,392 of 15,986
@Whitigir
Found a well presented video that explains signal integrity in electronic engineering.

Is digital data really just ones and zeros? They can also exist as tiny analog electricity waveform during data transmission too. And these tiny voltages will have issues with timing and interferences which will result in errors. These errors can be detected and corrected but it’s all about how powerful the error correction implementation involved, the correction time required and how important/time sensitive is the accuracy of the signal to the end receiver(in the case of audio playback, is the dac chip).

Usually these errors are very marginal and won’t drastically affect audio output as in random audio dropouts but they may result in loss of sound quality which is described as jitter. Whether this loss in sound quality(jitter) is noticeable or measurable in a meaningful way is still a debatable and subjective topic.

https://www.stereophile.com/reference/1290jitter/index.html

Can Sony engineers really get rid of every signal interferences in their expensive Walkmans? Well that’s for a science engineer with the necessary knowledge, time and measuring equipment to investigate.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #3,394 of 15,986
Charging. Charging
AM2. Firmware 1.01
I have never been able to get over that nasty “Slowly charging” notification when charging.
Tried stock supplied cable as well as other cables, several different chargers from PC to high current output.
I also noticed it drops 2% of battery when streaming a song from Apple music or Spotify with EQ on.
Am I the only one experience this slow charging and fast dropping battery issue here?
I don't think the ZM2 charging too slow with neither original or the recently released firmware. Using streaming services with wifi on will always take a hit on battery and I do see similar behavior like yours in term of battery reduction. I usually just download it for offline listening and turn wifi on when I want more albums downloaded. Other than that, I find Walkman music player app to be better.

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #3,396 of 15,986
@Sonywalkmanuser , every signals are analog, just that square waves are superimposed with different order of sinuous waves :wink:. That is why usb cables can effect the sound quality, because these signals are also time domain
They can also exist as light pulses in the case of fiber optics. These light pulses are immune to electrical and magnetic based interferences but still subjected to reflection and refraction issues in the optical cables.

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #3,397 of 15,986
The new walkmans are no longer listed on their site, they were taken down due to the pre-orders. They expect to receive the walkmans in mid june, they keep moving this date, at this pace it will be late summer. I am close to just ordering a TA-ZH1ES for now, I lost all hope of getting the 1Zm2 anytime soon.
Mid June? Ugh…I was hoping in May..I have to resist not buying a DX320 in the meantime lol

Apr 29, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #3,398 of 15,986
Mid June? Ugh…I was hoping in May..I have to resist not buying a DX320 in the meantime lol
I know right, seems like Chinese brands are not having any issues making daps but $40 Billion dollar sony can't source parts for their audio products or TVs.

Apr 29, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #3,399 of 15,986
I know right, seems like Chinese brands are not having any issues making daps but $40 Billion dollar sony can't source parts for their audio products or TVs.

I think Sony just can’t keep up with the mass amount of pre-orders across the entire world. We don’t really know the sales figures of these Chinese Brand as compared to Sony. Sony has to allocate Walkman/TV stocks for their Sony Stores and Repair Centres in a world wide setting.

This is comparison to the boutique Chinese dap makers with no physical store fronts and sells and ships to you directly or through some other distributors. Also they don’t have world wide repair centres that have requirements to hold some new replacement stocks.

Apr 29, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #3,400 of 15,986
I think Sony just can’t keep up with the mass amount of pre-orders across the entire world. We don’t really know the sales figures of these Chinese Brand as compared to Sony. Sony has to allocate Walkman/TV stocks for their Sony Stores and Repair Centres in a world wide setting.

This is comparison to the boutique Chinese dap makers with no physical store fronts and sells and ships to you directly or through some other distributors. Also they don’t have world wide repair centres that have requirements to hold some new replacement stocks.
But this isn't limited to just their daps, this is the case with every electronic device coming from Sony, that silicon shortage.

Apr 29, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #3,401 of 15,986

Oh this reminds me to order soon a spare SD tray soon. That item looks so flimsy it could break anytime you open it

Apr 29, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #3,402 of 15,986
Where can you possibly get this spare SD tray (for M2)? Thank you in advance for sharing :)

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #3,405 of 15,986
Since I'm from Singapore, the Sony store service center in 313 will sell you spare parts.
Wonder what else is available at 313 as spares. I got the EP-NI1000 tip from there, quite costly at Sgd$26 per pair but I guess it's worth it for the comfort and sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back