SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 25, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #3,076 of 15,736
What I will say is that if you have the Sony MDR-Z1R or IER-Z1R, you should try it with the Sony M2s. Great synergy. :)

5BD1D7F4-C73F-4194-9F3D-B475FE81F5FA.jpeg
Can't wait! I love my MDR-Z1R.

Apr 25, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #3,077 of 15,736
Apr 25, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #3,081 of 15,736
It's music for a fast food generation, churn out as much as you can and move on to the next one. God forbid lyrics make you feel something or make you think. This is why I can't be bothered with streaming music, it's about quantity not quality. I already have all of the music I will ever like on my microsd card and I might download 2 or 3 albums a year if I am lucky. EMO music is this generations elevator music, audible Xanax.

but sometimes when you listen to older songs with modern equipment, they sound they are singing from the bathroom :)

Apr 26, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #3,085 of 15,736
I really cannot understand the music that the young ones of today are listening to:

How is this considered good music?
I am sorry if you happen to be Billie Eilish fan but I totally cannot find myself to be listening to this kind of poorly produced music that has almost zero rhythm and the lyrics consist of just a few simple words that is sung in a very monotonous manner.

you're just (getting) old. Elvis, The Beatles, No Doubt, Garbage, etc same thing happens pretty much every 10 years generation. Heck, Michael Jackson, Prince etc even had the same style of backlash of "That's just noise" "how can you call that music"

You just didn't grow up with it and you're just either not accepting the new style or don't want to break out of your comfort zone. Same thing as fashion, people saying games these days are too flashy and (S)Nes / Genesis etc days were the best in gaming, etc

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #3,086 of 15,736
I request more advice from my fellow headfiers.

I do not want to do 20 hours more of confusing research.

I am looking for one IEM to match the Walkman and only one. Cost-no-object- I want a full bodied smooth, lusher style sound- but not so so smooth that it is dull or lifeless. I need detail and transparency- of course just don't want bright or treble tilted. I want the best. Could you guys provide one or two recommendations.

Apr 26, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #3,087 of 15,736
Would there be duties to ship the walkman into the USA from overseas?

Also- where in the USA can you buy the Micron i300 1tb card?

I see Swissbit has a 512gb card. Is that one recommended over Micron?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #3,088 of 15,736

I am looking for one IEM to match the Walkman and only one. Cost-no-object- I want a full bodied smooth, lusher style sound- but not so so smooth that it is dull or lifeless. I need detail and transparency- of course just don't want bright or treble tilted. I want the best. Could you guys provide one or two recommendations.

I personally like IER-Z1R followed by IER-M9 (which I don't own), I didn't like the M7. I didn't really like the Campfire Audio IEM's I've tried (i think they were called Andromeda and Solaris.

If you listen to a lot of Electronica, I like XBA-Z5, but they aren't really made for instrumental, but rather heavy bass

For the price, I thought Hidizs MS4 Mermaid does a pretty decent job.

If you listen to a lot of not strong bass stuff, I do recommend Fostex TH900 (either versions), but it isn't IEM but a headphone.

Regardless, my opinion may not apply to you. If you live in USA, best is to just use places like Amazon and test drive them. If you don't like it, return it as USA doesn't really have places where you can test IEM / Headphones.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #3,089 of 15,736

I have not tried many iem’s over the last couple of years. Since I bought the Sony IER-Z1R to go with my 1Z shortly after the IER came out I’ve not felt the need to explore any longer

Apr 26, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #3,090 of 15,736
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back