SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Feb 23, 2022 at 3:49 AM Post #736 of 15,724
Amazon.jp clearly restrict by destination address what we can see. Otherwise, for video and music services, amazon restrict by IP (even if we are behind some VPN (japanese or not), loads of VPN's IP are blocked by Amazon)
Well, nothing I need from Amazon in regards of ordering is ever blocked. It's just a matter of if they will ship or not.

Again, prime services are another thing. This includes, shipping, video, music. Those are Geo / IP restricted. I've never had issues other wise. Luckily if I needed to, I can ship with in Japan or even remote into my computer in Japan. At least when I tried 12+ hours ago 1Zm2 was sold out

Feb 23, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #738 of 15,724
If you enter a Japanese delivery address you can order it right now; with an European one they say that it's out of stock
When I tried it, again which was like "12+" hrs ago, it was sold out. Maybe it's restocked now. For me, when I try as USA, it simply says not available to your region and not sold out / out of stock. Been like that since beginning

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #740 of 15,724
If someone could share their experience using WM1ZM2 with high sensitivity IEM like Campfire Audio Solaris, Andromeda, Vision Ears Erlkonig, etc would be much appreciated! I really want to know if WM1ZM2 could give a pure dark background without noise. Thanks in advance.

Feb 23, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #741 of 15,724
Is the $4199 USD confirmed as MSRP for USA? It just seems insanely expensive but it wouldn’t surprise me. I was already performing some olympic level mental gymnastics trying to entertain the possibility of purchasing the 1ZM2 but the sticker shock at $4k+ before taxes is sobering. It might even be cheaper to just get a WM1Z and send it in to be modded lol
Woo Audio and Audio46 are listing it at that price.

Feb 23, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #743 of 15,724
Looks like I got a great bargain at the time when I picked up a brand new Sony WM1Z from the Sony stand at the Bristol Hi Fi Show in the U.K. for £1,750 in 2019 at the same time the WM1A was on offer at £750. I remember seeing a U.K. dealer selling them for £3,200 at one time.
Yes that was a very good price. I paid £2.200 as an Amazon Warehouse deal start 2017 when the normal Amazon price was £2.500

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #744 of 15,724
Looks like I got a great bargain at the time when I picked up a brand new Sony WM1Z from the Sony stand at the Bristol Hi Fi Show in the U.K. for £1,750 in 2019 at the same time the WM1A was on offer at £750. I remember seeing a U.K. dealer selling them for £3,200 at one time.
You know what I wish I had used that code to get a 1A for £750 from there! :)

Feb 23, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #747 of 15,724
I was surprised to see its been cancelled again this year.
Yep, it was a great shame to see it cancelled again, at the time back in December when they made the decision it was because of how fast Omicron was spreading, let’s hope Can Jam London goes ahead in July and the High End Show at Ascot Racecourse.

Feb 23, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #748 of 15,724
Woo Audio and Audio46 are listing it at that price.
The price has not been confirmed for the US yet. I spoke with Woo Audio last week. They will adjust the price when the products are officially released for the US market. The rationale provided was that it would be easier to reimburse the difference rather than sell it underpriced.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #749 of 15,724
The price has not been confirmed for the US yet. I spoke with Woo Audio last week. They will adjust the price when the products are officially released for the US market. The rationale provided was that it would be easier to reimburse the difference rather than sell it underpriced.

To add that, I asked Audio 46 yesterday when they expect to have them in stock and they said no idea.

Once we see the DAPs on Sony's site for order, then we know MSRP. Anything else is not necessarily accurate.

Feb 24, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #750 of 15,724
To add that, I asked Audio 46 yesterday when they expect to have them in stock and they said no idea.

Once we see the DAPs on Sony's site for order, then we know MSRP. Anything else is not necessarily accurate.
Not American here but perhaps you guys could ask Moon Audio as well. They may know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back