SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Sep 29, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #12,813 of 15,986
Besides them not meaning much deal to me - or I can't see them or trolling too much along my reading , or I skip them ,

I can't hide that these differences are instant-sense on he1000se , and on he1000se they can be unwinded rationalized particularly and specifically in their own ranges after a time ..admittedly it is not the same for other headphones and iem, I can plug something else and have only a partial figure of those changes

same way , besides dsee or any dsp , some generic iem I have do not sound majestic like he1000se do when plugged on wm1zm2

same way , my he1000se sound 'not particularly good' or still open but mainstream , uninspiring and far from thrilling or majestic , when fed from my v30 or v60 ; both options that I love to have on hands when I am in a hurry on the go and only phones with me for the occasion

same reason someone else will listen to he1000se from the v30 and say they sound great, no dubt about that

As usual, I am not remotely surprised by these variables ,
trolling is another matter and I simply do not consider it quite at all...

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #12,815 of 15,986
Since you own Sony headphones and Iems, have you followed my recommendation to use the Sony Headphone App to add your wired headphone and IEM profile and also to do the ear photo upload?

You have to switch profile in headphone app when you are switching between using the headphone and iem.

In my own experience, this should improve the spatial sounds, especially if you use DSEE Ultimate with High-Res Streaming On.
Yes, since I saw the comment you mentioned about this configuration, I have done it and the truth is that I do feel an improvement in the headphones, thank you for your recommendations.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #12,816 of 15,986
i am very curious to compare the wm1zm2 with the Cayin N30LE

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #12,818 of 15,986
Don't think there's a comparison done so far. Is there? 🤔
No, but it would be very interesting because I had SP3000 and Cayin N8ii. All lost by far against the WM1ZM2.

But the n30le sounds very promising.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #12,819 of 15,986
No, but it would be very interesting because I had SP3000 and Cayin N8ii. All lost by far against the WM1ZM2.

But the n30le sounds very promising.
Wait until you have (heard) a modified 1ZM2 just upgraded internal cables and bypassing relays :). I have compared those above and as you said, depends on your gears and preferences, but 1ZM2 is a beast!! Of a devices, and so is the 1AM2, which is also a beast for the price (excluding the cayin)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #12,820 of 15,986
Wait until you have (heard) a modified 1ZM2 just upgraded internal cables and bypassing relays :). I have compared those above and as you said, depends on your gears and preferences, but 1ZM2 is a beast!! Of a devices, and so is the 1AM2, which is also a beast for the price
Wish I bought yours, but it's hard to be upset because damn, these sound good :)

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #12,821 of 15,986
@Sonywalkmanuser your 'work' here( or patience if you prefer ) is very much appreciated! It equals a gain in deepening sound facts comprehension and some knowledge related to it , a great contribution for who's lagging ( me i.e. ) ;
trolls are just a loss of time - no contribution at all
I've seen no trolls around here, unless you consider people with a different opinion trolls?

There is a lot of Sony fanboiisum in this thread too while we are on the subject, I own one of these players but have a way more balanced view of things.

I wish people would stick to writing facts and not bashing each other like me and you. :wink:

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #12,824 of 15,986
Yes, since I saw the comment you mentioned about this configuration, I have done it and the truth is that I do feel an improvement in the headphones, thank you for your recommendations.

Glad that you are also able to notice improvements to the sound.

Also when you are doing the ear photo taking, do try to align the position of the head within the outline and also ensure that both ear photo taken are of equal size. In my own experience, I find that careful photos taken of the ears will result in better spatial imaging.

Sep 29, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #12,825 of 15,986
@boodi

Can't wait for to hear your impressions of the swissbit microsd on your WM1ZM2.
Me too, as I've yet to hear a negative experience. But if they have a positive experience, they may not want to get in the line of fire by sharing that here. Convincing someone doesn't make it sound better, but we want others to be happy. ZM2 is my Unicorn. Swissbit adds rainbows.

Fact :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back