SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Aug 4, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #12,106 of 15,988
I have a question, how does the A45 model with fw from MrWalkmen compare to the Sony NWWM1AM2, the difference is big in sound quality or barely noticeable?
They are completely different devices in all categories. Sound quality is _very_ big, but also the feature difference is very big.

First of all, the NW-A45 is very cheap entry level DAP from 2017 that is no longer sold.

The A45 only has one 3.5mm Port with 35mW
The NW-WM1AM2 has 60mW on 3.5mm and an 250mW on 4.4mm

The NW-A45 uses 4 POSCAP capacitors while the NW-WM1AM2 uses 21 FTCAP3 capacitors.

And this is just scratching the surface. They are not even close

Aug 4, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #12,107 of 15,988
I have a question, how does the A45 model with fw from MrWalkmen compare to the Sony NWWM1AM2, the difference is big in sound quality or barely noticeable?
These 2 are examples of DAPs meant for different uses. Are apples better than oranges? Makes no sense to compare, just a question of what fits YOUR requirements.
Would you believe it if somebody told you that the A45 with MrWalkman FW is as good as, or better than a WM1AM2? I would have some doubts about that opinion. (I do have an A55 running MrWalkman FW.)
Is the sound difference barely noticeable? Depends on your IEMs and ears, and what you listen for. To some, there is no difference. To others, there is a major difference. Who is right, only you can decide.

Can MrWalkman FW improve the A45? Yes. Can FW replace all the hardware and design changes that went into the WM1AM2? A resounding NO. But the question is really what you are happy with. If YOU are happy with the A45, then you are happy, and that is all that matters.

- If you want small and portable, get an A series. The new A306 is better, but if you can get the older model A45/55 for a good price, and you are happy with the sound, then that is a solution. If the extra cost is OK, get the newer A306. It is better in many ways, and worth the extra money.
- WM1AM2 is a bigger size, and musical, and is another grade. Will it be a good choice for you, only you can decide.

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #12,116 of 15,988
How much to set the volume in the lg v60 so that it corresponds to the maximum volume from sony ? I'd like to see how loud it plays
The LG V60 has 2Vrms, that is the same as an unlocked WM1AM2 on 4.4mm

The Volume Capped Versions have 0.4 Vrms if i remember correctly or even slightly less. So its roughly 20%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back