SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Mar 18, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #1,111 of 15,987
Its not bad luck, its normal. Sony disallows it. So not being able to order it, is the normal case.

But i don't care, i order everything using a forwarding service anyway, so i won't have any issues buying one. For me its local shipping.
But I'm telling you from my experience. I ordered many things just even with Sony. I even got PS5 shipped here from amznjpn but yeah, use what works best for you.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #1,113 of 15,987
I am just sitting here with my Gen one NW-WM1Z thinking that I don't have to order anything for years...

Mar 18, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #1,115 of 15,987
I am just sitting here with my Gen one NW-WM1Z thinking that I don't have to order anything for years...
I believe this is true for IEMs. But also when it comes to like MDR-Z1R and Meze Empyrean? Does both Gen 1 and 2 have enough power to drive them properly?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #1,116 of 15,987
I believe this is true for IEMs. But also when it comes to like MDR-Z1R and Meze Empyrean? Does both Gen 1 and 2 have enough power to drive them properly?
I have fallen in love with my Shure headphones and have stopped looking at other cans. I have SRH1540 and SRH1840. I use them balanced with Sony NW-WM1Z and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. When I had Meze Empyrean on tour I kept wanting to go back to my Shures.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #1,117 of 15,987
M1 and M2 have the same power output which to some may not be enough for certain phones. To me it’s fine with both Z1R

Mar 18, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #1,118 of 15,987
But I'm telling you from my experience. I ordered many things just even with Sony. I even got PS5 shipped here from amznjpn but yeah, use what works best for you.
This does not apply to the PS5, never said that. Nor does it apply to the Z7M2, XBA-Z5, XBA-N1/N3, nor ZX507. It applies to WM1 Series DAP and Z1R Earphone/Headphone.

And this is not uncommon, a lot of companies do that. The cotsubu TWS from Final are also sold only in Japan, like the FitEar TG335. If you choose international shipping, more than 9/10 of all articles disappear. It is common and normal on amazon.co.jp that only a few selected items are applicable for international shipping. It os not bad luck, thats just how things work in japan.

You can not recommend to people to hope/wait for legal holes due to mistakes/errors. That is my point. If that works for you because you have luck, thats fine for you, but some people may follow your lead.

But there are important limitations to this, depending on the country, there is no way to send it back, neither in case of damage, nor in case of refund if you don't like it. Because you was never supposed to get it they might just block you from sending it back.

In Germany, for example, private persons are not allowed to send any item containing an Li-Ion Battery to Japan. If you used an forwarding service, they will take care about that. But if you bought an article that you was never supposed to get in the first place, (like i had once with an Xperia Z4), they will just not accept your shipping. You will get an shipping label from amazon and DHL will tell you, they will not accept your package.

So if there is an technical defect, there might be no way to send it in for repair depending on the law of your country and other aspects. That is an important thing to know.

There is an official and legal way to buy these from Japan and that is using an forwarding service. Some stores like e-earphone even work with them together to provide international shipment.

So if anyone is interested in getting an WM1 Walkman from Japan, use a forwarding service like Tenso. Otherwise you might be blocked out from sending them back in case of any issues.

Mar 18, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #1,119 of 15,987
Wait, so you guys saying Amazon jp can cancel my 1AM2 pre-order to Poland made over a month ago? Strange, for over a month until today we could order from Europe and just now they realized, that they don't ship international? Well, we have to wait and see what happens next week.

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #1,120 of 15,987
Loving this attitude and doing the same now actually. While drinking some Strong Zero from Suntory. Nothing beats having Japanese enter from 3 orifices in my body.

It keeps doing it, disappears from all Amazon🙃🤣😅
@Vamp898 is correct. I cannot see the WM1AM2 and WM1ZM2 from Singapore. Due to the various regions they make it available in (i.e. E, CEW, J, MX3 etc.), Sony wants to ensure that you buy the device meant for your region. In my opinion, if everyone here could buy a Japanese set of the Walkman off Amazon Japan, we all would. Frankly, even I would. There is a high chance that your order will be cancelled once the preorder period is over because Amazon does not want to/is restricted by Sony from shipping it to you. Simple as that. Please try your best to obtain it from your local market. After all, support is better. This is of course, unless you are from the EU.

If you must have a Japanese set, see my post here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-sony-nw-wm1z-m2-wm1a-m2.962054/post-16821653

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #1,121 of 15,987
Also, lets stop getting politics involved here, please. We all have different views and those views can get very poisonous more than DAPs
I apologise for joining in the discussion regarding where the Walkman should best be produced. I did not expect this outcome. I will henceforth not mention any opinions regarding the nationality of production. Should this discussion come up again in the future, I will just state the facts and move on. Once again, I am sorry.

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #1,122 of 15,987
M1 and M2 have the same power output which to some may not be enough for certain phones. To me it’s fine with both Z1R
Thank you. And what about the Empyrean?

Mar 18, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #1,123 of 15,987
This is from a 1983 Walkman (The Year I was born), this add is still amazing.

Mar 18, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #1,124 of 15,987
Mar 18, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #1,125 of 15,987
I have fallen in love with my Shure headphones and have stopped looking at other cans. I have SRH1540 and SRH1840. I use them balanced with Sony NW-WM1Z and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. When I had Meze Empyrean on tour I kept wanting to go back to my Shures.
How does the 1840 sound with the WM1A? And how does it compare with the 1540 (which I have)?

I've been thinking of trying some open headphones, as I am still working from home mostly (away from the family).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back