SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jul 11, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #5,281 of 15,688
Hello All, I have a question about "Powering off" the WM1AM2:

When connected to a charger and I choose to 'Power off' the device (Press the power button, then click the 'power off' button), after displaying the 'shutting down' message, instead of shutting down, the player would instantly boot up again.

Does anyone have the same problem?

This is normal behavior. I'm not sure how the Sony OS DAPs behave, but for the Android based ones they cannot charge and be powered at the same time. They behave the same as any smartphone in this regard.

Jul 11, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #5,282 of 15,688
This is normal behavior. I'm not sure how the Sony OS DAPs behave, but for the Android based ones they cannot charge and be powered at the same time. They behave the same as any smartphone in this regard.
My 1am2 power up whenever I plug in usbc to charge it. Is it due to me enabled battery care mode? Is this normal?

Jul 11, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #5,283 of 15,688
My 1am2 power up whenever I plug in usbc to charge it. Is it due to me enabled battery care mode? Is this normal?
This is normal, it operates exactly as all modern smartphones do. Once it has a power source to charge from it automatically turns on. I don't know of any mobile device these days that does not operate in this manner.

Jul 11, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #5,284 of 15,688
This is normal, it operates exactly as all modern smartphones do. Once it has a power source to charge from it automatically turns on. I don't know of any mobile device these days that does not operate in this manner.

My S21 5G doesn't do this. Both wireless and cable charging it charges without booting up, although I suspect the phone turns on purely to display the charge. Once disconnected the phone is off. My ZX1 behaves the same as an WM1AM2 and does boot up as soon as a charge cable is inserted.

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #5,285 of 15,688
Try plugging in the charger and start charging before shutdown..?

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #5,286 of 15,688
My S21 5G doesn't do this. Both wireless and cable charging it charges without booting up, although I suspect the phone turns on purely to display the charge. Once disconnected the phone is off. My ZX1 behaves the same as an WM1AM2 and does boot up as soon as a charge cable is inserted.
Kind of annoying sometimes, u have to turn it off after charging.

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #5,287 of 15,688
Got my AM2 today. Nicely built. It's an absolute unit. I'm a bit miffed that I can't just drag and drop music onto it with my Mac like I could with my ZX2. That threw me at first. Currently using Android File Transfer which seems a bit flakey. I wish I didn't cheap out on a 120MB/s card because it says it'll take 35 hours to transfer 770GB of music! What are the chances it'll drop out before then.

Very pleased with the sound right out of the gate however. Seems less coloured than the ZX2, particularly in the bass, which seems more refined.

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #5,288 of 15,688
Kind of annoying sometimes, u have to turn it off after charging.
Just hit the power button and the display will turn off, same as the OG WM1A/Z, trivia so don't sweat it.

Q-6

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #5,289 of 15,688
Got my AM2 today. Nicely built. It's an absolute unit. I'm a bit miffed that I can't just drag and drop music onto it with my Mac like I could with my ZX2. That threw me at first. Currently using Android File Transfer which seems a bit flakey. I wish I didn't cheap out on a 120MB/s card because it says it'll take 35 hours to transfer 770GB of music! What are the chances it'll drop out before then.

Very pleased with the sound right out of the gate however. Seems less coloured than the ZX2, particularly in the bass, which seems more refined.
I’m confused. If u just connect to your computer it just doesn’t show up a different drive and then u could just copy files directly to the micro sd card? That would really suck.

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #5,291 of 15,688

Did you import?

Jul 11, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #5,292 of 15,688
Jul 11, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #5,294 of 15,688
Jul 11, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #5,295 of 15,688
Currently using Android File Transfer which seems a bit flakey. I wish I didn't cheap out on a 120MB/s card because it says it'll take 35 hours to transfer 770GB of music! What are the chances it'll drop out before then.
Hint: if you have decent WiFi at home, install Solid Explorer on your AM2, setup your Mac as a LAN location, and you can do all your file management wirelessly on the AM2. It'll be almost as fast as wired, and sometimes faster. Android File Transfer is a clunky pita.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back