SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 25, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #4,576 of 15,985
I preordered from audio46 and they really have no clue when they’re getting the 1A2 and 1Z2 in. I spoke with them a few days ago.

May 25, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #4,577 of 15,985
AF2EE06A-5E25-4F10-B138-06FA1F09FFE9.jpeg

Got it today… European version, so volume crippled… with my Focal Radiance I need to set volume to 120 in order to enjoy it 😳

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #4,578 of 15,985

Got it today… European version, so volume crippled… with my Focal Radiance I need to set volume to 120 in order to enjoy it 😳
Wow! You bought a crippled 1AM2? If i am not mistaken I don't think it's possible to uncapped it ever. Anyways, congrats!

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #4,581 of 15,985
Seems like posting of Better translated materials of Japanese Sony pages can be misconstrued as marketing materials and wall of text. Guess I better stop posting anything for good. good bye all.

May 26, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #4,583 of 15,985
Hello, i'm curious about the way out do you use? 4.4 or 3.5
Also where did you bought it, because i'm in french country and here is not available til mid june
The left side, when looking from the front is 4.4. The right side is 3.5.

For many regions, delivery is pushed back to July.

May 26, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #4,586 of 15,985
Seems like posting of Better translated materials of Japanese Sony pages can be misconstrued as marketing materials and wall of text. Guess I better stop posting anything for good. good bye all.
Do not take it personally please.
I will definitely not buy any M2 SONY DAP. I am not interested in any Google data mining device for which I would have to pay some $ 3.200,-, that on top of that compromises the SQ compared to M1 and that I would have to debloat first so that the SQ compromise is limited at least.
I have been more than happy with my M1s.

Nevertheless I like reading well translated SONY materials from their webpage.
It is kind of a fun following their line of reasoning why the M2s are the best DAPs they have ever produced.
It reminds me rather of a list of tasks SONY had to fulfill in order to minimize the compromises on SQ due to switching to Android OS.

Despite what I have written above, SONY DAPs are from long-term perspective probably the only viable alternative for me.

So please keep posting.

May 26, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #4,587 of 15,985
Do not take it personally please.
I will definitely not buy any M2 SONY DAP. I am not interested in any Google data mining device for which I would have to pay some $ 3.200,-, that on top of that compromises the SQ compared to M1 and that I would have to debloat first so that the SQ compromise is limited at least.
I have been more than happy with my M1s.

Nevertheless I like reading well translated SONY materials from their webpage.
It is kind of a fun following their line of reasoning why the M2s are the best DAPs they have ever produced.
It reminds me rather of a list of tasks SONY had to fulfill in order to minimize the compromises on SQ due to switching to Android OS.

Despite what I have written above, SONY DAPs are from long-term perspective probably the only viable alternative for me.

So please keep posting.
Agreed he/she should continue to post and drop the drama, equally being mindful that such interviews will be carefully curated by Sony for obvious reasons and are likely an extension of sales & marketing. The walls of text can be hidden with the Spoiler function and not trigger those who dislike such lengthy commentary. Personally I just skip past what doesn't interest me or revisit when as the mood takes.

M2 my mind is still open, equally I'm not a fan of Google or it's business model and certainly not going to pay $3K for the privilege. Sony Should have left the door open for it's users to choose as they already have a ROM devoid of Google for the Chinese market. Sadly a classic case of opting in the users for the companies benefit without the consent of the user and that doesn't sit well with many...

If I was to was to opt for an M2 it would be a CN model with no restrictions and no Google. that said it would need to sound significantly better than what I already have, not just different or offer features that I would likely not use past the first few weeks, as ever time will tell...

Q-6

May 26, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #4,588 of 15,985
Queen6: Good point. So in a CN model of M2 is there the AOSP Android version? Does it imply less compromises on SQ compared to Google Android?
I wonder what the comparison of two M2s would be SQ wise - the one being CN model, the other one any other model.

May 26, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #4,589 of 15,985
Queen6: Good point. So in a CN model of M2 is there the AOSP Android version? Does it imply less compromises on SQ compared to Google Android?
I wonder what the comparison of two M2s would be SQ wise - the one being CN model, the other one any other model.
Has to be if Sony plans to Sell M2 in China and it's a very significant market for high end DAP's. My only concern is that if Sony employs regional tuning as per their Linux based DAPS then the CN model may have a high point at 8K as per the M1 models and similar other players.

Until I see/listen to a CN M2, however logically without Google's apps the player should present better performance/SQ. it might not be much, equally when paying 4 figures for a portable player I don't expect it come with such excess baggage. If I wanted a multimedia device with HQ audio, I'd opt for a decent dongle for my smart phone and save a good deal of $$$$. Frankly Sony cant have it both ways; spinning the quality of excellence in it's curated interview's, yet dumping Google's apps on the ROM as the latter clearly has a negative impact on SQ...

Q-6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back