Streamer
Better audio components
Newer power supply
More expensive
AndroidOS
DSEEHX ultimate
DSD remastering

??
Compared to 1AM2. At least. But that's normal for mega niche products like DAPs. The product itself does not justify the price of it.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #2,869 of 15,987
Just need to focus on what’s important in your life. Oddly enough this whole slowdown situation has made us treasure our electronics and other products more.

And yet my Hiby R5 gen 2 only announced last Friday for discounted early bird pre-order was despatched from China yesterday and already on its way to Hong Kong port all fully tracked to UK.

Apr 22, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #2,870 of 15,987
Compared to 1AM2. At least. But that's normal for mega niche products like DAPs. The product itself does not justify the price of it.

The proof is in the pudding or in this case you have listen to the actual device before you justify if the differences is worth the price.

Even with YouTube lossy audio compression and differences caused by ADC in the digital sound recorder and your own listening device, you can hear that the 1ZM2 sounds quite different from the 1AM2:

1AM2 (Offline flac)

1ZM2 (Offline flac)

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #2,871 of 15,987
The price for the product, not for the personal experience 😉. HiFi audio judgement through YouTube is not allowed here due to known reasons ☝🏼

Apr 22, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #2,872 of 15,987
The proof is in the pudding or in this case you have listen to the actual device before you justify if the differences is worth the price.

Even with YouTube lossy audio compression and differences caused by ADC in the digital sound recorder and your own listening device, you can hear that the 1ZM2 sounds quite different from the 1AM2:

1AM2 (Offline flac)

1ZM2 (Offline flac)

can someone translate what she says after listening both devices?

Apr 22, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #2,874 of 15,987
Apr 22, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #2,875 of 15,987
who is to decide what is allowed or not allowed here? Moderators? You? me?
That's not what I meant by 'allowed' (legally). You may post almost everything you want. It's more in terms of 'rather inappropriate method to compare HighRes audio signals'. Because you WILL hear it differently when using e.g. your own headphones. You have to hear it with your own equipment. Otherwise, you likely get a wrong impression 😉.
On the one side I read about noticeable differences using different cables, sd cards, or shielding plates, etc. And on the other side it's about comparing two HighRes players' audio characters/differences through a YouTube video recording. Please, don't feel offended but, this doesn't match. IMHO 😉

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #2,876 of 15,987
That's not what I meant by 'allowed' (legally). You may post almost everything you want. It's more in terms of 'rather inappropriate method to compare HighRes audio signals'. Because you WILL hear it differently when using e.g. your own headphones. You have to hear it with your own equipment. Otherwise, you likely get a wrong impression 😉.
Yup you are right. I am listening to that 1ZM2 video on my 1AM2 Walkman, now that’s going to be even inappropriate right?

I am not asking for you all to critically judge the sound quality of these two Walkman through YouTube but to show that there is enough sound differences between these two Walkman to the point that it can be heard through YouTube lossy compression(but of course you have to use speakers or headphones and not through phone speakers).

I have heard these two Walkman myself at the Sony store. To my ears, these two Walkman do have a different sound tuning. The 1AM2 has a more agile energetic sound while the 1ZM2 has a more delicate soft sound.

But end of the day, I feel the WM1AM2 is still more value for money for those who can’t decide if it’s worthwhile to spend more.

Apr 22, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #2,877 of 15,987
I am not asking for you all to critically judge the sound quality of these two Walkman through YouTube but to show that there is enough sound differences between these two Walkman to the point that it can be heard through YouTube lossy compression
indeed, i have to admit one can hear the difference.

Apr 22, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #2,878 of 15,987
Yup you are right. I am listening to that 1ZM2 video on my 1AM2 Walkman, now that’s going to be even inappropriate right?

I am not asking for you all to critically judge the sound quality of these two Walkman through YouTube but to show that there is enough sound differences between these two Walkman to the point that it can be heard through YouTube lossy compression(but of course you have to use speakers or headphones and not through phone speakers).

I have heard these two Walkman myself at the Sony store. To my ears, these two Walkman do have a different sound tuning. The 1AM2 has a more agile energetic sound while the 1ZM2 has a more delicate soft sound.

But end of the day, I feel the WM1AM2 is still more value for money for those who can’t decide if it’s worthwhile to spend more.
That's it 😉. We can talk for years on different audio characters but, it's rather senseless unless we actually hear it by ourselves. And the price range we talk about should bring enough 'quality' so, that we rather talk about liking more or less. And that's a personal thing. Let's be honest, the 1ZM2 is a highly overpriced gadget when it comes to the unit itself. If you like it and you can afford, buy it. I guess many will buy it just for the different color and the extra weight.

Apr 22, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #2,879 of 15,987
That's it 😉. We can talk for years on different audio characters but, it's rather senseless unless we actually hear it by ourselves. And the price range we talk about should bring enough 'quality' so, that we rather talk about liking more or less. And that's a personal thing. Let's be honest, the 1ZM2 is a highly overpriced gadget when it comes to the unit itself. If you like it and you can afford, buy it. I guess many will buy it just for the different color and the extra weight.
It costs less than high-end IEMs/heafphones or even high-end IEM cables, so I guess for those who can afford and buy all that other gear, the 1ZM2 is just another link in their chain.

Apr 22, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #2,880 of 15,987
Given the global production slowdown and raw material supply issues leading to product stock shortages. It won’t be so easy for one to get to hear the Walkman at their local stores or to even buy one readily.

I believe some of us here are unable to audition the product first hand and have to blindly place their pre-orders without actual audition. They have to rely on reviews and opinions on the internet to make do with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back