SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Apr 21, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #2,791 of 15,699
It’s different for the WM1ZM2 and WM1AM2, these support DSEE Ultimate over Bluetooth(encoded signal).
But if that is really an improvement the sound or just changes it is up to debate.

For compress low quality audio, its a big improvement, yes. But if you're listening to >=320kbps AAC its pretty much inaudible.

But even with low quality audio, its not like a day and night difference. I would never every recommend an WM1 Series DAP to anyone who wants to use it using LDAC (Sender). This tiny improvement that DSEE Ultiamte causes is a nice feature if you have the DAP anyway, but not a reason to get it.

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #2,792 of 15,699
It’s different for the WM1ZM2 and WM1AM2, these support DSEE Ultimate over Bluetooth(encoded signal).
Could you please humor me and test the battery constantly on Neutron music player, or Walkman with all DSP , playback and battery ? I would like to know how long it lasts. Thank you very much

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #2,793 of 15,699
FiiO m17 does come included with a cooling fan stand. How effective air works to draw heat out from the chassis? Guess every bit helps if you got such a hot body.
38E5DA8D-060B-4646-B79E-CF4B62A32AA6.jpeg
Yes, the Ugliest mess ever designed, it screams "GAMER".

Apr 21, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #2,795 of 15,699
I've been looking into IER-M9 but you really think thats better than the Noble K10U (or Encore now)?

Only got the Fiio FD7 Berilium Dynamic recently and for the cost they are fabulous, but K10U still my best for sound quality across the range but other two smaller and more comfortable to wear.
The IER-M9 is significantly better. I mean it does sound completely different so it might be horribly bad for you, its a matter of taste in the end.

But if you like the Sound Signature of the IER-M9, its an significant improvement over the K10U.But if you don't, it doesn't matter at all

Apr 21, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #2,796 of 15,699
Could you please humor me and test the battery constantly on Neutron music player, or Walkman with all DSP , playback and battery ? I would like to know how long it lasts. Thank you very much
About 18hours for neutron or other music apps according to Sony but that’s in direct source on mode.

If you switch on every DSP by Sony: vinyl Processor, dc phase linearizer, dsee ultimate and EQ. If you use battery care which starts your battery drain at 88%, you are looking at 5 to 6 hours of playback only for Walkman music app.

Apr 21, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #2,797 of 15,699
Yes, the Ugliest mess ever designed, it screams "GAMER".
They say:
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
One man’s poison is another man’s meat

Subjectivity is part of the Human experience.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #2,798 of 15,699
I was trying to correct what you said about Bluetooth sounding different from high end Sony dap, which can be if you use dsee ultimate over bluetooth. This 2022 dsee ultimate AI algorithms has be further improved by Sony to be able to upscale even lossless files like 16bit 44.1 pcm into something that sounds closer to high resolution 32bit 192KHz. How much improvement you would perceive from this newer DSEE Ultimate for lossless files is in the ears of the beholder.

If it sounds different from an High End Sony DAP, the DAP is broken.
But if that is really an improvement the sound or just changes it is up to debate.

For compress low quality audio, its a big improvement, yes. But if you're listening to >=320kbps AAC its pretty much inaudible.

But even with low quality audio, its not like a day and night difference. I would never every recommend an WM1 Series DAP to anyone who wants to use it using LDAC (Sender). This tiny improvement that DSEE Ultiamte causes is a nice feature if you have the DAP anyway, but not a reason to get it.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #2,800 of 15,699
150hours ageing update for wm1am2:

There is slight improvements to the overall refinement of sound.

Sense of airiness, atmosphere and height has further improved.

Timbre presentation of instruments is more prominent.

Apr 21, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #2,801 of 15,699
I was trying to correct what you said about Bluetooth sounding different from high end Sony dap, which can be if you use dsee ultimate over bluetooth. This 2022 dsee ultimate AI algorithms has be further improved by Sony to be able to upscale even lossless files like 16bit 44.1 pcm into something that sounds closer to high resolution 32bit 192KHz. How much improvement you would perceive from this newer DSEE Ultimate for lossless files is in the ears of the beholder.
Ah I get what you mean.

I did not mention that I assumed using Direct. I always use direct so I have totally forgotten that you can intentionally change the sound

So to correct my statement, using direct, there will be no difference

Apr 21, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #2,802 of 15,699
About 18hours for neutron or other music apps according to Sony but that’s in direct source on mode.

If you switch on every DSP by Sony: vinyl Processor, dc phase linearizer, dsee ultimate and EQ. If you use battery care which starts your battery drain at 88%, you are looking at 5 to 6 hours of playback only for Walkman music app.
Thank you! That puts it at or on about the same playtime as Dx312 by Ibasso. But the Ibasso has a lot more juices :p
They say:
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
One man’s poison is another man’s meat

Subjectivity is part of the Human experience.
that means one man Alcoholic Drink is another man meal

Apr 21, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #2,803 of 15,699
Thank you! That puts it at or on about the same playtime as Dx312 by Ibasso. But the Ibasso has a lot more juices :p

that means one man Alcoholic Drink is another man meal
So what DSP is the iBasso capable of doing and what if you switch on all the DSP on the IBasso how much battery life is it going to have?

Apr 21, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #2,804 of 15,699
So what DSP is the iBasso capable of doing and what if you switch on all the DSP on the IBasso how much battery life is it going to have?
Ibasso doesn’t do any DSP like Sony, beside the PEQ. But once using Neutron player, you can enjoy all Neutron DSP. This is available on all AndroidOS. When doing the most extensively task with Neutron, upscaling to 368Khz and all to DSD , the player last about 8 hours

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #2,805 of 15,699

Users who are viewing this thread

Back