Sony NW WM1A Looking for a new partner
Apr 27, 2019 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

McClintock

New Head-Fier
This morning my VSONIC GR07's left me.
We had great moments together and shared the best and worst times with me, but they're gone now.

Only recently I've picked up the NW WM1A and now require something sufficient to pair them with.
The GR07's had a great sound signature, deep bass for the music I enjoy - Funk, Hiphop, Electro - so if anyone had suggestions on what would be ideal to go for next I'd appreciate it.
Budget is £150, but for the right pair, and I do mean the right pair, I'd stretch to £200.00
ideally they'll have a good case too, as my GR07's tended to sometimes get squashed in bags with their cheap black case, and also something that has a good variety of tips that are easy to acquire - the GR07 was a nightmare as i'd have to order special ones online and spend a day or two just finding a pair on ebay.

What would you suggest?

Apr 27, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 11
C50FCD45-F216-449A-9432-354DEBDA39D6.jpeg
You could try the BGVP DM6

Pictured:
1A - MUC M12SB1 - BGVP DM6 - Sony L Hybrid Tips
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bgv...d-new-ba-series.894331/page-251#post-14922045

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #4 of 11
Looks really good. Great reviews too, definitely going to have a think on that one.
Does it come with a bag for protection etc?

No, and I do recommend some style of box. Also I actually have done a long review. Which I will place a link to. In the review it talks about tips and cables as some, including myself found the 1A 4.4mm balanced connection to get things more dialed in. So in short you may need to find both aftermarket tips and an aftermarket cable to dial in the sound to it’s full potential.

Those cases can be found as little as $3.99.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bgvp-dm6.23290/reviews

For many this has been an exciting bass experience as the bass is really good though controlled too. Many thought they needed DD for the best bass, but they get it done with a BA driver in this case.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #6 of 11
Apr 27, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #7 of 11
That looks like the fort know of cases, added one to my Amazon cart!

I'll see what other suggestions people come up with towards IEM's.

DM6's are winning so far! By default...as that's the only suggestion I've received :-/

Apr 27, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #8 of 11
I personally like bigger cases like that as it seems to be easer if the cable is wound less tight. Though I never take my two pairs of DM6 IEMs anywhere, the black color can show slight dings better than the clear aqua-blue I have.

Apr 27, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #9 of 11
Go to the buy and sell section and try and score a deal on a used Campfire Audio Polaris...there's bound to be a few pop up in the coming weeks.

May 7, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #11 of 11
I feel I may be too late but the dm7 are on massdrop and are, by lol accounts a significant upgrade. PM me if youstill haven’t ordered and I can get you the link as well as some cool sneak peak stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back