SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Mar 22, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #1,351 of 2,453

Gray here!!

Really want to try a set of wireless B&W P5 series 2 phones on it... C'mon payday!

I am using the wired P5 series 2's with my A17 for a couple of years now and they are awesome together.  I think you will be extremely happy with this combination.  I would love to hear your opinion on this combination at some point as I am looking at the A35 as a possible upgrade.  The A17 is a tad under powered for my P5's on some tracks.  I am hoping the extra bump in power with the A35 will be just what I need to make the perfect fit.

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #1,352 of 2,453
  I have been on a DAP quest over the last few weeks and briefly owned and trialled the Sony NW-A35, ZX2, Plenue D and Fiio X5iii.
I ended up keeping the A35
beyersmile.png

1. The Sony ZX2 sounded best of all, but was just so heavy and expensive that the small uplift in SQ wasn't enough to justify keeping it.  I do miss that amazingly well controlled bass though...
  2. The Fiio X5iii is a nice player, but not really up to the hype.  It sounded a bit too dull by default and the Viper effects are too unnatural (and having to be online to use them is an awful compromise - Fiio need to negotiate rights properly and avoid this inconvenience to their users).  The build and design is nice, but nowhere near the Sony standards.
  3. The Plenue D is a fantastic little player with great SQ (BBE is awesome) and amazing battery life.  I was just as happy with the sound from this as I was the A35, but ultimately, the screen and UI on the A35 are sooo much better that that swung it for me.  If battery life and absolute minimal size were more important to you then the Plenue D is the better option.
  4. The A35 has (for me) just the right mix of great sound, compact size, superb UI/screen and decent battery life.

orang you are right about the ZX2 bass it was deep and it was powerful but the overall sound was just not enough to justify the price i moved mine on....For that same kind of bass just try the ZX100 the bass kicks ass and has wonderful vocals... Dont get the asian version that is  too bright  it is ear piecing bright ..... the EU version is different it has that nice warm sound similar to the ZX2 

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #1,353 of 2,453
Just got my hands on it. Awesome little player. Removed the EU volume cap and this sounds fabulous with the Shure 846. Thanks for all your recommendations, will give a run out for a few days then post up my thoughts. 

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #1,355 of 2,453

I have a Samsung 256GB and my WM1A reads it fine, prior to this i had a sanDisk 200GB in my ZX100 and also grabbe dit OK no prob

Have you tested every track on the full 256GB, i've read that the card can be read but there will be stuff potentially missing from the library?

not yet

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #1,357 of 2,453
Just plug mine into my PC to transfer some music and MediaGo pop up with a firmware update message. Clicked Install and Firmware 1.20 is now installed. No idea what it does yet, need to go check Sony's page.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #1,360 of 2,453
Installed fw 1.20
Initial impression is even snappier UI again, and im running with a 200GB sandisk card
Love this player...

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #1,363 of 2,453
Now if only they would add podcast/audiobook support in I could stop looking at android players.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #1,364 of 2,453
  Now if only they would add podcast/audiobook support in I could stop looking at android players.

=1.

Anyone know if this is even feasible with a FW update?

What is weird, or typical Sony, is that they finally have a greatly improved viable media software (media go) with easy podcast access, then they remove it from the A35.

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #1,365 of 2,453
Feasible as in technically possible, i'd bet so. Feasible as in Sony making a sensible change within the realm of human logic? Yeah idk, I won two dollars in the lottery once...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back