SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Mar 26, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #1,366 of 2,453
  Now if only they would add podcast/audiobook support in I could stop looking at android players.

​Maybe you can put your audio books on a custom folder inside music or group them in a different genre such as Learning / Audiobook

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #1,367 of 2,453

​Maybe you can put your audio books on a custom folder inside music or group them in a different genre such as Learning / Audiobook

That isn't the problem, and indeed what I have done.  What the ipods always did was, if you left an audiobook mid way to listen to music and then go back it would remember where you left off.  The sony doesn't do that and starts from the beginning again.  Right now I am listening to Brandon Sandersons Mistborn series which is 6-7 hour or so parts over 2 cds.  So you can see how annoying it is trying to remember where you got to!

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #1,368 of 2,453

That isn't the problem, and indeed what I have done.  What the ipods always did was, if you left an audiobook mid way to listen to music and then go back it would remember where you left off.  The sony doesn't do that and starts from the beginning again.  Right now I am listening to Brandon Sandersons Mistborn series which is 6-7 hour or so parts over 2 cds.  So you can see how annoying it is trying to remember where you got to!

David,

Do know that the A17 and A25 (I think) have this feature for their podcasts?  Not sure what phones you have to drive, but if IEM, either of those should work.  Not sure if you need the additional power from the a35.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #1,369 of 2,453

David,

Do know that the A17 and A25 (I think) have this feature for their podcasts?  Not sure what phones you have to drive, but if IEM, either of those should work.  Not sure if you need the additional power from the a35.

Thanks.  Apparently the a17 (15 in the uk) does have podcast support which makes the lack of it here annoying.  Don't really want to go back to buttons as would prefer the touchscreen for interface.

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #1,370 of 2,453
btw, has anyone noticed an improvement in sound quality in 1.20 ?

I flashed from 1.02 to 1.20 and noticed its much more responsive but it also sounds better, the sound has more thickness and body to it,

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #1,371 of 2,453
I went fw 1.01->1.02.->1.10->1.20 and the latest one (1.20) seems to be the snappiest of them all. I haven't noticed change in SQ. It'd be intereting to know if there have been any improvements to the battery life.

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #1,377 of 2,453

People say this but I have seen zero improvement over 1.10.

I call placebo.

I can tell the difference between the firmware on ui not sound certainly.  It used to be quite sluggish, now it's a lot more snappy.

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #1,379 of 2,453
I also confirm improved UI (less/no hangs and faster listing..) on maxed 200GB flac and wav content...

Also, can't get enough of the A-35 + Fiio A5 with UE900... A delight for those who like it relatively flat and true to the source material. The amp's not essential, but that extra volume on tap for the UE900's is great to have in reserve plus a rotary volume control is a nice throwback to simpler times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back