SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Mar 31, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #1,398 of 2,453

Nope.
This is a dumb device and the operating system is Sony OS (not Android).

I bought this player about a month ago and i think that sony has focused more on sound quality rather than the build quality and software.
The materials are a little weak and the interface isn't responsive like the one of the Fiio, but the sound that comes out of this player is something fantastic in my opinion.

It's not the best of the best, but it's not even so bad. 
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #1,399 of 2,453
  I bought this player about a month ago and i think that sony has focused more on sound quality rather than the build quality and software.
The materials are a little weak and the interface isn't responsive like the one of the Fiio, but the sound that comes out of this player is something fantastic in my opinion.

wink.gif

Have you tried updating the firmware recently?  If not it does make a difference.  I agree on the build quality though.  Mine has a bit of a creak to it at the top of the screen.  Does do mp3 gapless rather nicely though.

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #1,400 of 2,453

Have you tried updating the firmware recently?  If not it does make a difference.  I agree on the build quality though.  Mine has a bit of a creak to it at the top of the screen.  Does do mp3 gapless rather nicely though.

Yeah, i updated to 1.20 straight out of the box and yes the interface is improved a lot, but with my 64 gb full flac Micro-sd with hd album art is very heavy to be processed 
rolleyes.gif
, and the lag is behind the corner.
Mine has a little bazel on the back, but it's a very small thing. 

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #1,401 of 2,453

wink.gif

Interesting view.

I much preferred the Sony UI to Fiio's use of Android.  Sometimes less is more.

Design and build quality also top notch.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #1,402 of 2,453
Yeah, i updated to 1.20 straight out of the box and yes the interface is improved a lot, but with my 64 gb full flac Micro-sd with hd album art is very heavy to be processed :rolleyes: , and the lag is behind the corner.
Mine has a little bazel on the back, but it's a very small thing. 

Have you got the chance to borrow and try a faster card ? I think this may be part of the problem as I noticed a difference in response and library building between cards of different speed and brand. I currently have a Sandisk ultra 200GB fully loaded and the response when using folder browsing is pretty snappy...

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #1,403 of 2,453
Have you got the chance to borrow and try a faster card ? I think this may be part of the problem as I noticed a difference in response and library building between cards of different speed and brand. I currently have a Sandisk ultra 200GB fully loaded and the response when using folder browsing is pretty snappy...

I use a Sandisk Micro SDXC Extreme Class 10 UHS-I U3 and the speed is around 
90 MB/sec. The album tab is the only tab a little laggy, anyway nothing too serious. ​
Which Micro SD do you use?​

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #1,404 of 2,453
Hi I am using Sony 100abn with this player and in wired mode with the anc On sound gets completely distorted and destroyed with anything above 90 volume level, is there anyone else using it with 100abn facing same issue.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #1,405 of 2,453
  Hi I am using Sony 100abn with this player and in wired mode with the anc On sound gets completely distorted and destroyed with anything above 90 volume level, is there anyone else using it with 100abn facing same issue.

I'm 90% sure that the problem resides in the ANC. 
Probably the microphone that analyzes external noise is influenced by some disturbance and messes everything up.
This is my guess, maybe it's something else.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #1,407 of 2,453
  mic is fine i guess,  problem is in post-processing done by headphone when it is on, when i turn off the anc and just keep the headphone on, it still distorts but when completely off it doesn't distort.

maybe problems with new OS as this OS was developed from scratch

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #1,409 of 2,453
firmware on headphone or player?
most probably headphone is faulty according to me, just want to confirm others user having issue or not And if anybody found any solution for it.

It can be both as I have read NC tech uses ADC to inspect the noise outside and then after processing it inverts the waves of the noise (180°) so noise gets cancelled in some way, so this inverted phase wave form is inserted together with the music playback

Perhaps the CPU and DAC/ADC are causing music  to distort while combining noise wave form + music waveform...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back