SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Feb 7, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #1,006 of 2,453

I was using the card in a USB 3.0 reader, not in the Sony.  However, I tried formatting it with the SD Association tool and now I'm able to write data to it again.  I hadn't tried formatting it earlier today though I had formatted it using the Windows 10 formatter since getting it.  I'm again trying to copy a huge chunk of data to the card now and will report back the results.

Presuming the data copy fails again the card is going back to B&H since they'll cover the return shipping and I've only had it a few days.  Dealing with Lexar means I will have to pay to ship it.  You appear to be correct on the warranty though.  Lifetime, the reader has the 1 year warranty.  I was going off the warranty information listed on the B&H product page.

Edit: Happened again.  This time slightly sooner at 60.4GB into the copy.

You mentioned two Lexar cards failed, did you get them at the same time?  If not the other failed card should be covered under the Lexar lifetime warranty.  Are you planning to try and return that one as well?

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #1,007 of 2,453
  Same issues with a Kingstons, two sd cards died, one with vacation photos pfffff, never bought Kingston again and stick with sandDisk or sammy

What size were the Kingston cards that failed?  I ask because I have been using a Kingston 64GB card in my A17 for over two years without any problems.  I have another one in a digital camera that is 6 years old and it still works fine.  I also have a 128GB Kingston USB 3.0 flash drive I use extensively again with no issues.

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #1,008 of 2,453
  You mentioned two Lexar cards failed, did you get them at the same time?  If not the other failed card should be covered under the Lexar lifetime warranty.  Are you planning to try and return that one as well?

The 2nd one was the replacement for the first one that was bad out of the package (failed fake flash test and had very odd writing behavior).

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #1,009 of 2,453

Same issues with a Kingstons, two sd cards died, one with vacation photos pfffff, never bought Kingston again and stick with sandDisk or sammy

What size were the Kingston cards that failed?  I ask because I have been using a Kingston 64GB card in my A17 for over two years without any problems.  I have another one in a digital camera that is 6 years old and it still works fine.  I also have a 128GB Kingston USB 3.0 flash drive I use extensively again with no issues.

​2GB, 512MB and a usb stick of 64GB

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #1,010 of 2,453
Bought it. Seems ok but almost all of album artwork are missing. All my music have id3 v2.3 tag with jpg or png artwork. No problem on others player (fiio M3 for example).
Can't find a pattern to identify the problem.

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #1,011 of 2,453
Ho
Bought it. Seems ok but almost all of album artwork are missing. All my music have id3 v2.3 tag with jpg or png artwork. No problem on others player (fiio M3 for example).

How would you rate the sound, without eq or effects against the Fiio M3? I find the M3 to have a pretty good smooth sound with no particular weaknesses, but obviously the Sony is way more advanced. Love some sound comparisons. :)

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #1,012 of 2,453

It doesn't support progressive JPEGs.  Not sure on PNGs since I don't put those in files.  You are talking about embedded artwork right?

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #1,016 of 2,453
Got mine from SONY Malaysia for USD 157. They had some rebates so its cheaper.

Getting a friend to bring it back to Adelaide.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,017 of 2,453
Got mine from SONY Malaysia for USD 157. They had some rebates so its cheaper.

Getting a friend to bring it back to Adelaide.

That's a terrific price! List price in Malaysia is about $200, but if you shop around you can sometimes, but not always buy for that price - that's the absolute lowest that I have seen. That's what I'm looking to pay here in Kuala Lumpur.

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #1,018 of 2,453
Just to say that got my sony a35 from mcmichaels.co.uk without hassle today.  Amazon uk still awaiting stock.

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #1,019 of 2,453
So today I got lucky and found one of the seller on ebay willing to sell me an ak100ii for $500 brand new lol.. I guess I'm not going to buy sony a36hn but I ordered the case already and shipped via air package. I think package will be arrives end of the Feb. Anyone willing to buy it? the package comes with red case and black case and a glass protector and a stripe. please see pic downblow. asking for $25 with shipping only for USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back