SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Mar 16, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #1,276 of 2,453

Thank you, but that's basically wrong.  Even by their own convoluted base 10 measurement method where a "GB" = 10^9 bytes rather than 2^30, the Sandisk "200GB" is only 196GB.  They are falsely advertising the capacity.

It says on the packaging 200GB*

The * has the disclaimer that 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes.  Actual user storage less.

The card has a total usable capacity of 196,798,840,832 bytes.  That's not 200GB by their definition.  A 128GB Sandisk USB 3.0 flash drive with the same disclaimer has 128,027,983,872 bytes.  A 64GB Sandisk USB 3.0 flash drive has 64,018,710,528 bytes.  A 64GB Sandisk SDXC card has 63,831,015,424 bytes.  A 32GB Sandisk SDXC card has 31,902,400,512 bytes.

So, other Sandisk products basically comply with their redefinition of a GB, but not the "200GB" microSDXC card.  As a percentage is much more short than any of the others on bytes.  If they were consistent it would be about 500MB short of 200GB, not 3200MB short.

Not wrong, but maybe misunderstood. You seem to have the basic idea, regardless of the deeper explanation -- The manufacturers gently mislead consumers.

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #1,282 of 2,453
  Not wrong, but maybe misunderstood. You seem to have the basic idea, regardless of the deeper explanation -- The manufacturers gently mislead consumers.

What an belittling post.  As if I'm only just getting the concept after careful reproof.  Effectively I'm talking about the topic at a Master's level and you shoot me a link with the high school class level explanation.  I explain why the high school level explanation is inadequate with plenty of detail and you tell me I'm starting to get it.  Unreal...

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #1,283 of 2,453
I have the A25 and I personally find the slight bump in output power with the A-30 gives my UE900's just what they need for noisy public transport listening without an amp on quiet material.. although I never maxed out the volume using the UE900 + A25...  If the A-20 series had anything on the A-30 it is IMO the quick boot and file navigation with the four way keypad, sill super-fast.

For me, this little pairing is jaw dropping for daily commute to work and holidays. So happy... and I don't feel my listening experience is compromised in any way (if you ever had to go back to cassette based walkman's you might realise how lucky we are these days although the Sony WM-D6C and SR-80's still get's taken out on special occasions with a handful of tapes I recorded over 20 years ago)

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,284 of 2,453
Guys, I need help!!

Setting up my A30 and did the volume limit removal with no problems.

Now coming to set up the player, I'm struggling and its prob something simple but its driving me mad!!

The player won't find and mount my memory card.  I've a Sandisk 128gb card which I was using no problem with my Cowon Plenue D.  Card works fine on the computer.  I've read all the Sony guides and it seems I supposed to be plug in and it should mount.

I put the card in, theres an orange flash as the player accepts the card and its showing as an icome on Windows laptop but its greyed out so it can't be used.

Any ideas??

I normally can figure these things out!!

Mat

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #1,285 of 2,453
Might be a pain but you need to format the card in the player then you can push/copy your music files to the folder it creates on the card called 'MUSIC' it will then see your music

Mar 18, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,288 of 2,453
  Guys, I need help!!

Setting up my A30 and did the volume limit removal with no problems.

Now coming to set up the player, I'm struggling and its prob something simple but its driving me mad!!

The player won't find and mount my memory card.  I've a Sandisk 128gb card which I was using no problem with my Cowon Plenue D.  Card works fine on the computer.  I've read all the Sony guides and it seems I supposed to be plug in and it should mount.

I put the card in, theres an orange flash as the player accepts the card and its showing as an icome on Windows laptop but its greyed out so it can't be used.

Any ideas??

I normally can figure these things out!!

Mat

Sounds like you're having a similar issue to me.

I took my 64Gb unbranded micro SDXC card out of my Fiio X1 and it didn't work with my A35. Even after I formatted it in exFAT it didn't work. My A35's light flashed on the side but the OS did not pick up the card at all at any time.

All I ended up doing was grabbing my Dad's 64Gb Toshy out of his camera, giving that a shot and it worked. My unbranded worked in his camera so we swapped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back