SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Oct 22, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #229 of 2,453
NW-A30 uses THE SAME OS as WM1 series o WHILE READING THE GUIDE FOR WM1A found these INTERESTING THINGS of the NEW OS

I've read the Guide, my eyes devoured it

SONY FINALLY LISTENED TO ALL OF OUR REQUESTS *

A) you can manage playlists in the walkman Now!!!!!, not just bookmarks
B) You can delete songs, or folders or albums from the walkman now too
C) the EQ looks like kind like parametric
D)you can customize the library screen and hide ítems you don't like f.e (hiding composers view or sensme channels view)
E) in the WM1Z the available space is 230.60GB (my Sammy is 238.60GB) why it is eating so much space? in contrast WM1A is 114.15GB not that much decrease from ZX100
F)during USB connection to pc YOU CAN NOW SELECT  DATA TRANSFER & CHARGE (you cannot use the walkman)/ CHARGE ONLY from PC and being able to USE THE WALKMAN
G) Brightness levels has been increased in steps number 0-100 VS 1-5 in ZX100
H) to prevent LOUD volume-surprises when connecting to balanced 4.4mm the walkman will automatically lower the volume
I) it has Keyboard (to search your library)
J) screen will remain off now and to turn it on during playback you must press the power button once (like xperia cellphones)

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #230 of 2,453
According to the NW-A30's product page on Sony Malaysia, the retail price will be set to RM899.(Around 215usd)
I think that's the cheapest price compared to prices in other countries.

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #231 of 2,453
  According to the NW-A30's product page on Sony Malaysia, the retail price will be set to RM899.(Around 215usd)
I think that's the cheapest price compared to prices in other countries.

Well the Taiwan Sony Site is selling the A35 for NT$6,490 which translate to about US$204 so that beats your Malaysian price by $10    :)

https://store.sony.com.tw/product/show/8a818bb956e51dca015721438ae670b3?currentCategoryId=6A79C85752BC48CDAD00465B

Can't wait!!!!!

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #232 of 2,453
NW-A30 uses THE SAME OS as WM1 series o WHILE READING THE GUIDE FOR WM1A found these INTERESTING THINGS of the NEW OS

D)you can customize the library screen and hide ítems you don't like f.e (hiding composers view or sensme channels view)
E) in the WM1Z the available space is 230.60GB (my Sammy is 238.60GB) why it is eating so much space? in contrast WM1A is 114.15GB not that much decrease from ZX100
F)during USB connection to pc YOU CAN NOW SELECT  DATA TRANSFER & CHARGE (you cannot use the walkman)/ CHARGE ONLY from PC and being able to USE THE WALKMAN
H) to prevent LOUD volume-surprises when connecting to balanced 4.4mm the walkman will automatically lower the volume
J) screen will remain off now and to turn it on during playback you must press the power button once (like xperia cellphones)
thanks dude

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #233 of 2,453
Hahahaha, blame it on GST. 
tongue.gif

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #234 of 2,453
Found these things

some ODD things

EDIT SURPRISE

​Walkman NW-A30 series Does not have a DIRECT mode

​SUrprise NO. 2 while Reading the NW-A30 guide what the hell?! is there also a Korean volumen cap just like the EU volumen Cap?!
blink.gif

Volume operation (Only for countries/areas complying with European and Korean Directives

FINAL SURPRISE still doing this?! *File Sizes Larger tan 4GB cannot be playedback

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #236 of 2,453
  Found these things

some ODD things

EDIT SURPRISE

​Walkman NW-A30 series Does not have a DIRECT mode

​SUrprise NO. 2 while Reading the NW-A30 guide what the hell?! is there also a Korean volumen cap just like the EU volumen Cap?!
blink.gif

FINAL SURPRISE still doing this?! *File Sizes Larger tan 4GB cannot be playedback

Gosh so I can't combine a couple hundred songs into one massive song over 4 GB in size and play it, sounds like a deal breaker to me. 
biggrin.gif

Do you actually have file sizes larger than 4 GB?  

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #237 of 2,453

Quote:
Gosh so I can't combine a couple hundred songs into one massive song over 4 GB in size and play it, sounds like a deal breaker to me. 
biggrin.gif

Do you actually have file sizes larger than 4 GB?  

Nope
wink_face.gif
 largest 393MB flac file

Oct 22, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #238 of 2,453
No direct mode, meaning no USB OTG w/ the WM1 cable?

Oct 22, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #240 of 2,453

This makes it hard to choose between a step up in SQ to the ZX100 or the improved functions/features of the A30. 
I would benefit greatly from the side buttons, playlist feature and screen off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back