SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Jan 17, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #2,207 of 2,453
Hello all,

Getting either one of these or a Cayin N3 soon - does the A35 have USB OTG capability or not? As far as I'm aware that's the only thing the N3 has that the A35 lacks, not 100% sure tho. Anyone able to shed some light on this situation? Thanks :)

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #2,208 of 2,453
Hello all,

Getting either one of these or a Cayin N3 soon - does the A35 have USB OTG capability or not? As far as I'm aware that's the only thing the N3 has that the A35 lacks, not 100% sure tho. Anyone able to shed some light on this situation? Thanks :)

No it doesn't, but u can swap microSD whenever u feel like

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #2,210 of 2,453
I beg to differ - the A3x (and A2x) has OTG capability.

Even the screen says when you swipe up: "USB Audio Output - Sound Settings do ot apply to USB audio output"

It's just a question of having the right cable. I found an excellent and cheap digital out cable in Hongkong (Wan Chai computer center) yesterday with WM-port and micr-USB termination. The asking price is HKD 198. Works well with the A3x and A2x series - wonderful combo with the Fiio Q1 mk2 (also the size is nearly exactly the same for the two, so really nice stack)

(stupid me, bought only 1)

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #2,211 of 2,453
Meanwhile I found another OTG cable for the A-3x/A2x - the Fiio L27. I bought it in Singapore for 28SGD (20 U$), works perfectly with the Q1 (and my guess is that it would work with othr DACs,too)

Here's even a press release from Fiio for the cable from las November

http://www.fiio.net/en/story/612

FiiO Release the WMport to Micro USB Digital Audio Cable L27

Publish time:2017-11-27

FiiO Q1 Mark II can be used as a USB DAC for your iPhone, computer, as well as Sony Walkman players. By using a special designed adapter cable, you can connect from the WM-port of your Sony Walkman player to the Q1 Mark II, so that the latter may do digital decoding duties to add some spice to your music.

This special designed adapter cable L27 is available now! With this cable, you can further explore the functions of FiiO hot-selling product Q1 Mark II and the Q5 that may be available soon in December.

Check out the introduction of L27 by below pictures or >>Click Here

The delivery of L27 to our worldwide agents starts this week. If you are considering about getting one, you can kindly check with local agents (>>Where to Buy) for its availability.

If it's not available in your local market, you can kindly buy it at our Aliexpress: >>Click here

Jan 31, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #2,212 of 2,453
Meanwhile I found another OTG cable for the A-3x/A2x - the Fiio L27. I bought it in Singapore for 28SGD (20 U$), works perfectly with the Q1 (and my guess is that it would work with othr DACs,too)

Here's even a press release from Fiio for the cable from las November

http://www.fiio.net/en/story/612

FiiO Release the WMport to Micro USB Digital Audio Cable L27

Publish time:2017-11-27

FiiO Q1 Mark II can be used as a USB DAC for your iPhone, computer, as well as Sony Walkman players. By using a special designed adapter cable, you can connect from the WM-port of your Sony Walkman player to the Q1 Mark II, so that the latter may do digital decoding duties to add some spice to your music.

This special designed adapter cable L27 is available now! With this cable, you can further explore the functions of FiiO hot-selling product Q1 Mark II and the Q5 that may be available soon in December.

Check out the introduction of L27 by below pictures or >>Click Here

The delivery of L27 to our worldwide agents starts this week. If you are considering about getting one, you can kindly check with local agents (>>Where to Buy) for its availability.

If it's not available in your local market, you can kindly buy it at our Aliexpress: >>Click here

Thanks! know of anything goes to USB?

Feb 1, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #2,213 of 2,453
DSC_0547.JPG
DSC_0556.JPG
DSC_0555.JPG
Ok, so as it is very little write-ups about how to connect the a35 to external DAC (specifically XDuoo XD-05) on OTG, here is how;
1) Get the cable as per picture.
2) Connect.
3) Enjoy

Cheers

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #2,214 of 2,453
Here's my setup: A35+Fiio Q1MkII with WMport-to-micoUSB OTG cable. Small and tidy, I just wish Fiio had included their L27 cable with the Q1, as they did all other cables.

As you can see from the screen, it's putting out to the DAC, bypassing Sony's builtin DAC.

IMG_1821.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #2,215 of 2,453
Here's my setup: A35+Fiio Q1MkII with WMport-to-micoUSB OTG cable. Small and tidy, I just wish Fiio had included their L27 cable with the Q1, as they did all other cables.

As you can see from the screen, it's putting out to the DAC, bypassing Sony's builtin DAC.

I don't have that notice saying USB audio output. I just lost control of volume from the DAP. But definitely better sounding then using aux to aux.

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #2,217 of 2,453
You get that text when you slide upwards (?) where you'd be able to adjust the different effects - otherwise it shows the normal play screen.
Aaaaaa now i know, cheers

Feb 3, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #2,219 of 2,453
Nice clear case for my A35+Fiio Q1MkII+Fiio L16+Fiio F5 :L3000:

Great!
But IIRC my F5 were driven properly from the A35 alone. Btw do does the sound change with double amping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back